33 people sent to the hospital after ammonia leak at a Sterling, Virginia food processing plant.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021

At least 33 people were sent to the hospital Wednesday night after being exposed to a chemical leak of ammonia inside a Sterling, Virginia, food processing plant.

Loudoun County Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Laura Rinehart confirmed with WTOP that officials were called to the Cuisine Solutions facility on Sous Vide Lane around 8:30 p.m. on reports of a gas leak.

As of Thursday morning, 33 people were taken to area hospitals, five of which are in serious condition and 17 are in serious but non-life-threatening condition.

Officials originally announced Wednesday night that 26 people were sent to the hospital. At least four of the people exposed to the chemical were “experiencing significant symptoms,” the rescue agency said in a post on X.

I'll tell you straight-up that ammonia leaks are no joke.....I worked at an ice plant and when there was a leak you had to "suit-up" to fix it.

From what I understand it was a new building.

1000009203_jpg-3282102.JPG

In Virginia. I bet someone was trying to steal some anhydrous ammonia refrigerant for their meth lab.:ack-1:

In Virginia. I bet someone was trying to steal some anhydrous ammonia refrigerant for their meth lab.:ack-1:
I suspect it's mostly hispanics working there as that's all that lives in Sterling now.....They are not really known for making meth.....Now if the place was in WV it would be plausible.

Someone on another forum said it was a black owned business.....Of course that does not mean anything as that is more common now as black "owners" get all kinds of breaks and incentives.

Forum List

Back