🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2014 World Cup Thread

I heard that the ratings today broke ESPN records, but I haven't seen it yet.

FTR, the Canada-US Olympic Sochi hockey rating was less than 20% of the US-Portugal match.

U.S.-Canada, which started at noon on Friday, averaged 3.9 million viewers and peaked at 4.6 million around 2 p.m. It was the highest-rated hockey game in the history of the NBCSN.

Michael Arace commentary: Canadian hockey, TV ratings win big at Sochi | The Columbus Dispatch

Twice as many Americans watched that game than watched the US win the gold medal in basketball at the London Olympics.

The United States/Spain Olympic men’s basketball gold medal game drew 12.5 million viewers on NBC Sunday morning,

Sports Media Watch ? Olympics: USA/Spain Men?s Basketball Final Earns 12.5 Million Viewers

Here is the link for my earlier post on the US-Portugal match.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/b...up-match-outdoes-world-series-in-ratings.html

Last edited:
There are no games today.

I'm having soccer withdrawal! Help!

Oh no!!

Quick.

Stare at this for 90 minutes!!

DRYING-PAINT.2.gif

Chile took their foot off the gas. They really should've went for the winner between the 70th and 90th minute when Brazil were just playing for extra time.

Brazil has not looked good throughout this tournament. They are lacking flow, especially in the middle of the park.

The first 20-25 minutes, it looked like they were going to overwhelm Chile. But when Chile scored, they almost folded like a house of cards. Chile were the better side the second half. Brazil were lucky to escape when Chile rattled the bar in the 120th minute.

I still think Brazil will win it all, but they're going to have get better. On current form, Colombia is a better side.

Last edited:
Excellent game from Chile.... but it wasn't to be :(

So Brazil moves forward.

USA are just three games from making a final. I realize that the odds aren't too great of that happening. But can you imagine how crazy things will be if that happens? It's gonna be party time!

USA are just three games from making a final. I realize that the odds aren't too great of that happening. But can you imagine how crazy things will be if that happens? It's gonna be party time!

Yeah, the total of five US citizens watching would go fucking nuts!

Current odds of the US winning the World Cup are 80:1. Brazil are odds on favourite at 5:2. Argentina and Germany are 4:1. Colombia is the bargain of the remaining teams at 12:1. They have looked great.

World Cup Winner Odds | Brazil 2014 Betting | Oddschecker

Odds are based on what people want to bet; not what they are. Germany is 8-1 and France is 7-1. That makes not a whole lot of sense considering they'd play each other in a quarterfinal. But cos more people want to bet on them, odds maakers aren't gonna leave them low. Mexico is 40-1 and USA is 50-1. To me, that says a lot of Mexicans are gamblers more than we realize lol. Cos Mexico otherwise has no business having better odds when they play Netherlands right off the bat.

Forum List

Back