Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2015. Do you trust your government?

Do you trust your government

• No

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Once upon a time, we could. At least, I did. Now? Well, things have changed from Happy Days. So the question is....do you trust your government, Americans? You can love your country (or not), but that doesn't mean you trust/not trust who is "in charge".
Simple yes or no answer.

Governments can never be trusted regardless of which they are. There were never any 'good ol' days' for the US. That's a fiction perpetuated by tv shows resulting from massive censorship.

And for funzies...was there ever a time you DID trust your government? If so...when?
I have never trusted the government. But I do think our government is less corrupt than most.

Actually, (and not meant to offend), but truthfully, I think our present government (that being for the last 35-40 years) is one of, if not the most corrupt on earth. I seriously doubt that there is a politician in Washington DC who is NOT on the take 24-7

P
And for funzies...was there ever a time you DID trust your government? If so...when?
I have never trusted the government. But I do think our government is less corrupt than most.

Actually, (and not meant to offend), but truthfully, I think our present government (that being for the last 35-40 years) is one of, if not the most corrupt on earth. I seriously doubt that there is a politician in Washington DC who is NOT on the take 24-7
Pub ones, true. Just look at the revolving door of lobbyists and which party is fighting lobbyists and big money in politics. Duh.

Once upon a time, we could. At least, I did. Now? Well, things have changed from Happy Days. So the question is....do you trust your government, Americans? You can love your country (or not), but that doesn't mean you trust/not trust who is "in charge".
Simple yes or no answer.
No, I do not trust my government and it would be remiss of to do so - not because of what I may or may not think of the current or past administrations but because it is a gross negligence of responsibility on our part to do so.

Any representative form of government requires that the people sending those representatives into positions of power be ever vigilant to the corruption that can come with that power. The people's core responsibility in our government is watching it and correcting it when it is required. Trust has no business on that responsibility.

Sorry so many people think we should become haiti!

Name one
All the RWers who think corporations should not be regulated by the gov't...or believe in the Kochs' plans to CONTINUE screwing the workers and the environment. See sig.

So name one. Shouldn't be hard.
The Kochs, all the GOP candidates, Rush, Fox, and you, it appears.

Now provide us with a quote of one of them saying they want us to be like Haiti. Shouldn't be hard since you just listed about two dozen people.

The government is now populated with unionized employees who are unqualified, underworked and overpaid. They understand that this undeserved largesse can only be preserved by bribing politicians with campaign contributions. (This is the only purpose of unionization; protective civil service rules have been in place for many decades.)
come on down and "try" to carry a route in the PO j.....you will see how "underworked" those guys are....

I haven't been posting here that long, but I think this is the first thread that both of the politically minded sides are agreeing on.
No, I do not trust our government. Not the democrats and not the republicans.
Which is why I switched from Republican to Libertarian shortly after George Bush took office.
Both sides only look at the voter registration numbers, if there are enough registered on their side, then they assume what they are doing is ok.
its the non party voters that both sides have to fight to get the vote, why fight for what you already have.
Switch parties and let them see the numbers dropping, that will get their attention. You can still vote for the party you want at election, but its going to make them fight for what YOU want. not just assume you are ok with what THEY want.

Trust but verify, and of course, I only trust gov't when Dems are in control...how you chumps can vote for greedy idiot Pubs after they've been ruining the non rich for 30 years -see sig- and legacy W. BOOOSH and Cheney-Rummy etc allowed 9/11 through sheer greed and incompetence, then started the stupidest wars ever AND a corrupt world depression!

It just shows the power of the worst propaganda machine in our country's history- hypnotizes 25% with hate and flag waving BULLSHYTTE (you ignorant schmucks), makes 50% sick to death of politics. Great job, greedy rich idiot GOP. And yet, Dems and progress always win in the end. We need another 8 years of Dems though, the GOP is fantastic at mindless obstruction in their slavery to the a-hole side of the 1%.
I only trust gov't when Dems are in control
try asking questions once in a while frankie....thats what happened to me back in the 90's....left those basturds real quick.....Clinton was the last Dem i had anything to do with.......

Forum List

Back