288,000 jobs in June

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011

Nice!

This might be enough to be a kick in the ass. 50/50.

Let's keep it going.

Last edited:
this is a good indication that the Mexicans have learned to say "do you want fries with that?"

Too little, too late. The next quarter's numbers will confirm we are in a recession.

I don't think the economy will dip below 0 this quarter. After the disaster of the first quarter thing will pick up with summer as we see with seasonal job creation. That is why just posting the number of jobs created is misleading. But I don't think Mac did it for that reason I just think his job makes him look for bright spots. But I look at what is happening to the country as someone drowning. They bob to the surface once in awhile and take a gulp of air then sink back down. They do that until they can't bob to the surface any more, that is what I see happening.

Too bad most of these 'McJobs' will disappear when the lawns don't need watering and mowing in the fall.

gotta wait for the inevitable adjustment which is always south.........

Speaking of adjustments... I can't post this enough. The percent change in jobs since 2007 from the EIA.

Keep in mind that these are the industries that the "science-believing" Liberals want to see dead and buried. These are the industries that Obama wants to tax to the tune of over $40 billion. They are denied export licenses, denied access to productive land, denied infrastructure...

employ.png

We're hoping for at least +3.0% second quarter, +2.8% absolute minimum. Anything less than that would be a disappointment.

Too little, too late. The next quarter's numbers will confirm we are in a recession.

"The economy has now gained 200,000 jobs a month for the past five months -- the first such stretch since September 1999-January 2000."

gotta wait for the inevitable adjustment which is always south.........

Except when they are revised upward which they are more often than they are revised downward.

"Also encouraging: Job gains for April and May were revised up by a total 29,000. April's increase was revised to 304,000 from 282,000 and May's to 224,000 from 217,000."

We're hoping for at least +3.0% second quarter, +2.8% absolute minimum. Anything less than that would be a disappointment.

Where is that going to come from? Household spending is down. Business investment is down. Gov' spending is flat/down. So how will you get over 3% growth?

Too bad most of these 'McJobs' will disappear when the lawns don't need watering and mowing in the fall.

"in June, businesses added 262,000 jobs, with professional and business services, retail and healthcare leading the broad-based gains. Federal, state and local governments added 26,000."

Nice!

This might be enough to be a kick in the ass. 50/50.

Let's keep it going.

Today marks a new record in job growth in America. With June's numbers showing growth in the private sector, that brings the streak of growth to 52 consecutive months ... the longest stretch of employment growth recorded in U.S. history.

Congratulations on a job well done, President Obama! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Where is that going to come from? Household spending is down. Business investment is down. Gov' spending is flat/down. So how will you get over 3% growth?

A little bit will/would be a rebound from the first quarter, but -- as uneven as the data is -- there has also been some good numbers. There's a general feeling in the industry (who knows if this is right) that the economy can only be held down for so long by an administration. I can see that, an economy is as much psychological as structural.

Anyway, that's the guess, we'll see.

Forum List

Back