🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

3 People (Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos & Warren Buffett) are richer than the poorest 50% of Americans

The OP claims Gates has benefited the world and there's not a shred of evidence to back up that claim.

The evidence is his wealth. People don't give money to someone else unless it benefits them in some way. Or at least I don't. Do you?
Who gives him money..Warren Buffet.
What's happens to the money?
It sits in an account and collects tax-free interest.
Warren Buffet is not a scumbag with his work force buts he's a liar when it comes to what Bill Gates does for charity.
So you're just going to ostrich on the fact that Gates acqured his money selling software? I guess you think he was just hanging out one day and Warren Buffet said, "Hey, here's a billion dollars, have fun!"

Did you get into daniel's stash?
Wow! Please do hold back on all that information you're hiding from the rest of us how Bill Gates has made a fortune owning pharmaceutical companies in Africa that experiment on humans rather than lab rats.
And don't forget that he invested in Gardisal and foisted it through legislation on our youth.
You fucking moron.

I'm not saying he hasn't done anything wrong. But he got rich selling software. Software that people wanted and paid for. Software that benefitted people.
He did it by stabbing people in the back and you approve...sad.

Is there a billionaire that any of the liberals here approve of? I feel like probably no. That's just too much money for one person to have

Ah...did you finish high school?

Well, you seem so sure that the rich pay so much more taxes than the rest of us, i just assumed that you knew how much the rich pay in taxes. Quite frankly, I feel quite sure that I pay more income tax than Trump, but I can't prove it, since he will not release them. He is on record, however, of carrying forward investment loss deductions for years, which effectively reduce taxes due to zero.

You asked how much Trump pays in "income" taxes, pea brain. Here have an eye roll :rolleyes:

How silly of me. We all know that Trump pays no income taxes. Besides, the GOP is proposing to eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, just to make sure that if all other tax avoidance options fail, he won't get caught with that Catch 22.

The AMT screws over many middle to upper class families idiot, something it was never intended to do. You know those families where both the husband and wife work a job like being a teacher or some government job and they have a bunch of kids.

I find this especially interesting. having been in the Middle income class my entire working career, I never once was subjected to the Alternative Minimum Tax, and I made a lot more than most teachers and government workers.

Your ignorance of the AMT is on full display. :itsok:

Well, you seem so sure that the rich pay so much more taxes than the rest of us, i just assumed that you knew how much the rich pay in taxes. Quite frankly, I feel quite sure that I pay more income tax than Trump, but I can't prove it, since he will not release them. He is on record, however, of carrying forward investment loss deductions for years, which effectively reduce taxes due to zero.

You asked how much Trump pays in "income" taxes, pea brain. Here have an eye roll :rolleyes:

How silly of me. We all know that Trump pays no income taxes. Besides, the GOP is proposing to eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, just to make sure that if all other tax avoidance options fail, he won't get caught with that Catch 22.

The AMT screws over many middle to upper class families idiot, something it was never intended to do. You know those families where both the husband and wife work a job like being a teacher or some government job and they have a bunch of kids.

I find this especially interesting. having been in the Middle income class my entire working career, I never once was subjected to the Alternative Minimum Tax, and I made a lot more than most teachers and government workers.

Your ignorance of the AMT is on full display. :itsok:

I guess so, Blue. In spite of my earning around $115,000 per year the last decade of my career, which i personally consider definately middle class, i never had any need to pay an Alternative Minimum Tax. That implies to me that:
1. you are very rich, and consider middle income people to be in a much higher earning bracket than I, in which case, you have your own axe to grind about ATM, or,
2.you are talking through your ass about something that you know nothing about, but heard it on Fox News,.

Since I am also a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), I suspect the latter.

Is there a billionaire that any of the liberals here approve of? I feel like probably no. That's just too much money for one person to have

Right. That's the implied claim of the thread.

I think that you are missing the point. The point is that Trump has convinced a whole lot of mobile home dwellers that the rich are really, really looking out for their best interests, and if only they didn't have to pay such high taxes, their job of tightening the lug nut on a Ford at the plant would never have been outsourced to Mexico. But, because of those terrible high taxes, those laid off people will just have to transition to a life of meth lab manufacturing work.

I think that you are missing the point. The point is that Trump has convinced a whole lot of mobile home dwellers that the rich are really, really looking out for their best interests, and if only they didn't have to pay such high taxes, their job of tightening the lug nut on a Ford at the plant would never have been outsourced to Mexico. But, because of those terrible high taxes, those laid off people will just have to transition to a life of meth lab manufacturing work.
Your personal experiences are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

You think if they don't get their tax cut, we will have to go through life without a computer?

What has Warren Buffet ever done for us?
Oh I get it, so you think their wealth is accumulated simply because they get tax cuts. It's not because of the billions of dollars people spend with their businesses. Do you know how much of buffet's wealth has gone to charity? How much of yours has?

Buffet is a good example of someone who makes billions off of the economy but contributes nothing to it

Our wealthiest citizens benefit from much more than a favorable tax rate. They benefit from corporate subsidies, government protection of their investments and a tax code that allows them to hide their earnings

buffet contributes nothing?
He doesn't produce anything
He is involved in speculative investments
He owns many major companies that employ hundreds of thousands of people. God damn you are such a typical liberal. I thought you were a little different but clearly not

Is he a typical liberal (not that that's a bad thing). You might want to try not stereotyping people that way. As I said, I have no issues with buffer and I'm hArdly a rightwingnut.

The evidence is his wealth. People don't give money to someone else unless it benefits them in some way. Or at least I don't. Do you?
Warren Buffet is not a scumbag with his work force buts he's a liar when it comes to what Bill Gates does for charity.
So you're just going to ostrich on the fact that Gates acqured his money selling software? I guess you think he was just hanging out one day and Warren Buffet said, "Hey, here's a billion dollars, have fun!"

Wow! Please do hold back on all that information you're hiding from the rest of us how Bill Gates has made a fortune owning pharmaceutical companies in Africa that experiment on humans rather than lab rats.
And don't forget that he invested in Gardisal and foisted it through legislation on our youth.
You fucking moron.

I'm not saying he hasn't done anything wrong. But he got rich selling software. Software that people wanted and paid for. Software that benefitted people.

But I don't. That's what's funny. You keep saying that, but it isn't true. I'm not interested in defending the reputation of Bill Gates. I'm calling into question the ignorant assumption that capitalists don't "contribute" anything to society.

[Q

Is he a typical liberal (not that that's a bad thing). You might want to try not stereotyping people that way. As I said, I have no issues with buffer and I'm hArdly a rightwingnut.
I think you have much deeper issues than "buffer" and being a nut. Semi-literacy may well be one of them.

You fucking moron.

But I don't. That's what's funny. You keep saying that, but it isn't true. I'm not interested in defending the reputation of Bill Gates. I'm calling into question the ignorant assumption that capitalists don't "contribute" anything to society.
Gates contributed nothing as everything he stole would have come to light anyway.

You might want to ask Rachel Maddow about that.

If you get your news from prime time TV, that explains a lot, Hadit.

I don't. I do, however, believe that Trump's tax return showed that he pays millions, instead of the none the haters claim.

I am sure that you are going to post a link to Trump's tax return, right after you finish your lunch.....

Why would I do that since Maddow already did a show on it?

You might want to ask Rachel Maddow about that.

If you get your news from prime time TV, that explains a lot, Hadit.

I don't. I do, however, believe that Trump's tax return showed that he pays millions, instead of the none the haters claim.

I am sure that you are going to post a link to Trump's tax return, right after you finish your lunch.....

Why would I do that since Maddow already did a show on it?

Translation: I have no link to Trump's tax returns. Therefore, I will do what Trump did, which was simply to ignore the issue.

Of course, in his case, Trump's reasoning was, "Nobody cares about my tax returns." But, feel free to send me an invitation if you want to talk about Maddow. Not having had cable TV for 7 years, I would not bother to read the thread, but an invitation would be a nice gesture.

Forum List

Back