2019 WHO Review Found "NO EVIDENCE" that Masks Stop Spread of Flu

Well, well, come to find out that a 2019 WHO review of studies on wearing masks and other measures found "no evidence" that masks prevented the flu from spreading.

A study on masks and COVID-19 recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that "wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection." The study concludes that masks only offer people protection from COVID-19 "when circumstances compel them to be within 6 feet of others for sustained periods."

So why are so many governors still requiring people to wear masks inside stores, churches, businesses, etc.? If your line of work requires you to be within 6 feet of others for "sustained periods," then, yes, wearing a mask is wise; otherwise, there is no need to wear a mask.

Where's your link from the WHO?
WHO says it in the video I posted........lol

I must have skipped yours like I mostly do because you never have anything of substance.
Oh............Ok............good for you........you want some deodorant to go with your desperation.

• Funny
Reactions: kaz
Senator Thom Tillis contracted C-19 while wearing a mask.

“Thom Tillis wore a mask at the event in the Rose Garden- he has tested positive,” journalist Heather Childers reported on Saturday. A photo also shows Tillis wearing a mask at the event. Despite that, he has since contracted the virus:

U.S. Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., left, and Democratic challenger Cal Cunningham greet each other prior to a televised debate at WNCN-TV in Raleigh, N.C., Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020. (AP Photo/Gerry Broome)
AP Photo/Gerry Broome

U.S. Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., left, and Democratic challenger Cal Cunningham greet each other prior to a televised debate at WNCN-TV in Raleigh, N.C., Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020. (AP Photo/Gerry
Everything that I've read that is remotely credible has said that wearing the mask doesn't stop you from getting it. It's one less hole for the virus to enter... So it helps, but it doesn't stop it completely. All the mask does is if you have Covid, it'll help you not spread it.

Lets go look at Sweden again... It's been about a month... How many deaths?

Looks about 40 for all of September... None so far this month. 7 in the last week. No masks... No social distancing.

Well, well, come to find out that a 2019 WHO review of studies on wearing masks and other measures found "no evidence" that masks prevented the flu from spreading.

A study on masks and COVID-19 recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that "wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection." The study concludes that masks only offer people protection from COVID-19 "when circumstances compel them to be within 6 feet of others for sustained periods."

So why are so many governors still requiring people to wear masks inside stores, churches, businesses, etc.? If your line of work requires you to be within 6 feet of others for "sustained periods," then, yes, wearing a mask is wise; otherwise, there is no need to wear a mask.
I hear doctors no longer wear masks when they operate on people. Why bother right? They don’t work right? Lol. Republicans are so stupid they’ll believe anything
LOL

Surgical masks are more protective than wrapping a sweaty mask around your face to OBEY.

People like you are now COOL WITH WATERBOARDING.........because you enjoy being miserable and want everyone to be miserable with you.
I don’t cover my mouth when I cough. Because covering my mouth isn’t as good as surgical masks. Get it?

If they make no difference why do doctors wear them?

Huh??? Can you read? Do you understand English? The NEJM article says that if you're in situations where you are within 6 feet people for prolonged periods of time, yes, you should wear a mask. The NEJM article also specifies that it is *not* referring to passing contact. Did you miss that? I discussed it in the OP.

And doctors don't always wear masks, by the way. They don't wear them when they're in their offices and around other doctors and nurses, etc., etc. They wear them during surgery and when they're dealing with some patients.

But if you're not in the medical field and/or if your job does not require you to be within 6 feet of people for extended periods of time, you do not need a mask.

If they make no difference why do doctors wear them?

Huh??? Can you read? Do you understand English? The NEJM article says that if you're in situations where you are within 6 feet people for prolonged periods of time, yes, you should wear a mask. The NEJM article also specifies that it is *not* referring to passing contact. Did you miss that? I discussed it in the OP.

And doctors don't always wear masks, by the way. They don't wear them when they're in their offices and around other doctors and nurses, etc., etc. They wear them during surgery and when they're dealing with some patients.

But if you're not in the medical field and/or if your job does not require you to be within 6 feet of people for extended periods of time, you do not need a mask.

I wish I had the number of times people post something in support of what I said and then act like they are countering what I said.

So why are so many governors still requiring people to wear masks inside stores, churche Jos, businesses, etc.? If your line of work requires you to be within 6 feet of others for "sustained periods," then, yes, wearing a mask is wise; otherwise, there is no need to wear a mask.

Of course not. It would have to be an N95 with an eye shield to be effective. That has been known right along.
Anything less allows infected breath to escape from inside and air born virus to penetrate from outside and may in fact actually make transmission worse. There is also the danger that viral cells caught up in a moist face mask may eventually cross genes with a bacteria-based organism creating a superbug a hundred times more virulent than the one we have now. Face masks are all about totalitarianism and control.

Jo

There is more known about the virus now. People around the world are wearing mazks, except for Trump. Look what happened to him.
Bandwagon and post hoc fallacies....Not an argument.

Forum List

Back