4-year-old grabs loaded gun at family BBQ and accidentally kills wife of Tenn. Deputy

Ethanol is illegal? Since when? Why does the federal government require it to be mixed with gasoline if it is illegal?

Just admit you are wrong and drop it.

Is Danica Patrick allowed to drive her Indy car on the streets of America?

Yes or no?

Let me see, Indy cars lack the required safety features, so the answer is no. Notice how I managed to answer that without mentioning horsepower or fuel? I will also point out that, if she added the required lights to her car it would be perfectly legal to drive it on the street.

A common sense regulation, wouldn't you agree?

Is Danica Patrick allowed to drive her Indy car on the streets of America?

Yes or no?

Let me see, Indy cars lack the required safety features, so the answer is no. Notice how I managed to answer that without mentioning horsepower or fuel? I will also point out that, if she added the required lights to her car it would be perfectly legal to drive it on the street.

I would say that common sense has nothing to do with it.

Yes, because ballistics is magic.

Actually, ballistics is science and math.

Ballistics is only science and math when it is used it is used to study projectiles in flight. Once it gets into telling me which gun fired which bullet, and trying to tell me who was holding the gun when it was fired, it dissolves into bullshit and illusion.

Please don't force me to shove the truth down your throat, do a search of the posts where I have already discussed the fraud that sends people to prison all the time in the name of science.

However.....................when you see where the projectile landed, as well as the angle it came in at, you can determine what the height is it was fired from.

Ever heard of Pythagoris?

4-year-old grabs loaded gun at family BBQ and accidentally kills wife of Tennessee sheriff’s deputy

NASHVILLE — Authorities say a 4-year-old boy grabbed a loaded gun at a family cookout and accidentally shot and killed the wife of a Tennessee sheriff’s deputy.

Investigators say Wilson County Deputy Daniel Fanning on Saturday was showing his weapons to a relative in a bedroom of his Lebanon home when the toddler came in and picked up a gun off the bed. Sheriff Robert Bryan says the weapon discharged, hitting 48-year-old Josephine Fanning.

She was pronounced dead at the scene. The child is not related to her or her husband.

Bryan says the shooting was a terrible accident and that within seconds of Fanning placing the gun on the bed, the toddler picked it up.

The gun was not Fanning’s service weapon and the sheriff says the deputy’s weapons are normally stored in a safe.

A 4 year old is not a "toddler".

Actually, ballistics is science and math.

Ballistics is only science and math when it is used it is used to study projectiles in flight. Once it gets into telling me which gun fired which bullet, and trying to tell me who was holding the gun when it was fired, it dissolves into bullshit and illusion.

Please don't force me to shove the truth down your throat, do a search of the posts where I have already discussed the fraud that sends people to prison all the time in the name of science.
However.....................when you see where the projectile landed, as well as the angle it came in at, you can determine what the height is it was fired from.
As bullets move in a parabolic arc, rather than a straight line, you cannot figure out any such thing with just the information you present here.

4-year-old grabs loaded gun at family BBQ and accidentally kills wife of Tennessee sheriff’s deputy

NASHVILLE — Authorities say a 4-year-old boy grabbed a loaded gun at a family cookout and accidentally shot and killed the wife of a Tennessee sheriff’s deputy.

Investigators say Wilson County Deputy Daniel Fanning on Saturday was showing his weapons to a relative in a bedroom of his Lebanon home when the toddler came in and picked up a gun off the bed. Sheriff Robert Bryan says the weapon discharged, hitting 48-year-old Josephine Fanning.

She was pronounced dead at the scene. The child is not related to her or her husband.

Bryan says the shooting was a terrible accident and that within seconds of Fanning placing the gun on the bed, the toddler picked it up.

The gun was not Fanning’s service weapon and the sheriff says the deputy’s weapons are normally stored in a safe.

A 4 year old is not a "toddler".
I can only assume that the writer is not a parent because a 4 year old is a pre K student . The only one at fault here is the parents of the owner of the gun who did not lock up the gun properly around children. I like how people blame an OBJECT and not the people behind that OBJECT

I can only assume that the writer is not a parent because a 4 year old is a pre K student . The only one at fault here is the parents of the owner of the gun who did not lock up the gun properly around children. I like how people blame an OBJECT and not the people behind that OBJECT

The person behind the object is a cop. Since the anti-liberty side claims that ONLY cops should have guns, this undermines their basic premise.

I would say that common sense has nothing to do with it.
Why?

I think it is more likely the cop shot his wife and blamed it on the kid. The chance that the 4 year old could fire a fatal shot by accident is remote..... possible but extremely unlikely.

The kid may have been a participant in the firing of the pistol but the aim was probably by someone else. A 4 year old would be so freaked out if someone died in his presence that his recollection and testimony would be worthless.

I think it is more likely the cop shot his wife and blamed it on the kid. The chance that the 4 year old could fire a fatal shot by accident is remote..... possible but extremely unlikely.

The kid may have been a participant in the firing of the pistol but the aim was probably by someone else. A 4 year old would be so freaked out if someone died in his presence that his recollection and testimony would be worthless.

what about the relative witness?

Accidents happen ALL the time. How many killed in car accidents a year again? By drowning? Or falling? Less then 1000 a year are killed by accidental gun discharges. Usually much less.

If you are appalled by less then a 1000 killed you must be furious with cars they kill around 40000 a year.

Drowning mortality in the United States, ... [J Community Health. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Drowning is the 5th leading cause of accidental deaths in the Country. I don't see any threads on here demanding pools be shut down or lakes blocked off.

FASTSTATS - Accidents or Unintentional Injuries

26000 falling deaths a year.

33000 accidental poisonings.

I guess we need more laws on how where and who can have poisonous chemicals?

Less than a 1000 due to accidental firearms discharges.

Cars aren't designed to kill. Slight difference to guns.

Lanza only had to reload 4 times, with his 30 round magazine. If he had been limited to a 10 round clip, he would have had to reload 14 times!

What if the gun jammed on clip 7? Or he drops it?

How many children may have gotten away?

Laughner was only stopped in Tucson because he was reloading.

Lanza actually reloaded a lot more than he had to.
He shot 152 bullets.

But thanks for completely missing the point.

So then, since it is obvious that none of the regulations being discussed would have prevented this accident, lets look at Lanz. Sure, he shot allot of bullets, but considering it took the cops 5 minutes to get there, how would any aspects of the bans and background check stopped Lanza from killing those kids ?

Accidents happen ALL the time. How many killed in car accidents a year again? By drowning? Or falling? Less then 1000 a year are killed by accidental gun discharges. Usually much less.

If you are appalled by less then a 1000 killed you must be furious with cars they kill around 40000 a year.

Drowning mortality in the United States, ... [J Community Health. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Drowning is the 5th leading cause of accidental deaths in the Country. I don't see any threads on here demanding pools be shut down or lakes blocked off.

If guns are designed to kill they do a really bad job of it. I know people that have had guns for years, and those guns have failed kill anyone or anything during any of that time. In other words, they have failed utterly to do what they are designed to do. Can they get a refund, or are you just stupid?

so the deaths are different and not as important?

seriously?

If guns are designed to kill they do a really bad job of it. I know people that have had guns for years, and those guns have failed kill anyone or anything during any of that time. In other words, they have failed utterly to do what they are designed to do. Can they get a refund, or are you just stupid?

So guns aren't designed to kill? Interesting. What else are they good for? Putting holes in defenseless paper targets?

so the deaths are different and not as important?

seriously?

Seriously? Did I say that?

Forum List

Back