🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 World Cup Thread

Italy have now lost at their 2nd group stage game in 4 consecutive World Cups. You can almost set your watch to it. Costa Rica has been legit though. Excellent team and deserve their place in the next round

How about the French? For me they have the best attack line in the tournament. The true dark horses as no one saw them coming. Ridiculously talented side.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FIFA to investigate World Cup gay slurs by Brazil, Mexico fans - Outsports

FIFA, the governing body overseeing the World Cup, is investigating homophobic chants yelled by fans of Brazil and Mexico during their game Tuesday, and the national teams face discipline.
>

We wrote yesterday about the use of "puto" by Mexican fans at both World Cup games -- against Cameroon and Brazil, and the fact they could be heard on TV broadcasts. The slur, which translates into "fag" or "man-whore" or "coward," is chanted during an opposing team's goal kick.

On Tuesday, Brazilian fans stole the chant and used it against Mexican players. FARE, the anti-discrimination group monitoring abusive fan behavior at the event, reported the chants to FIFA, the London Telegraph reports. Croatia and Russia fans were also reported for their fans unfurling neo-Nazi banners.
<more>

Germany v Ghana was an absolutely fantastic match. Best of the tournament. The two sides went back and forth and a draw was the right result. Again, this is the best World Cup I've ever seen thus far. And as much as a German win would have been better for the US, I was rooting for Ghana.

Here's a feel good story.

It has been revealed that the physio who managed to get Luis Suarez from wheelchair to match-winner in less than a month was being treated for cancer at the same time.

Suarez had surgery on meniscus damage in his knee on May 22, and four weeks to the day he miraculously returned to score both Uruguay's goals in their 2-1 win over England on Thursday.

The striker ran straight over to the bench to celebrate with Walter Ferreira after scoring his for goal, and now the sacrifices the physio made to help the player have come to light.

Ferreira, 62, was in the final stages of chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma cancer when he began working with Suarez, with his final course completed three weeks ago before doctors gave him permission to fly out to Brazil with the Uruguay squad. ...

Now Ferreira, who has been given the all-clear but still has a low white blood cell count, is being treated as a superstar back in his homeland.

Suarez physio beat cancer before WC - ESPN FC

My heart is with Costa Rica this year.

Ooh, a dagger through my heart!

Portugal levels in the 5th minute of stoppage time.

However, the US is still in a very good position to advance. If the US earns a point against Germany or if Ghana beats or draws Portugal, the US is through. If Portugal beats Ghana and the US loses to Germany, then it comes down to goal difference with Portugal. Currently, the US is +5 over Portugal. Thus, as long as the US doesn't get blown out by Germany, we will advance.

Ooh, a dagger through my heart!

Portugal levels in the 5th minute of stoppage time.

However, the US is still in a very good position to advance. If the US earns a point against Germany or if Ghana beats or draws Portugal, the US is through. If Portugal beats Ghana and the US loses to Germany, then it comes down to goal difference with Portugal. Currently, the US is +5 over Portugal. Thus, as long as the US doesn't get blown out by Germany, we will advance.

Omigod! Break my heart, USA!

Disgusting performance for the second game in a row by the US. They couldn't hold a lead in either game. Brooks bailed them out against Ghana but no such luck tonight. Hopefully Germany slaughters them on Thursday and they get shown the door as they deserve. The only bad thing is that their record will still show 1-1-1 and look reasonable to those who don't know better.

That was an exciting game! I only wish the USA could have held on to the lead. We should have been up 3-1 after the missed empty netter....:thup!

They will get better from here too!

What makes you think that when they still haven't done anything in 84 years and their uber-coach, who was brought in 4 years ago still can't get them to play at a high level at BOTH ends of the field? They'll be going home after Thursday and this tournament still shows me they can't get it done when it matters.

What makes you think that when they still haven't done anything in 84 years and their uber-coach, who was brought in 4 years ago still can't get them to play at a high level at BOTH ends of the field? They'll be going home after Thursday and this tournament still shows me they can't get it done when it matters.

Beat Ghana and the #4 team in the world had to score a last second goal to tie....that's pretty fucking good in my book

Disgusting performance for the second game in a row by the US. They couldn't hold a lead in either game. Brooks bailed them out against Ghana but no such luck tonight. Hopefully Germany slaughters them on Thursday and they get shown the door as they deserve. The only bad thing is that their record will still show 1-1-1 and look reasonable to those who don't know better.

OK, I see what happened, we were watching USA - Portugal and you must have been watching Game of Thrones

Beat Ghana and the #4 team in the world had to score a last second goal to tie....that's pretty fucking good in my book

...it certainly makes next week’s match with Germany more interesting!

My biggest concern is that team that come back from Manaus are drained. They need to spend some time in a hyperbaric chamber soon

My biggest concern is that team that come back from Manaus are drained. They need to spend some time in a hyperbaric chamber soon

:lol:

The US team has exceeded all expectations for me....

now Italy is another story..the blue need a win or tie against Uruguay to advance......

My bad... I should've checked for this thread. It's been a great World Cup so far! I didn't think 2010 could be surpassed; but maybe. I don't know if there's been as many signature plays....but there's not been any terrible teams. Usually there's a couple stinkers. Even England and Spain didn't play that bad. They were just outclassed.

Forum List

Back