🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 World Cup Thread

I'll say this ahead of time.

This final is not going to be particularly entertaining. The 1990 final that these 2 played in was considered one of the worst of all time so that doesn't bode well. This edition is going to be a tactical slugfest. Argentina are not afraid to use the dark arts of the sport to make sure the Germans don't have the freedom to cut through them like they did Brazil.

As for Germany, they have yet to meet a team who will willingly rough them up and play dirty in order to win. If they can withstand the physicality of Argentina's midfield, they will find ways past the defense, which is good, but not great. There's also the not-so-small threat of Messi they need to be wary of. I don't think Jogi Loew has the balls to put someone on Messi to make sure he stays out of the game like van Gaal did. If Germany lose this one, it'll be for that reason imo.

post-47176-Germany-beer-beat-Brazil-drink-8uxF.gif

Argentina will score early and win. Germany will shit the bed and lose 1-0. The Krauts will blame the officials and whine for the next 4 years that .....das ist unfair. Jetzt weinen wir...boohoo....

I am convinced the Germans have been cheating (to win an incredibly stupid..3rd world sport)

Holland destroys Brazil in the meaningless third place match.

Brazil have now been outscored 10-1 in two World Cup games on home soil.

I would never, ever have thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

Holland destroys Brazil in the meaningless third place match.

Brazil have now been outscored 10-1 in two World Cup games on home soil.

I would never, ever have thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

I would have. Brazil has been over-rated and over-achieved for years upon years. Croatia and Chile had already outplayed them as well. The only thing I wouldn't have ever thought was that something like this would have happened in Brazil; especially since this squad had dominated at home in the confed cup last year.

Confirms what I suspected about the Germany game. Brazil are just THAT bad. Just like Germany, the Dutch were rarely tested and played the game at the pace of a training match yet still managed to smash Brazil to oblivion. Because Brazil never posed a credible threat big enough for them to kick the game up a gear, the Dutch performance can only really be described as simply ordinary and expected. Just like ze Germans.

Brazil will do some soul searching though and they will rebound. Just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Maybe this will be the opportunity Brazil needs to find something more productive to obsess over. If that nation turned 1/8th of its national energy and attention to space exploration that it does soccer, they'd be serving feijoada and calpirina on the moons of Saturn by now.

Forum List

Back