400 million guns

You’re telling me that democrats don’t own guns??

And it’s not a stupid question, it’s an exactly relevant and legitimate question. You want to reduce the number of guns, you all can do that tomorrow, so why don’t you?

Since they believe that merely owning guns makes you commit murder, you would think they would be the first to turn in their guns......

And it’s not a stupid question, it’s an exactly relevant and legitimate question. You want to reduce the number of guns, you all can do that tomorrow, so why don’t you?
Wouldn’t it be nice if only republicans owned guns huh.

I don’t want my guns taken. Nor do I want to turn them in.

What I want is for new sales of assault weapons to be banned and to ensure that ALL gun sales are done so with appropriate regulations. What I want is for people with mental issues to not get access to guns.

Sorry if that messes with your narrative.

How did your logic tree end up with that interpretation of what I wrote? I'm sure some Dems/Progs do, but many do not.

I propose absolutely that in the form of uniform legislation or policy. I guess that's the part you don't like, but...I don't care.

People need cars to get to their jobs, buy groceries, etc. Ya, convenience. Surely, you're pretending to be dumb as a box of hair.
Why do you need a closetful of guns, but I don`t need any? If an unknown vehicle comes up your driveway, will you shoot the driver? If a kid`s ball rolls into your yard, do you shoot the 6-year-old and her father? This is what you assholes have done to this country.
No they don't. People lived for hundreds of years without cars. As late as WWII many people depended on horses or shank's mare for transportation in the country and shank's mare in the cities. Today millions in large, concentrated cities don't own cars. Less than a third of New York households own even a single car and the average car ownership is zero. That stat confuses me, but that's what DataUSA.com says.

What I want is for new sales of assault weapons to be banned and to ensure that ALL gun sales are done so with appropriate regulations. What I want is for people with mental issues to not get access to guns.

That sounds fine and dandy, but it will never happen.

I mean technically, I can purchase an artillery cannon and an M-1 tank, but I'm gonna need some permits and extensive background checks, and not just the kind where your name gets typed into a database.
You don't need a background check to own a tank, but the main gun has to be de-militarized. That's usually done by damaging the breech mechanism so it doesn't work. The machine guns need to be non-operational reproductions.

No they don't. People lived for hundreds of years without cars. As late as WWII many people depended on horses or shank's mare for transportation in the country and shank's mare in the cities. Today millions in large, concentrated cities don't own cars. Less than a third of New York households own even a single car and the average car ownership is zero. That stat confuses me, but that's what DataUSA.com says.
Lead by example. Turn in your car and your guns.
People lived for THOUSANDS of years without guns.
I am on the volunteer list to seize the guns when the time comes.

I mean technically, I can purchase an artillery cannon and an M-1 tank, but I'm gonna need some permits and extensive background checks, and not just the kind where your name gets typed into a database.
So, an infringement, right?

Sales of new assault weapons are already banned. it's illegal to purchase or possess one that was manufactured after 1987.

You don't need a background check to own a tank, but the main gun has to be de-militarized. That's usually done by damaging the breech mechanism so it doesn't work. The machine guns need to be non-operational reproductions.

So there you have it: government restrictions on arms.

Agreed, that right is infringed.

It's not a right. You have a right to own some types of arms, but not all types. I think even Scalia in Heller said that there are some arms that are too dangerous for people at large to own (I'm loosely paraphrasing based on something I've not read in a while).

Forum List

Back