🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

3 People (Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos & Warren Buffett) are richer than the poorest 50% of Americans

Idk about bezos but the other 2 probably GIVE BACK more than 50% of what the rest of the entire country does. So what exactly is the point here?
The point is...

Why do we continue to help them accumulate wealth?
All 3 of them accumulate wealth because we spend our money with them. Do you think you can get through life without a computer? Because if you don't spend your money with Microsoft you're just going to help some other CEO accumulate wealth. I don't get the liberal mindset that at some certain point someone has made too much money. What do you want gates to do, close up the company and stop producing stuff anymore? I guess all the jobs he gives to people right now are expendable as long as it means 1 guy isn't getting too rich right?
You think if they don't get their tax cut, we will have to go through life without a computer?

What has Warren Buffet ever done for us?
Oh I get it, so you think their wealth is accumulated simply because they get tax cuts. It's not because of the billions of dollars people spend with their businesses. Do you know how much of buffet's wealth has gone to charity? How much of yours has?

Buffet is a good example of someone who makes billions off of the economy but contributes nothing to it

Our wealthiest citizens benefit from much more than a favorable tax rate. They benefit from corporate subsidies, government protection of their investments and a tax code that allows them to hide their earnings

You're conflating two issues here. There's definitely a lot of corrupt collusion between government and wealthy interests, and that needs to be corrected. But it sounds like you don't understand the service that speculative trade provides to an economy. It sounds like you're suggesting that anyone who makes money from investment isn't really 'earning' it, that they 'contribute' nothing.

And the bottom half of America live like kings and queens compared with 99.9% of people throughout history.....capitolism is working.

wealth disparity is greater now than at any time in my lifetime.

but nice delusion you hate there.

It is probably not a good idea to make a hero out of a woman who spent her final years with Alzheimer's. Now that I think about it, so did Reagan, so, at least there is some consistency on the Right.

Wow, who knew? Just when I thought Progressives could stoop no lower, another one comes along and proves me wrong.

We have studied the RW playbook:

Hillary Clinton: White House Dream Is Over
(brain cancer, blood clots, alcohol abuse, MS, strokes)

you shouldn't say that. they are compulsive liars.... they weaponize disinformation....

we don't stoop to that.

and the loons defend pedophiles

Idk about bezos but the other 2 probably GIVE BACK more than 50% of what the rest of the entire country does. So what exactly is the point here?
The point is...

All 3 of them accumulate wealth because we spend our money with them. Do you think you can get through life without a computer? Because if you don't spend your money with Microsoft you're just going to help some other CEO accumulate wealth. I don't get the liberal mindset that at some certain point someone has made too much money. What do you want gates to do, close up the company and stop producing stuff anymore? I guess all the jobs he gives to people right now are expendable as long as it means 1 guy isn't getting too rich right?
You think if they don't get their tax cut, we will have to go through life without a computer?

Oh I get it, so you think their wealth is accumulated simply because they get tax cuts. It's not because of the billions of dollars people spend with their businesses. Do you know how much of buffet's wealth has gone to charity? How much of yours has?

Buffet is a good example of someone who makes billions off of the economy but contributes nothing to it

Our wealthiest citizens benefit from much more than a favorable tax rate. They benefit from corporate subsidies, government protection of their investments and a tax code that allows them to hide their earnings

buffet contributes nothing?

The point is...

He doesn't produce anything
He is involved in speculative investments

we don't exist in a manufacturing society. everything around us is based on a service economy.

I don't have a problem with buffet.

How much does Trump pay in income taxes?

Ah...did you finish high school?

Well, you seem so sure that the rich pay so much more taxes than the rest of us, i just assumed that you knew how much the rich pay in taxes. Quite frankly, I feel quite sure that I pay more income tax than Trump, but I can't prove it, since he will not release them. He is on record, however, of carrying forward investment loss deductions for years, which effectively reduce taxes due to zero.

You asked how much Trump pays in "income" taxes, pea brain. Here have an eye roll :rolleyes:

How silly of me. We all know that Trump pays no income taxes. Besides, the GOP is proposing to eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, just to make sure that if all other tax avoidance options fail, he won't get caught with that Catch 22.

The AMT screws over many middle to upper class families idiot, something it was never intended to do. You know those families where both the husband and wife work a job like being a teacher or some government job and they have a bunch of kids.

I find this especially interesting. having been in the Middle income class my entire working career, I never once was subjected to the Alternative Minimum Tax, and I made a lot more than most teachers and government workers.

Well, you seem so sure that the rich pay so much more taxes than the rest of us, i just assumed that you knew how much the rich pay in taxes. Quite frankly, I feel quite sure that I pay more income tax than Trump, but I can't prove it, since he will not release them. He is on record, however, of carrying forward investment loss deductions for years, which effectively reduce taxes due to zero.

You asked how much Trump pays in "income" taxes, pea brain. Here have an eye roll :rolleyes:

How silly of me. We all know that Trump pays no income taxes. Besides, the GOP is proposing to eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, just to make sure that if all other tax avoidance options fail, he won't get caught with that Catch 22.

You might want to ask Rachel Maddow about that.

If you get your news from prime time TV, that explains a lot, Hadit.

I don't. I do, however, believe that Trump's tax return showed that he pays millions, instead of the none the haters claim.

I am sure that you are going to post a link to Trump's tax return, right after you finish your lunch.....

The point is...

WE do not.

Buy their product or do not. If you do not want them to get your money simply do not buy what they sell

The point is...

WE do not.

Buy their product or do not. If you do not want them to get your money simply do not buy what they sell
We sure do

We expect them to contribute less and less

The top three corporations on the Fortune 500 list recorded a combined profit of over $100 billion last year.

Now you know why they’re not creating jobs.

They have no money and need a tax cut.

The top three corporations on the Fortune 500 list recorded a combined profit of over $100 billion last year.

Now you know why they’re not creating jobs.

They have no money and need a tax cut.
Watch your mouth

If we are not nice to them, they will leave us

The OP claims Gates has benefited the world and there's not a shred of evidence to back up that claim.

The evidence is his wealth. People don't give money to someone else unless it benefits them in some way. Or at least I don't. Do you?
Who gives him money..Warren Buffet.
What's happens to the money?
It sits in an account and collects tax-free interest.
Warren Buffet is not a scumbag with his work force buts he's a liar when it comes to what Bill Gates does for charity.
So you're just going to ostrich on the fact that Gates acqured his money selling software? I guess you think he was just hanging out one day and Warren Buffet said, "Hey, here's a billion dollars, have fun!"

Did you get into daniel's stash?
I presume you don't actually know anybody who owns Foundations.
I do...plenty of them...Foundations are a scam.
Start a Foundation and state that you have invested $500,000,000.00.
In fact, you invest $50,000.00 in that Foundation and the balance in a personal High Yield Savings or Checking Account.
As long as you don't touch your personal account, you don't pay taxes on the earned Interest.
And that's what these high powered scumbags do while they're claiming what benefactors they are.

The OP claims Gates has benefited the world and there's not a shred of evidence to back up that claim.

The evidence is his wealth. People don't give money to someone else unless it benefits them in some way. Or at least I don't. Do you?
Warren Buffet is not a scumbag with his work force buts he's a liar when it comes to what Bill Gates does for charity.
So you're just going to ostrich on the fact that Gates acqured his money selling software? I guess you think he was just hanging out one day and Warren Buffet said, "Hey, here's a billion dollars, have fun!"

Wow! Please do hold back on all that information you're hiding from the rest of us how Bill Gates has made a fortune owning pharmaceutical companies in Africa that experiment on humans rather than lab rats.
And don't forget that he invested in Gardisal and foisted it through legislation on our youth.
You fucking moron.

So you agree with Bill's statements in every interview that the future of America lies with India and the African Continent?
Why won't you answer this simple question?

A majority of American students graduating in fields needed by Microsoft feel entitled. They want to start off with salaries far exceeding the value to the company and feel entitled to benefits and fewer working hours. If you were in Bill Gates position, you would do exactly the same. If you would not, you would never have been in his position.
Gates lies and you cheer.
I don't lie...I'm not a sociopath or a neo-Con.

Wow! Please do hold back on all that information you're hiding from the rest of us how Bill Gates has made a fortune owning pharmaceutical companies in Africa that experiment on humans rather than lab rats.
And don't forget that he invested in Gardisal and foisted it through legislation on our youth.
You fucking moron.

I'm not saying he hasn't done anything wrong. But he got rich selling software. Software that people wanted and paid for. Software that benefitted people.

He owns many major companies that employ hundreds of thousands of people. God damn you are such a typical liberal. I thought you were a little different but clearly not

Forum List

Back