🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 World Cup Thread

I am not a soccer fan. But I've been watching, and ENJOYING the World Cup. There is something about these international competitions that I really love...the World Cup is the "Soccer Olympics".....

When the World Cup is over will I watch the pro soccer leagues in the USA? Probably not.....

And we have two good teams in LA! Maybe I'll go to a game this year?

Who knows?

Regardless, the World Cup is special.

USA are just three games from making a final. I realize that the odds aren't too great of that happening. But can you imagine how crazy things will be if that happens? It's gonna be party time!

Yeah, the total of five US citizens watching would go fucking nuts!

You're only 24,999,995 off!

I wasn't counting illegal aliens, coma patients parked in front of a TV, or people who fell asleep on the remote.

USA are just three games from making a final. I realize that the odds aren't too great of that happening. But can you imagine how crazy things will be if that happens? It's gonna be party time!

Yeah, the total of five US citizens watching would go fucking nuts!

You're only 24,999,995 off!

You think only 25 mil? I could see 25-35 mil for the semi. But I think everyone and their dog would be watching the final. Even non-soccer fans would know that that is history in the making. It'd have moon walk rating, whatever they were....or last episode of MASH ratings...one in every two people watching.

World Cup finals have drawn 20-25 million in the past.

My guess is that if the US got to the final, it would be at least double that.

But that ain't happening.

Oh yee of little faith...... A few lucky bounces and anything can happen. :thup:

If the US made a WC Final, it would be world news. Tweets and what not all over the place. It'd get a minimum of 80 million viewers state side. And if I had to take the over-under on 100 million, I'd take the over.

Glad the Netherlands beat the border jumpers. Hopefully Greece will defeat Costa Rica and knock out these over hyped CONCACAF teams from the tournament.

Oh yee of little faith...... A few lucky bounces and anything can happen. :thup:

It's why part of me wanted Mexico to win!

Talk about heart breakers....to lose in the final few minutes after holding the lead so long.....The Mexicans can't get past the round of 16.

Forum List

Back