300,000 are retiring each month - and leaving the workforce

Starnesville Nation.

Auditor

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAgRBq2jnz4]Original: Penn & Teller You Need To Shut The Fuck Up ! (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Republicans prefer to throw the retiring Baby Boomers off a cliff - unless of course they vote Republican.

When they think of what it will take to support them, they join the tea party, and listen to FOX NEWS

And they would rather urge Darrell Issa to invent those phony scandals, than face the problems that Bush and the Republicans left us.....

Thank god Obama has doubled our 401K and IRA ....

:)

It's not our responsibility to take care of a whole generation of people who can work but choose not to.

Everyone should be buying long term care insurance.... self reliance and asset protection. Its a shocker when a situation happens and you get to spend down your assets for gubbamint assistance.

Not only should they be buying long term care insurance, but they should be buying it when they're young and it's a lot cheaper.

That and maxing out your 401Ks and IRAs throughout your working years will virtually guarantee a comfortable retirement.

Everyone should be buying long term care insurance.... self reliance and asset protection. Its a shocker when a situation happens and you get to spend down your assets for gubbamint assistance.

Not only should they be buying long term care insurance, but they should be buying it when they're young and it's a lot cheaper.

That and maxing out your 401Ks and IRAs throughout your working years will virtually guarantee a comfortable retirement.

On $7.25 an hour?

How elastic is Paul Ryan's dollar?

Republicans prefer to throw the retiring Baby Boomers off a cliff - unless of course they vote Republican.

When they think of what it will take to support them, they join the tea party, and listen to FOX NEWS

And they would rather urge Darrell Issa to invent those phony scandals, than face the problems that Bush and the Republicans left us.....

Thank god Obama has doubled our 401K and IRA ....

It's not our responsibility to take care of a whole generation of people who can work but choose not to.
Precisely.

I'm a baby boomer. I know lots of baby boomers. Maybe 10% are retiring. Some are just continuing on, others are going into other enterprises.

If you're working you're planning for the next day :thup:

I'm a baby boomer. I know lots of baby boomers. Maybe 10% are retiring. Some are just continuing on, others are going into other enterprises.

I'm not I'm the next one. My mom, etc is. For the most part ;) boomers are our smartest most successful driving the workforce generation.

It's bittersweet to see them coming into their 60's because they are taking their work ethic and foundation with them and I'm scared for the next one of "gimme". I hope enough of us got their example to carry on and keep laying it down.

I see a lot of $700 car payments and no tomorrow planning. That scares me for this generation of workforce and foundation.

And that's my truth.

Here is my baby boomer deal. I worked many, many hours of overtime over the years. My friends thought I was crazy the hours we work. I paid for my house, paid for my daughters education and now have a little bit of a nest egg. I have figured out that I can retire an make my base pay with a reasonable return on investment. I figure I don't need my base pay. I save money by not working and don't need to save money any more. I have figured out that with what I am spending now and with a 3 percent inflation rate without SS, and a reasonable return on investment, I can last 15 years without even approaching the break even point. So I should still be able to help the kids, save some money and travel. Not real fancy but reasonably.

Plus I can also go back to work where I work today part time, or full time for another company contracting. So I am thinking I am in a pretty good position, I just wonder why I stressed.

I think the baby boomers are the most stressed of all the generations. We have our parents to worry about, our children to worry about, and lastly ourselves.

By age 60, I will be dead, senile, or in a wheelchair.

Then you wont remember wanting to kill yourself at 60.

I plan on living a long time. I have children to raise and grandchildren to spoil and great grandchildren to make laugh

Forum List

Back