Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2015. Do you trust your government?

Do you trust your government

• No

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I trust my government to screw the shit out of me at every turn.

I trust Firemen and EMT workers. I trust most but not all police officers.

Firemen work for the government.
Some EMT workers work for the government.
All police officers work for the government....
That's what makes it difficult to explain. I trust the IRS to screw me. I trust Congress and the President to SCREW ME. I trust the NSA to SCREW ME. I trust the ATF to SCREW ME. I trust the FDA to SCREW ME. I trust FEMA to soak me. I trust the VA to screw me over. I trust the FBI .. NOT. I trust the CIA... to pilot drones and kill Americans at the Presidents command. I trust this president's AG to arm my enemies.

Indeed. We kicked the living shit out of King George over a 1% tax. It's hard to imagine how gullible the American people have become since the founding of this country.

Land of the free..... :(
Land of the taxed to hell and back. Which would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that half the taxes are to do things TO US THAT WE FUCKING DON'T WANT TO BE DONE TO US.

Indeed. 95% of "things" that we are currently being taxed for were NEVER to be part of the Federal system. NEVERTHELESS. But, over the course of time, we have grown fat and lazy and worse, indifferent.

These assholes in Washington only get away with what we allow them to and, unfortunately, we have given them the damned keys to the car.

That's what makes it difficult to explain. I trust the IRS to screw me. I trust Congress and the President to SCREW ME. I trust the NSA to SCREW ME. I trust the ATF to SCREW ME. I trust the FDA to SCREW ME. I trust FEMA to soak me. I trust the VA to screw me over. I trust the FBI .. NOT. I trust the CIA... to pilot drones and kill Americans at the Presidents command. I trust this president's AG to arm my enemies.

Indeed. We kicked the living shit out of King George over a 1% tax. It's hard to imagine how gullible the American people have become since the founding of this country.

Land of the taxed to hell and back. Which would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that half the taxes are to do things TO US THAT WE FUCKING DON'T WANT TO BE DONE TO US.

Indeed. 95% of "things" that we are currently being taxed for were NEVER to be part of the Federal system. NEVERTHELESS. But, over the course of time, we have grown fat and lazy and worse, indifferent.

These assholes in Washington only get away with what we allow them to and, unfortunately, we have given them the damned keys to the car.
Half the country are pussies that like it this way.

Greece is the latest example of a fat and lazy people who grow accustomed to "being taken care of". America was never like this until the last 10 or 12 years. We have changed both as a people and a country - and it WILL be our downfall if something drastic doesn't happen to wake our worthless asses up.

What will it be? ISIS on our shores? Iran lobbing a ICBM toward New York and reducing it to rubble? I don't know. But SOMETHING has to wake these tired-assed people up. We had fallen into complacency directly before WWII and Pearl Harbor brought us to our senses. We briefly experienced it at 9/11 but then George Bush got us involved in a nonsensical war that has now lasted what? 13 years? and it will continue for the next 13 years because we no longer have the will to win wars. So, I don't know. I honestly do not know what it will take to get this country up and moving.

Greece is the latest example of a fat and lazy people who grow accustomed to "being taken care of". America was never like this until the last 10 or 12 years. We have changed both as a people and a country - and it WILL be our downfall if something drastic doesn't happen to wake our worthless asses up.

What will it be? ISIS on our shores? Iran lobbing a ICBM toward New York and reducing it to rubble? I don't know. But SOMETHING has to wake these tired-assed people up. We had fallen into complacency directly before WWII and Pearl Harbor brought us to our senses. We briefly experienced it at 9/11 but then George Bush got us involved in a nonsensical war that has now lasted what? 13 years? and it will continue for the next 13 years because we no longer have the will to win wars. So, I don't know. I honestly do not know what it will take to get this country up and moving.
I blame Bush. Hey, let's cut taxes to zero for half the country and let the other half of the country row for them. Then the guy starts a war in the ME of all places against roving gangs, like we can ever stop roving gangs from forming. Then we get this anti-american piece of shit as president WTF is wrong with democrats? Every single one of them a pansy?

I trust that you could keep an entire platoon of psychiatrists busy with your paranoia.

Once upon a time, we could. At least, I did. Now? Well, things have changed from Happy Days. So the question is....do you trust your government, Americans? You can love your country (or not), but that doesn't mean you trust/not trust who is "in charge".
Simple yes or no answer.

Since our government is elected by the people, the answer should be a resounding yes, but it is not. Funny that we do not trust the people we elect.

Once upon a time, we could. At least, I did. Now? Well, things have changed from Happy Days. So the question is....do you trust your government, Americans? You can love your country (or not), but that doesn't mean you trust/not trust who is "in charge".
Simple yes or no answer.

Since our government is elected by the people, the answer should be a resounding yes, but it is not. Funny that we do not trust the people we elect.

By and large we do trust the government. Again, most people assume their mail is delivered unopened by the government, most people assume that the water that the EPA says is safe to drink is safe to drink, that our money will be backed up by the FF&C of the government, and that nobody is going to come into your house tonight under the guise of an official capacity and confiscate your valuables. We harbor these trusts and hundreds more.

Where some people have a disconnect is that they do not see a value for their tax dollars. This is because unlike groceries and clothing where you pay X and get Y, you don't have anything to show for your taxes and fees at the end of the day. Freedom, stability, and clean water have alomst no resale value most of the time and, moreover, you don't get a choice of what you pay for. A lot of people don't like the level of spending on defense; yet they still pay for it. A lot of folks don't like the NEA; yet they pay for it.

I would ask these people who feel they are getting cheated what would make them trust the government but I doubt they would agree that they "feel" they are getting cheated and just go off on "why" they are getting cheated and of course start the name calling for the tamarity of suggesting they may be wrong.

I
Simple yes or no answer.
trusted them till 1973. Never since then. I have a lot less reason to be unhappy

so why are you still here?.....
My guess is that he's here for same reasons that you are, and everyone else is. By the way, that's a very dumb question. It's the same one that's been used a million times over the years. Try something new. Thanks.
has it been used on dont taze me yet?....so should i have asked...."when are you due to depart for foreign lands?".....is that new?.......
FYI - I have no reason to go anywhere.
ok....who said you did?....
Look, just because someone doesn't agree with our government, doesn't mean they should deport, leave the country, or not stay in their home country.
did he say he disagrees with it or is "disgusted" with it and its people?...sounds to me like he does not like it here.....i just suggested a solution...

This started in 1960 when the Presidency was bought by Joseph Kennedy for his son. Any chance of returning to a bond of trust between citizens and the government then evaporated with the assassinations and conduct of the Viet Nam War. Over the ensuing years, this has led to the corruption of our political system from principled debate to a debased quest for money and power.

The final nail in the coffin of trust was the unionization of public employees, which had absolutely no purpose other than to create a new source of special interest political contributions. As a result, the government is now largely comprised of people whose principal goal is to extract as much money as possible from the public to finance their lavish benefits.

Sorry so many people think we should become haiti!

Name one
All the RWers who think corporations should not be regulated by the gov't...or believe in the Kochs' plans to CONTINUE screwing the workers and the environment. See sig.

Yep,,,,

The the loserterians that believe we shouldn't have a regulated economy, regulated standards for food, water, air, etc. These people bitch at my threads when I talk about the need to pave our streets and fund our science institutions right. Pretty much the majority of the conservatives here believe that we should let it all fall apart.
If you are incapable of making a point about those who disagree with you without lying your ass off then it might actually be YOU that is the problem.

Nice try though. One day you will understand that a healthy distrust of the government has nothing to do with wanting the government to perform basic tasks or perform regulatory actions.

This started in 1960 when the Presidency was bought by Joseph Kennedy for his son. Any chance of returning to a bond of trust between citizens and the government then evaporated with the assassinations and conduct of the Viet Nam War. Over the ensuing years, this has led to the corruption of our political system from principled debate to a debased quest for money and power.

The final nail in the coffin of trust was the unionization of public employees, which had absolutely no purpose other than to create a new source of special interest political contributions. As a result, the government is now largely comprised of people whose principal goal is to extract as much money as possible from the public to finance their lavish benefits.
No it started with the civil war, then culminated with SS and the new deal. AKA ponzi scheme to steal our income to save us from ourselves.

Simple yes or no answer.

No.

The government might be elected by the people but they are not the people. Just because you elect them does not mean that you should trust them =. Instead, you should specifically NOT trust them and watch what they do. Monitor the government and ensure it works for you.

One of the core problems we have in government right now is that the electorate really does 'trust' their government. They may SAY differently but the general fact is that the vast majority of people have no idea what the government is doing or what the major issues that the nation faces politically and internationally. They obviously trust the government or they would bother to check up on what it does.

Simple yes or no answer.

No.

The government might be elected by the people but they are not the people. Just because you elect them does not mean that you should trust them =. Instead, you should specifically NOT trust them and watch what they do. Monitor the government and ensure it works for you.

One of the core problems we have in government right now is that the electorate really does 'trust' their government. They may SAY differently but the general fact is that the vast majority of people have no idea what the government is doing or what the major issues that the nation faces politically and internationally. They obviously trust the government or they would bother to check up on what it does.

all the truth. but we can't make people get involved. so that is why now this Fed. Government has become pretty tyrants. they just go and do whatever they want and especially the Dems. base is the worst to just go in lockstep with them. Now they believe they are our Masters. will it improve. who knows

Forum List

Back