3 Teens Killed As A Result Of Prank Gone Wrong

That is a tragedy. The homeowner should have called police instead of taking matters into his own hands and actually chasing these teens down. I am sure that he is going to have a lot of guilt over his knee jerk reaction because he was aggravated. :( Very sad situation, so sorry for their families and friends.

..the kids are to blame, not the homeowner ...no prank--no deaths ..I'd vote not guilty

Wow! Really? According to you then, ringing the doorbell of the wrong house Is punishable by death. That is some messed up thinking dude.

Coming from an anti-2nd amendment poster too. I guess as long as you kill people with anything but a gun, it's okay for some. :dunno:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...rnia-murder-teens-crash-ding-dong-ditch-prank

Simply a tragic tragic story.....basically 6 California teens were having a sleepover -- and they dared one of the teens to either jump in the pool or go play a long time childhood prank known as ding dong ditch...so they hop in a 2002 Honda Prius and go out looking for the right house to prank...unfortunately they picked the wrong house...

"Once there, one of the boys got out of the car, rang the doorbell, and ran back to the Prius, authorities said. Anurag Chandra, a 42-year-old Corona resident and owner of the house, then allegedly got into his 2019 Infinity Q50 and began chasing the teens’ car, the DA’s office said. ..the man allegedly ran his vehicle into theirs, forcing it off the road in Temescal Valley, about 60 miles southeast of Los Angeles -- The teens' Prius then collided with a tree, killing three 16-year-old boys: Drake Ruiz, Daniel Hawkins, and Jacob Ivascu."

Now most of us played pranks as kids -- this may have included the ding dong prank, wrapping toilet paper around homes, egging cars, etc -- and most of the times, adults would handle it by giving the kids a stern talking and then going and telling the parents of those kids...what this guy did was absolutely over the top -- these boys didn't damage your property, they didn't try to break in your house -- but you hop in your car and take actions that resulted in these boys losing their life? Luckily this guy was arrested, charged with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder -- and he faces the death penalty when convicted....
Stupidity all the way around. The guy did commit murder though. Hope he thinks it was worth it

..the kids are to blame, not the homeowner ...no prank--no deaths ..I'd vote not guilty
At the end of the day, how bad is ringing a person's door bell and then taking off? How the homeowner responded only kept the "game" going and now look at what has happened. Don't be surprised if the homeowner is labeled more of a perpetrator compared to the kids in the eyes of the authorities when the homeowner is without a doubt guilty of more than what the kids are guilty of. If the kids had to pay, why not the homeowner as well in some way when they are now guilty of worse?

God bless you and the families of the victims always!!!

Holly

P.S. My only other question is does the homeowner have any remorse for the role that they decided to play?
..actions have reactions and consequences ...how would you like it if one of your family members were scrared from some '''prank''?

ok, now I get your logic. Pranks are fine unless somebody gets scared, and if the prankster actually scares somebody, then the prankster should be killed.

At the end of the day, how bad is ringing a person's door bell and then taking off? How the homeowner responded only kept the "game" going and now look at what has happened. Don't be surprised if the homeowner is labeled more of a perpetrator compared to the kids in the eyes of the authorities when the homeowner is without a doubt guilty of more than what the kids are guilty of. If the kids had to pay, why not the homeowner as well in some way when they are now guilty of worse?

God bless you and the families of the victims always!!!

Holly

P.S. My only other question is does the homeowner have any remorse for the role that they decided to play?
..actions have reactions and consequences ...how would you like it if one of your family members were scrared from some '''prank''?
Having your doorbell rung is scary?

Now most of us played pranks as kids -- this may have included the ding dong prank, wrapping toilet paper around homes, egging cars, etc -- and most of the times, adults would handle it by giving the kids a stern talking and then going and telling the parents of those kids...what this guy did was absolutely over the top -- these boys didn't damage your property, they didn't try to break in your house -- but you hop in your car and take actions that resulted in these boys losing their life? Luckily this guy was arrested, charged with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder -- and he faces the death penalty when convicted....

California doesn't use the death penalty anymore

Some friends and I did the ding-and-ditch prank once as teens. The guy came after us firing a gun. :cuckoo:
Psychotic RWNJs will do that sometimes.
98% chance he'd vote Demonrat
Indian

sub-buzz-140-1579813619-2.jpg

Of course, some creep has to come into the thread to sow partisan divisions on a thread that has nothing to do with politics. Booooo! :eusa_hand:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...rnia-murder-teens-crash-ding-dong-ditch-prank

Simply a tragic tragic story.....basically 6 California teens were having a sleepover -- and they dared one of the teens to either jump in the pool or go play a long time childhood prank known as ding dong ditch...so they hop in a 2002 Honda Prius and go out looking for the right house to prank...unfortunately they picked the wrong house...

"Once there, one of the boys got out of the car, rang the doorbell, and ran back to the Prius, authorities said. Anurag Chandra, a 42-year-old Corona resident and owner of the house, then allegedly got into his 2019 Infinity Q50 and began chasing the teens’ car, the DA’s office said. ..the man allegedly ran his vehicle into theirs, forcing it off the road in Temescal Valley, about 60 miles southeast of Los Angeles -- The teens' Prius then collided with a tree, killing three 16-year-old boys: Drake Ruiz, Daniel Hawkins, and Jacob Ivascu."

For some ten years my home was a target of daily, school day kids' pranks.
Fostered by benign neglect & passive approval of their parents.
Yes I talked to the families.
Lucky for me I am not a gun owner!

A PRANK IS BETWEEN FRIENDS.

A quality lost on this current situation and mine!

Yes I called police and requested coverage any school day
at a time kids attack. Over years they were always "too busy"

I bet this was not the first incident for the accused killer
as kid's victim.

Moi

no_canada.jpg

Some friends and I did the ding-and-ditch prank once as teens. The guy came after us firing a gun. :cuckoo:
Psychotic RWNJs will do that sometimes.
98% chance he'd vote Demonrat

sub-buzz-140-1579813619-2.jpg
You saved a picture of the made up guy who chased billy and his friends with a gun years ago?

Wow

Psychotic RWNJs will do that sometimes
That's his mug shot. Can't handle it when you discover the killer isnt a "RWNJ"

I think the homeowner should just do a plea deal for Manslaughter due to temporary Insanity.....

Because his actions going after the pranksters was INSANE.........

Shouldn't have happened..........and perhaps why kids shouldn't do the pranks.........but I think we all did this to a degree as kids........
he had every right to go after them
then why is he sitting in jail??

Can you tell me what legal statute gave him :"the right" Mr. Johnnie Cochran??

California doesn't use the death penalty anymore
Convict him on federal hate crime statutes -- or domestic terror.....he is a immigrant you know...

I believe we can make it stick if we really try...

Using your vehicle as a weapon, then leaving the seen of the accident .. the home resident is probably screwed but this happened in lawless California .. so ?

If the home resident is an illegal alien.. it's likely a free ride..

For some ten years my home was a target of daily, school day kids' pranks.
Fostered by benign neglect & passive approval of their parents.
Yes I talked to the families.
Lucky for me I am not a gun owner!

A PRANK IS BETWEEN FRIENDS.

A quality lost on this current situation and mine!

Yes I called police and requested coverage any school day
at a time kids attack. Over years they were always "too busy"

I bet this was not the first incident for the accused killer
as kid's victim.

Moi

While that is sad, it is not an excuse for getting into your car, chasing them down, running them off the road and killing them.

Can't we please leave the partisan politics out of this? It has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a man who possibly felt that he was being bullied, getting enraged, overreacting and having the unfortunate consequences of killing three children. Nobody wins in this scenario.

Forum List

Back