$20,000,000,000,000.00 Decit...What is Hillary's Plan to REDUCE it?

Trump is going to bring all these jobs back:
robotic_arms--621x414.jpg
What's your point?
That factory could be in the US.

{sigh}

What's your point?

{sigh}

Your sigh is due to your Stock Portfolio.

Otherwise known as the Free Enterprise system, which all conservatives claim to love more than anything. And I agree. As part owner of Ford, I expect..no, demand, that management maximize profit on my investment. Otherwise, what the hell, I'll sell Ford and buy Honda.

Hillary Clinton on the issues

All tried and failed.
No tariffs to diminish the profits gained by leaving America.
Job training but not forcing companies in any way whatever to hire Americans.
Raising taxes on the rich...so they'll leave the US even sooner.

Somebody please explain to me how all of a sudden Directors and CEOs are going to be MOVED by these programs to all of a sudden love Americans and make America prosper.

Well, you know what they say; if it's broke, don't bother to fix it.

What's your point?

{sigh}

Otherwise known as the Free Enterprise system, which all conservatives claim to love more than anything. And I agree. As part owner of Ford, I expect..no, demand, that management maximize profit on my investment.
And I agree with you completely that the job of a business Entity is return on investment.
That, however, is NOT the job of Government.

What's your point?

{sigh}

Otherwise known as the Free Enterprise system, which all conservatives claim to love more than anything. And I agree. As part owner of Ford, I expect..no, demand, that management maximize profit on my investment.
And I agree with you completely that the job of a business Entity is return on investment.

Yet Trump seems bent on restraining the invisible hand of capitalism as president, (except, of course, his own businesses ) I would call putting a 50% tariff on Ford to be government interference with the free market, myself.

What's your point?

{sigh}

Yet Trump seems bent on restraining the invisible hand of capitalism as president, (except, of course, his own businesses )
The invisible hand doesn't seem to do such a great job for too many years without crashing.
You've got to admit we have bubbles and crashes way too often since Raygun.

Yet Trump seems bent on restraining the invisible hand of capitalism as president, (except, of course, his own businesses )
The invisible hand doesn't seem to do such a great job for too many years without crashing.

I am 71, and I have seen this going on all my life. It is not a problem for me. It is an opportunity.

Buy low, and sell high.

I am 71, and I have seen this going on all my life. It is not a problem for me. It is an opportunity.

Buy low, and sell high.

You probably had a steady career; not too many since 2000 have had such luck.
I'm not going get rich with my $1,000.00 investment.

Buy low, and sell high.

We all started like you. I could not afford to buy a house until I was 35. Embrace greed. Trust me. I was a republican until I retired..

Here lies the problem, Baby Boomers don't understand anymore that jobs like ones at Ford don't fall out of the sky anymore. You have to have a degree so many times just to get a job that doesn't pay as much as Ford did, and on top of that, you are now making a payment each month equal to a car payment to pay back your school loans.

Buy low, and sell high.

We all started like you. I could not afford to buy a house until I was 35. Embrace greed. Trust me. I was a republican until I retired..
I don't think you get it.
You had economic ups and downs but weren't overtly replaced by Trespassers or Business Visas or by mass Off-Shoring.
Every economic downturn in the US since 2001 has been an excuse for careers and jobs to vanish.
I know too many professionals who have had to start from scratch in their 40s, 50s AND 60s.

Buy low, and sell high.

I don't think you get it.
You had economic ups and downs but weren't overtly replaced by Trespassers or Business Visas or by mass Off-Shoring.
Every economic downturn in the US since 2001 has been an excuse for careers and jobs to vanish.
I know too many professionals who have had to start from scratch in their 40s, 50s AND 60s.

And, all my life, I have heard sob stories about how it was somebody else's fault that they were out of work.

You are not going to believe this, but my primary career was in health insurance, and 12 companies that I worked for no longer exist. I'll name a few. Kennasaw Life. Lonestar Life, Republic National, Farmer's Union, Piedmont Southern, Certus, Oshner, etc, etc. In short, I never worked at any one company for more than 4 years. I was never even vested with a pension.

The solution is not to blame the Latinos, Asians, or whatever. The solution is to "cowboy up", and get with the program. If you can not compete in today's job market, the problem is not Jose, or Nugen, but, is you.

Last edited:
Hillary Clinton on the issues

All tried and failed.
No tariffs to diminish the profits gained by leaving America.
Job training but not forcing companies in any way whatever to hire Americans.
Raising taxes on the rich...so they'll leave the US even sooner.

Somebody please explain to me how all of a sudden Directors and CEOs are going to be MOVED by these programs to all of a sudden love Americans and make America prosper.

Trump has a plan to “force” companies to hire Americans? Please elaborate.

Hillary's plan has been scored by Independent think tanks, and over 10 years, will add $200 billion to the national debt. Trump's plan over 10 years will add $10 Trillion MORE to the National debt, making it $30 Trillion....

If you take the National Debt seriously, then you would HAVE to support Hillary and Hillary's plan, over the Donald's plan which ADDS nearly $10 Trillion more to the National Debt than her plan.

Have you ever considered that Trump's plan expresses an extreme view so that it leaves a massive amount of room for negotiation?

For example when you go to buy a car the Car Dealership has a ridiculous price on the windshield. They know that nobody will pay that much for the car. It's just a tool to start the conversation. Then you come back with a ridiculous counter offer that you know they won't accept. Eventually the two of you work out a deal that is good for both of you but also bad for both of you. They didn't sell the $12,000 car to you for $18,000 but you didn't get the $12,000 car for $7,000 either. Trump's plan are deliberately unrealistic. He is leaving room to make a deal.

Last night the Republican candidate wore a blue tie which is a Democratic color. The Democratic candidate wore a red dress which is a Republican color. Both of them are ready to wheel and deal. Trump doesn't really want to implement tariffs. He has already started the negotiation. Even if he does implement tariffs they will be short lived. The offending nation would comply with our demands within a short period of time. Trump talks in extremes because that gets people's attention. That is deliberate. He does that on purpose.

“Trump’s plans are deliberately unrealistic….”

Sums it up perfectly.

when will these stupid ass RW's learn the difference between "Decit" and debt ?

better yet, when will they learn to spell big words like deficit?

We are talking RICARDIAN Free Trade.
The Law of Comparative Advantage does not allow for tariffs. It also means that jobs will be moved around. Countries will produce what they can make most efficiently and trade for the rest. This would require retraining for jobs replaced by trade. I'm all for it as long as there is a strong retraining program established.

Clinton was the ONLY President to reduce the debt in over 50 years. Clinton & the Democrat Congress SLASHED the Deficit as soon as he took office. Clinton cut the deficit every year until there was a debt reducing SURPLUS to wipe away the Reagan / Bush debt & build up & pay SS money bask for the Baby Boomers retirement.

Then we elected Bush / Cheney DISASTER! with a Republican Congress causing deficits to explode!!! Bush / Cheney & the Republican Congress ended PAYGO!!! The PAYGO rule forced any new tax cut or spending not to add to the federal deficit.

Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill warned Vice President Dick Cheney of the harm Bush was causing by growing budget. Dick Cheney replied "You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter."

Reagan, Grover Norquist, Bush 1 & 2 & Cheney were very wrong!!!

There is no such thing as a tax cut! Spending cuts are all that matter. "Tax cuts" only multiply deficit inflation TAX that cost way more & harms the economy way more than taxes.

I was a Republican for 45 years until the Bush / Cheney / Republican Congress DISASTER! I will never, Never, NEVER EVER vote Republican again!

Even Jimmy Carter had a 12% GDP. & added jobs at a faster rate than Reagan, Bush1 & Bush2. The US GDP has been in decline since Reagan started "suply side" to tax the middle class wealth creating workers to subsidize the Rich.

Last edited:
What's your point?

{sigh}

Yet Trump seems bent on restraining the invisible hand of capitalism as president, (except, of course, his own businesses ) I would call putting a 50% tariff on Ford to be government interference with the free market, myself.
No, Trump intends to cut off the hands of your democrat crony capitalism......

Forum List

Back