400 million guns

I only used Scalia for emphasis.
That's OK - no one else can demonstrate the AR15 is not a "bearable arm" either.
I agree that DC's blanket ban on guns was excessively restrictive and inconsistent with traditions that predate the Constitution, but the reasoning behind Heller was frankly weak, and deliberately so. They were setting up to make 2nd Amendment rights an individual liberty in the same way that free speech and a free press are, and that's just not at all accurate historically or from a legal standpoint.
You cannot demonstrate this to be true.

Or maybe mass protests in front of the SCOTUS building until corrupt fuckers like Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas resign. Roberts should probably feel the heat, too, since he countenances this shit.
so you want to intimidate SCOTUS to rule in a way you want???

you do know thats illegal and the very definition of terrorism and possibly insurrection??

Or maybe it's like reading the words "A WELL REGULATED militia" and then bristling at any attempt at regulation.
all that means is whats needed,,
the next section says why we need it and the last half is how we achieve it,,,

couldnt call up a militia with substandard arms,, might as well call it target practice,,

Mindless, unconstitutional nonsense.

Well Washington just banned new AR-15 sales, so it's game on, which brings me to another reason why the gun rights crowd gets gun right wrong. To allow people to own military grade arms, which they claim is an enshrined right under 2A, is to ignore the police powers that states have and in a sense states' 'rights' to maintain order in their own jurisdictions. The 2nd Amendment can't be just read in isolation of everything else in the Constitution.

Well Washington just banned new AR-15 sales. so its game on
Next on the Bruen chopping block: Magazine and 'assault weapons' bans.
...which brings me to another reason why the gun rights crowd gets gun right wrong. To allow people to own military grade arms, which they claim is an enshrined right under 2A, is to ignore the police powers that states have...
The police power of the states does not allow the states to violate rights protected by the US constitution.

The enshrinement of constitutional rights -- necessarily and intentionally -- takes certain policy choices off the table.

so you want to intimidate SCOTUS to rule in a way you want???

No, I want a SCOTUS that isn't blatantly corrupt the way that we now know this one to be. Fuck it, get rid of all of them and start with 5 new justices selected by a bipartisan committee (as bipartisan as we can get these days).

you do know thats illegal and the very definition of terrorism and possibly insurrection??

No it's called the right to peaceably assemble under the 1st Amendment. I didn't say threaten violence or burn anything down; I meant protest the clear corruption that exists on this court and demand that they resign. If they can't stand the fact that their names are on TV at night and places in history would be dragged through the mud, tough fucking shit.

Next on the Bruen chopping block: Magazine and 'assault weapons' bans.

The police power of the states does not allow the states to violate rights protected by the US constitution.

The enshrinement of constitutional rights -- necessarily and intentionally -- takes certain policy choices off the table.

Again, that's what your Federalist judges say; that's not what the Constitution says. There's no constitutional basis behind your arguments, only for now the power to impose them on others. That can, and I think eventually will, change in the other direction.

No, I want a SCOTUS that isn't blatantly corrupt the way that we now know this one to be. Fuck it, get rid of all of them and start with 5 new justices selected by a bipartisan committee (as bipartisan as we can get these days).

No it's called the right to peaceably assemble under the 1st Amendment. I didn't say threaten violence or burn anything down; I meant protest the clear corruption that exists on this court and demand that they resign. If they can't stand the fact that their names are on TV at night and places in history would be dragged through the mud, tough fucking shit.
yeah I want all the radical lefties out of SCOTUS too,,,

what you want is a democracy,,,

sorry if you want that its best you move to some place thats already a democracy, cause it aint gonna happen here unless you plan on killing a lot of people,,

Again, that's what your Federalist judges say; that's not what the Constitution says. There's no constitutional basis behind your arguments, only for now the power to impose them on others. That can, and I think eventually will, change in the other direction.
have you ever been right about something in your life??
around here youre batting a zero,,

yeah I want all the radical lefties out of SCOTUS too,,,

what you want is a democracy,,,

I thought we had one.

sorry if you want that its best you move to some place thats already a democracy, cause it aint gonna happen here unless you plan on killing a lot of people,,

lol, well at least you're transparent. I'll give you that.

all that means is whats needed,,
the next section says why we need it and the last half is how we achieve it,,,

couldnt call up a militia with substandard arms,, might as well call it target practice,,
And we no longer do

Well Washington just banned new AR-15 sales, so it's game on, which brings me to another reason why the gun rights crowd gets gun right wrong. To allow people to own military grade arms, which they claim is an enshrined right under 2A, is to ignore the police powers that states have and in a sense states' 'rights' to maintain order in their own jurisdictions. The 2nd Amendment can't be just read in isolation of everything else in the Constitution.
coME GET THEM COCKSUCKER.

Forum List

Back