🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 World Cup Thread

Maybe this will be the opportunity Brazil needs to find something more productive to obsess over. If that nation turned 1/8th of its national energy and attention to space exploration that it does soccer, they'd be serving feijoada and calpirina on the moons of Saturn by now.

Hey, look. It's that guy!

That_Guy1.jpg

Confirms what I suspected about the Germany game. Brazil are just THAT bad. Just like Germany, the Dutch were rarely tested and played the game at the pace of a training match yet still managed to smash Brazil to oblivion. Because Brazil never posed a credible threat big enough for them to kick the game up a gear, the Dutch performance can only really be described as simply ordinary and expected. Just like ze Germans.

Brazil will do some soul searching though and they will rebound. Just a matter of time.

The defending was shocking. You wouldn't expect that from a minnow let alone Brazil, particularly a side managed by Scolari. Scolari was criticized when he was first appointed manager before the 2002 World Cup for his "non-Brazilian" defensive tactics managing Gremio. So to see Brazil so amateurish at the back is stunning.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Germany. They were the best side in the tournament. They deserved to win.

Argentina didn't score in the last 322 minutes that they played. That's over 3.5 matches. The World Cup winner should at least score once in 3.5 games.

So, how does this work? Do they have to burn Berlin to the ground tonight? What's the protocol?

Good, we get real sports back for another four years.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

The final game was good for the first 60-70 minutes as the two teams went at each other though they couldn't finish. Predictably, they both began to tighten up as players began to worry about making a critical mistake that might cost them the World Cup. But in the end, the right team won.

It was an excellent tournament. The soccer was free-flowing, and there were several surprises, not least the collapse of Brazil.

Congratulations to Germany. They were the best side in the tournament. They deserved to win.

Argentina didn't score in the last 322 minutes that they played. That's over 3.5 matches. The World Cup winner should at least score once in 3.5 games.

The final game was good for the first 60-70 minutes as the two teams went at each other though they couldn't finish. Predictably, they both began to tighten up as players began to worry about making a critical mistake that might cost them the World Cup. But in the end, the right team won.

It was an excellent tournament. The soccer was free-flowing, and there were several surprises, not least the collapse of Brazil.

:thup: Only able to catch the last hour, I can say HOW THRILLING and Good on Germany....

:thup: Only able to catch the last hour, I can say HOW THRILLING and Good on Germany....

In many ways, I envy anyone managing to catch just the last hour.

The first hour, however, while goaless, had many close calls, and either team could have won in real time. Very well matched. The World Cup should congratulate itself for placing the two most worthy contenders in the Finale.

Forum List

Back