34 shot, 5 fatally, so far in Chicago during Memorial Day weekend

i just remember the early 60s . I shattered my left knee . I went to hospital , leg cast was put on and i laid in a bed for a week or so and ate and watched tv . About the same time my Mother had my youngest Sister . After delivery she stayed in bed for a week to rest up . Reason was that she had 4 kids at home so the rest would do her good . INSURANCE , i don't know . Dad paid out of pocket in both cases or had some kind of insurance . [i was about 11 years old]

It's still much cheaper if you're paying cash; they know if you're paying cash they aren't going to get away with charging you $3,000 for aspirins and crappy jello and fruit bowls and the like. My one two day emergency room visit in my entire life dropped from around $22,000 to $3,300, including the $800 ambulance charge, when it came time to check out and I told them how I was paying and wanted to go over all those itemized charges. lol

New number 8 dead at least 45 shot.....what the fuck is the matter with Negroes????

So that is one murder for every 54K people. My city is smaller than 54K people and we had a murder, so I guess we win!!!!

And......of those doing the shooting, you will find felon after felon who should have been in prison at the time of the shooting, given light or reduced sentences even for repeat violent crimes, including illegal gun crimes....because the democrat judges, politicians and prosecutors who run Chicago don't want to upset the SJWs in Chicago...

This has to be fake news. Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the nation. How can there possibly be any gun crime?

Maybe this dumbass Democrat Negro Ho they just elected as Mayor can fix everything.

New number 8 dead at least 45 shot.....what the fuck is the matter with Negroes????

They hate themselves. Since Nixon gave the Black Caucus literally everything the asked for, including control over schools, and the 'War On Drugs' Rangel and the rest of them screamed for and then later claimed 'Whitey Did It!!!' when it worked like it was supposed to and locked up a whole lot of hood rat scum and the crime rates dropped, they have repeatedly done far worse at managing themselves, and that has angered them no end, so they kill each other in stupid dope addled rages and serial killings. They know they're their own worst enemy, and many of those white racist talking points are valid. They don't even want to live around each other, an flee for the Burbs whenever they can swing the bucks. There is no black middle class in the hoods, just temporarily rich gangsters.and dumbass rappers.

By Sunday evening of Memorial Day weekend, Chicago police had responded to the shootings of 34 people, five of whom died of their injuries, officials said.

The grim tally grew as a shooting Sunday about 6 a.m. in the 1300 block of West Hastings Street left two dead and three injured. The shooting was possibly in retaliation for an earlier one in the same University Village neighborhood where large crowds had gathered, and which also left a man dead, investigators said.

(snip)

Guglielmi said detectives are questioning four people of interest in connection with the shooting of five people on Hastings, in the ABLA Homes public housing community.

“Multiple weapons have been recovered and detectives believe our offender opened fire on a group of people with a TEC-9 semi-automatic machine pistol. Two victims suffered fatal injuries and two others are being treated at an area hospital,” he said in a statement.

(Excerpt) Read more at chicagotribune.com ..

Just some late term abortions amongst the BLMers!

Xd227ji.png

The police are too busy to talk about anything other than Smallett.

This thread is yet another example of how the Regressive Left enables the worst behaviors of its pet constituent oppressed victim groups by minimizing, deflecting, ignoring.

There is no way they don't realize what they are creating, so this enabling must be simply for the most cynical type of reason -- political advantage.

No. It's irresponsible gun owners not securing their weapons.
------------------------------ whats irresponsible , a gun owner has his guns in HIS house or car and thieves or criminals break in and take the GUN's as well as the jewelry , the TV and in some cases the lady of the house's panties . Thieves and criminals take or steal whatever they see and want '1Percenter .

Quit making excuses. Irresponsible gun ownership is when you leave a gun where anyone can take it.

i just remember the early 60s . I shattered my left knee . I went to hospital , leg cast was put on and i laid in a bed for a week or so and ate and watched tv . About the same time my Mother had my youngest Sister . After delivery she stayed in bed for a week to rest up . Reason was that she had 4 kids at home so the rest would do her good . INSURANCE , i don't know . Dad paid out of pocket in both cases or had some kind of insurance . [i was about 11 years old]

It's still much cheaper if you're paying cash; they know if you're paying cash they aren't going to get away with charging you $3,000 for aspirins and crappy jello and fruit bowls and the like. My one two day emergency room visit in my entire life dropped from around $22,000 to $3,300, including the $800 ambulance charge, when it came time to check out and I told them how I was paying and wanted to go over all those itemized charges. lol

That's because the charge master in that particular hospital had a lower rate. If medicare or Medicaid would have paid, the charge would have been half of your payment.

That's because the charge master in that particular hospital had a lower rate. If medicare or Medicaid would have paid, the charge would have been half of your payment.
------------------------------ silliness but cost was negligible and affordable . My DAD could afford it as a blue collar Dad with 5 kids and a Wife to feed and support . And the hospital and Doctors were better than today where i am told that patients get 'nurse practitioners' rather than Doctors '1per .

I didn't qualify for either of those programs, too young and too much net worth. I didn't find some of the doctors' charges unreasonable, nor some of the tests, either, though there is a tremendous amount of cramming so I expect both of those programs also thin out some of the more ludicrous charges they probably still let a few through.

The HMO Act in the 1970's changed it all and jacked up the costs while reducing the quality. now it's all about plundering Medicare with numerous scams and screw the patient care and morals; get those Lamborghinis in the driveway your first year out of medical school or you're a loser now.

------------------------------ silliness but cost was negligible and affordable . My DAD could afford it as a blue collar Dad with 5 kids and a Wife to feed and support . And the hospital and Doctors were better than today where i am told that patients get 'nurse practitioners' rather than Doctors '1per .

This is what happens when you deregulate the HMO Act. Thank You Raygun!

The HMO Act in the 1970's changed it all and jacked up the costs while reducing the quality. now it's all about plundering Medicare with numerous scams and screw the patient care and morals; get those Lamborghinis in the driveway your first year out of medical school or you're a loser now.

BULLSHIT. The HMO Act kept healthcare prices low by competing with traditional healthcare coverage. When Raygun repealed the HMO Act, prices started to rise until we have what we have today.

Forum List

Back