41% of Baltimore high schoolers have a GPA below 1.0

If they then get into trouble out in the larger world and their parents do not do a good job educating them, or looking after them, either hold the parents accountable, or execute the child.
I don't like that sanhedrin downtown or the general attitude of punishing people over their heads and subjecting them to abusive conservatorships and guardianships.

I don't like that sanhedrin downtown or the general attitude of punishing people over their heads and subjecting them to abusive conservatorships and guardianships.
I was obviously being snarky in my reply . . .

But, there is a general decay of social attitudes and care towards parenting. Folks have become more selfish. They want children, as tools to reinforce their own egos, not because they have benevolent motives toward the institution of the family IMO.

When you go into the idea of having a family, with an idea that it is going to enhance your life as a individual, rather than the knowledge and wisdom, and absolutely KNOWING that it is going to be a personal sacrifice?

Of course there are going to be bad outcomes for society. A lot of these parents seem to think it should be society being the ones to sacrifice to straighten these individuals out, and not them. . . and that is why we have the type of kids we have today. . .

But, there is a general decay of social attitudes and care towards parenting. Folks have become more selfish. They want children, as tools to reinforce their own egos, not because they have benevolent motives toward the institution of the family IMO.
And yet we have to suffer the punishment of the letter of the law of all your snark for the rest of our existence on earth, as long as you damn liberals are in control. All in good sport, said in jest by the privileged, but the disenfranchised have to suffer.

the institution of the family IMO.
You're talking about a crime family with a mob boss, having your victims institutionalized, and turning their own families against them by lies, threats, slander, extortion and blackmailing.

Of course there are going to be bad outcomes for society. A lot of these parents seem to think it should be society being the ones to sacrifice to straighten these individuals out, and not them. . . and that is why we have the type of kids we have today. . .
There's a mafia hit man, honor killings, there's a lady and the men are murdering boys who dare go on a date in high school.

So your opinion is to pass judgement on every family in America?

Thee school have existed for decades. Why would they not be used in the future? The lowering of standards has occurred in one state of which I am aware
The narrative was that such 'privileged' schools and classes are considered discriminative toward some minorities. Because these minorities are underrepresented in these schools.

What is this state? And what was the cause of this lowering?

A common problem amongst incompetent teachers.
Children need to be inspired to learn. Unions prevent the mediocre educators from being replaced.
Inspire children to learn can sound good in theory, but is hardly achieved on practice.

I had many inspirational teachers. Obviously, you did not (no offense intended).
Well, maybe. I even vaguely imagine how an inspirational teacher shood look like. Somewhere in the middle school a pupil gets to realise that education is a hard work in the first place, and there are plenty of inspirational things around, such as hanging out with friends or computer games.

Children don't think much about the future or think about it in pink colours. Not all of them, to put it mildly, can equate good education with good future.

Well, one group has reason to be happy. Baltimore schools are the perfect breeding ground for brainless BLM zombies.

And what will the alternative be for them? Street gangs, drug cartels etc
That's the real world we all have to cope with guns are banned educated or not. Obey the drug lords and pimps in your neighborhood do what you are told and you won't get in trouble with law.

I had many students who simply refused to learn. They rarely attended class and when they did it was to sell drugs. Others came to hang out with their baby momma to be.
Thanks for giving us your actual experience. I'm sure IM2, MarcATL and the other Black victimologists will be along to make excuses and point fingers at White people.

The situation has me asking where are the parents? Additionally, it made me wonder about the competence of Baltimore Public Schools administration. Came across these stories from August 4th:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back