4-year-old grabs loaded gun at family BBQ and accidentally kills wife of Tenn. Deputy

What's a few accidental gun deaths as compared to the possible loss of a constitutionally guaranteed right?

then we should all stop driving cars....right?

Jeff Gordon is not allowed to drive his NASCAR racing car around town.

But he is still able to own it, and use it.

Regulate, not ban.

NEXT!!!

4-year-old grabs loaded gun at family BBQ and accidentally kills wife of Tennessee sheriff’s deputy

NASHVILLE — Authorities say a 4-year-old boy grabbed a loaded gun at a family cookout and accidentally shot and killed the wife of a Tennessee sheriff’s deputy.

Investigators say Wilson County Deputy Daniel Fanning on Saturday was showing his weapons to a relative in a bedroom of his Lebanon home when the toddler came in and picked up a gun off the bed. Sheriff Robert Bryan says the weapon discharged, hitting 48-year-old Josephine Fanning.

She was pronounced dead at the scene. The child is not related to her or her husband.

Bryan says the shooting was a terrible accident and that within seconds of Fanning placing the gun on the bed, the toddler picked it up.

The gun was not Fanning’s service weapon and the sheriff says the deputy’s weapons are normally stored in a safe.

Disarms all Law Enforcement officers.

What's a few accidental gun deaths as compared to the possible loss of a constitutionally guaranteed right?

You are correct. I am not a fucking baby sitter of grown up. I'll take care of what is my own I suggest you do the same fucking thing.

4-year-old grabs loaded gun at family BBQ and accidentally kills wife of Tennessee sheriff’s deputy

NASHVILLE — Authorities say a 4-year-old boy grabbed a loaded gun at a family cookout and accidentally shot and killed the wife of a Tennessee sheriff’s deputy.

Investigators say Wilson County Deputy Daniel Fanning on Saturday was showing his weapons to a relative in a bedroom of his Lebanon home when the toddler came in and picked up a gun off the bed. Sheriff Robert Bryan says the weapon discharged, hitting 48-year-old Josephine Fanning.

She was pronounced dead at the scene. The child is not related to her or her husband.

Bryan says the shooting was a terrible accident and that within seconds of Fanning placing the gun on the bed, the toddler picked it up.

The gun was not Fanning’s service weapon and the sheriff says the deputy’s weapons are normally stored in a safe.

A cop lets a kid get hold of a gun, and that proves what, exactly? We should take guns away from cops?

Yes we should.

Accidents happen ALL the time. How many killed in car accidents a year again? By drowning? Or falling? Less then 1000 a year are killed by accidental gun discharges. Usually much less.

If you are appalled by less then a 1000 killed you must be furious with cars they kill around 40000 a year.

Drowning mortality in the United States, ... [J Community Health. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Drowning is the 5th leading cause of accidental deaths in the Country. I don't see any threads on here demanding pools be shut down or lakes blocked off.

FASTSTATS - Accidents or Unintentional Injuries

26000 falling deaths a year.

33000 accidental poisonings.

I guess we need more laws on how where and who can have poisonous chemicals?

Less than a 1000 due to accidental firearms discharges.

Here we go again. A child gets his hands on a carelessly handled weapon. "It's just an accident!".

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call it for what it is. Negligent homocide on the part of the person that left the gun where a child could get his hands on it.

The way I was raised, there was no loaded guns in the house unless there was a known danger. And no guns were left where children could get at them. At no time, under no circumstances. Guns were unloaded, actions open, and ammo put safely up immediatly. A gun is a dangerous tool, designed for only one thing, to kill. And that tool cares not whether the killing is intentional or not.

then we should all stop driving cars....right?

Regulate, not ban.

NEXT!!!

That is because it does not have any lights.

No, that is because the engine is designed to last only long enough to win a race. Ever drive a car with a very hopped up engine? Totally a pain in town. Or any place you cannot run it full bore.

Yes. Regulate. Make it illegal to have one of the war weapons outside your home unless you have passed the requirements for owning a fully automatic weapon. Make it a law you store your weapon carelessly, it is take and used for a crime, you own that crime.And make it a felony offense to sell such a weapon to someone without said license.

A cop lets a kid get hold of a gun, and that proves what, exactly? We should take guns away from cops?

Yes we should.

Your dreams of holding them off when they come with a warrant to confiscate all the photos and videos on your computer are pure fantasy, Rambo.

Best to erase it all now.

Regulate, not ban.

NEXT!!!

No, that is because the engine is designed to last only long enough to win a race. Ever drive a car with a very hopped up engine? Totally a pain in town. Or any place you cannot run it full bore.

Yes. Regulate. Make it illegal to have one of the war weapons outside your home unless you have passed the requirements for owning a fully automatic weapon. Make it a law you store your weapon carelessly, it is take and used for a crime, you own that crime.And make it a felony offense to sell such a weapon to someone without said license.

Driving a stick is an absolute pain in the city, doesn't make it illegal.

By the way, what the fuck is a war weapon? Knife? Swords? Bows and arrows? Rocks? BEcause wars have been fought with everyone of those.

By the way, did you know beat cops think that more permissible concealed carry makes them safer? Is there a particular reason you prefer to make a cops job more dangerous?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/287824-gun-control-poll-of-real-cops.html

Regulate, not ban.

NEXT!!!

:lol:

That's not the reason. Or the main one, anyway.

Street legal cars are required to have safety equipment, which includes lights, and meet emission standards. NASCAR will score lower on emissions than most California cars, so that won't be a major problem in getting them on the street, they have seat belts, so the only major problem is the lights. Unless you can come up with something I don't know about that is the main reason.

:lol:

That's not the reason. Or the main one, anyway.

Street legal cars are required to have safety equipment, which includes lights, and meet emission standards. NASCAR will score lower on emissions than most California cars, so that won't be a major problem in getting them on the street, they have seat belts, so the only major problem is the lights. Unless you can come up with something I don't know about that is the main reason.

Really? Wanna talk about the European cars like Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maserati's and all the other really high horsepower vehicles? They have lights, turn signals, seatbelts, and all the other crap you mentioned. Lots of them have to be brought down to U.S. standards (i.e. exhaust emission standards, horsepower, etc.), because U.S. roads aren't engineered for those kind of speeds.

There are lots of times where things are regulated.

What we do know is there are a lot of stupid people in the country, like the person who left a loaded gun laying around, and the OP who posted this dumb thread..

I'm curious, do you think the person who left the gun lying on the bed should be charged with manslaughter?

Yes we should.

Your dreams of holding them off when they come with a warrant to confiscate all the photos and videos on your computer are pure fantasy, Rambo.

Best to erase it all now.

Idiot a law enforcement officers weapon was used to killed an innocent person at the hands of a 4 years old. And you think I'm concerned about cops coming to my home?

Well to be honest I had a cookout just the other day, burgers, bbq chicken, cold beer but they forgot the warrant, next time we get together I'll ask them about the warrant.

Has it crossed anyone's mind that the 4 year old is the scapegoat and the guy shot his own wife knowing it would be hard to get the whole story out of said 4 year old? Maybe the kid was in there, but he didn't pull the trigger. Perhaps we all need to know more about this before assuming the kid did it because if this guy is law enforcement and showing off his collection, why was it loaded??? Were there others in the room who saw the kid pick it up and then it went off and they SAW it themselves in the kids hands? Or is it just this guys story?

Has it crossed anyone's mind that the 4 year old is the scapegoat and the guy shot his own wife knowing it would be hard to get the whole story out of said 4 year old? Maybe the kid was in there, but he didn't pull the trigger. Perhaps we all need to know more about this before assuming the kid did it because if this guy is law enforcement and showing off his collection, why was it loaded??? Were there others in the room who saw the kid pick it up and then it went off and they SAW it themselves in the kids hands? Or is it just this guys story?

Yanno................ballistics, and seeing where the bullets went could clear that up quite nicely.

An average person shooting would have the gun at about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet.

A 4 year old is significantly shorter than that.

An adult shooting someone? It would be from a downward angle (remember, men are taller than women, generally), or, it would be at the level.

If a 4 year old shot it, it would have to come up at quite a significant angle.

Check and see if you can get the police reports.

Forum List

Back