$3.5T Not As Big As You Might Think

Wouldn't paying off the principal on the debt remove money from the economy?

Aren't there negative effects from doing that? I know banks screamed in 2000 when that was proposed

So, if I buy the goose, the proceeds from the golden eggs will more than pay for it?

You Nazis sure are smart, Leech.

Damn Bush for passing that anyhow, eh?
Yeah, it was part of a massive bill the democrats wrote that he would have had to veto if he wanted to cut that one tax. Bottom line is, though, when you tax something more, you get less of it. When you tax something less, you get more of it.

Yeah, it was part of a massive bill the democrats wrote that he would have had to veto if he wanted to cut that one tax. Bottom line is, though, when you tax something more, you get less of it. When you tax something less, you get more of it.

I remember when "conservatives" used to condemn alternative history.

What is being taxed is the artificial inflation of the markets. I'm all for less of that.

You confuse "incentives" for being a dead beat.

Putting a 10% tax on an American built boat is an incentive to buy a foreign boat. It worked!!!

John Kerry keeping his boat in another state.....does that make him a deadbeat?

Putting a 10% tax on an American built boat is an incentive to buy a foreign boat. It worked!!!

Absolutely. That was pretty sleazy of him.

It certainly did work, and cost the government more in unemployment claims than any revenue generated by the tax.

I find it interesting that liberals consistently complain that they want to pay more taxes, then turn around and do everything they can to pay as little as possible.

I find it interesting that liberals consistently complain that they want to pay more taxes, then turn around and do everything they can to pay as little as possible.

Governor Prickster ripped the toilets out of one of his mansions, while it was being remodeled, so he could pay less property tax in Chicago by claiming it was uninhabitable.

It certainly did work, and cost the government more in unemployment claims than any revenue generated by the tax.

I love how Gates and Buffett complain that the rich need to pay more in taxes and then take every deduction they can to pay the lowest tax rate and never put down on their tax form that they are sending any additional money in. If they really believed their BS they have ample opportunity to do what they preach. The other trick is the want to raise Earned Income taxes not passive income taxes, which is 90% or more of what the earn. Disingenuous at best.

I love how Gates and Buffett complain that the rich need to pay more in taxes and then take every deduction they can to pay the lowest tax rate and never put down on their tax form that they are sending any additional money in. If they really believed their BS they have ample opportunity to do what they preach. The other trick is the want to raise Earned Income taxes not passive income taxes, which is 90% or more of what the earn. Disingenuous at best.
Yup. The next time they talk about it, take note of exactly what taxes they're talking about raising, then check to see how the bulk of their income is declared. You will find that the increases they're arguing for will not impact them unduly.

'there seems to be a hell of a lot of tax breaks so rich folks can buy electric cars'.

Those are tax credits, people have to purchase or do something to get them, which most of them are, tax credits, not tax cuts, which you don't have to do anything.

Some democrats want to eliminate Trump's SALT tax limit, that's not in the bill.

'you really look at the bill its brings back all of the wasteful tax breaks for the rich'.

Like what?

I've read what has been reported.
No household bringing in $800,000 per year needs my tax dollars to buy a damn car...this entire bill is a gift to the wealthy...not to wealthy earners but wealthy people who no longer have to work....like Nancy' Pelosi's friends....

Where is the sense in supporting that?....especially when the nation is flat broke....

Do you know the real reason they hated Trump?...it wasn't his tweets they hated him because he stripped this kind of shit from the budget...and the rich and powerful got pissed....

No household bringing in $800,000 per year needs my tax dollars to buy a damn car...this entire bill is a gift to the wealthy...not to wealthy earners but wealthy people who no longer have to work....like Nancy' Pelosi's friends....

Where is the sense in supporting that?....especially when the nation is flat broke....

Do you know the real reason they hated Trump?...it wasn't his tweets they hated him because he stripped this kind of shit from the budget...and the rich and powerful got pissed....
No, one of many reasons they hated Trump because he used funds congress appropriated, then used that $$$, on his pet projects.

'No household bringing in $800,000 per year needs my tax dollars to buy a damn car'.
A car, I agree.
A couple or three for delivery or for employees? Maybe.

'Flat broke'?
Didn't hear ANY of that talk when a republican was in office.

Y'all had plenty of $$$ for the space force, tax cuts, farmer bailouts, moving the Bureau of Land Management to Colorado, Trump family Secret Service 'security' for his adult children, for 6 months after they left the white house and Trump's golf.

Trump didn't write the budget nor did he have much of anything to do with it. While I agree when you are $30 trillion in debt you don't give millionaire's tax breaks to buy cars, Trump didn't strip squat.

The next democrat president isnt ALSO going to spend trillions?
Or Republican.

That doesn't change the fact that we're talking about $350 B a year. Less actually because of savings in the bill.

Or Republican.

That doesn't change the fact that we're talking about $350 B a year. Less actually because of savings in the bill.
On top of the 28-30 trillion we already owe. We need to paydown debt, not create more. It destabilizes the economy, weakens the dollar and it leads to more debt.

Forum List

Back