41% of Baltimore high schoolers have a GPA below 1.0

Democratic Party requires stupid uneducated people to survive.

Exhibit 33,428 on how Democrats run Publik Edjewkation

41% of Baltimore high schoolers have a GPA below 1.0​

Cultural deficiencies among dark people...theres no other reasonable explanation. By and large they simply haven’t advanced, they haven’t become ambitious and driven to do/be better...success really doesn’t interest them much, they‘re stuck a few centuries back. Why are ALL predominantly dark communities, cities, states and nations disgusting, dangerous, chaotic shitholes?
Democrats love them for all the aforementioned reasons, they are easy prey for the Party Of Filth.

So, what is your solution to this problem?

Give them passing grades even though they learned nothing?

Throw them out of school? Yeah, that will show them.

I had many students who simply refused to learn. They rarely attended class and when they did it was to sell drugs. Others came to hang out with their baby momma to be.

Again, what is YOUR solution?
It's a complex problem that requires multiple solutions. The breakdown of inner city society is the biggest problem in places like Baltimore and until we decide to fix that, I'm not sure the schools can be expected to improve that much. However, I do think one way to improve public schooling is to stop making it compulsory.
How do ”we” turn a sows ear into a silk purse?

I had many students who simply refused to learn. They rarely attended class and when they did it was to sell drugs. Others came to hang out with their baby momma to be.

It's a complex problem that requires multiple solutions. The breakdown of inner city society is the biggest problem in places like Baltimore and until we decide to fix that, I'm not sure the schools can be expected to improve that much. However, I do think one way to improve public schooling is to stop making it compulsory.

Right! You want to unleash hordes of drug dealers and criminals out on the streets at an early age.

What if your child decided that they wanted to drop out of first grade, would that be OK with you?

Many school districts did allow students to drop out as young as 16 with parent permission, but have now raised that to 18 because the drop-out rate was abysmal.
But then again, what is the solution for this situation? It is hardly an educational system has any use if it leaves almost a half of the students illiterate.

Right! You want to unleash hordes of drug dealers and criminals out on the streets at an early age.

What if your child decided that they wanted to drop out of first grade, would that be OK with you?

Many school districts did allow students to drop out as young as 16 with parent permission, but have now raised that to 18 because the drop-out rate was abysmal.
But then again, what is the solution for this situation? It is hardly an educational system has any use if it leaves almost a half of the students illiterate.

That is the problem you have with your local schools.

That would be real tough love. Not going to happen.

Okay, but nevertheless the question still remains. The kids aren't interested in education and basically don't get it. Who is 'guilty' of that? Teachers, parents, society as a whole? And what first steps should be to improve this situation?

So, were basically talking about blacks, here

And that's different than now, how?
Who said it was the child's decision?
The vast majority of parents out there are going to make sure their kids are going to school. The ones who don't are the ones whose kids are already causing most of the problems today and are likely going to grow up to be total losers no matter what you do. They are the ones bringing in the drugs and the violence and causing the distractions that are dragging down the other kids. While the idea of every child deserving an education is a noble goal it has always been a fool's errand. Get rid of the compulsory aspect of government education and then you can take out the trash a lot easier. The trouble makers will be gone through their own accord and then the school administration can get rid of the rest a lot easier. The way we are handling things now is clearly not working.

And that's different than now, how?
Who said it was the child's decision?
The vast majority of parents out there are going to make sure their kids are going to school. The ones who don't are the ones whose kids are already causing most of the problems today and are likely going to grow up to be total losers no matter what you do. They are the ones bringing in the drugs and the violence and causing the distractions that are dragging down the other kids. While the idea of every child deserving an education is a noble goal it has always been a fool's errand. Get rid of the compulsory aspect of government education and then you can take out the trash a lot easier. The trouble makers will be gone through their own accord and then the school administration can get rid of the rest a lot easier. The way we are handling things now is clearly not working.
Do you really think the only students at risk of dropping out are "bad" kids? The attitude illustrated above is short-sighted, emotive, reactionary, irresponsible and ultimately ignorant.

Based on the abysmal education they are receiving I would say no problem. Better a home schooled kid with brains and critical thinking skills than a indoctrinated clown.

Based on the abysmal education they are receiving I would say no problem. Better a home schooled kid with brains and critical thinking skills than a indoctrinated clown.
In a society where two parents have to work full day to support the family and the share of single-parent families is high, home schooling becomes an impossible thing.

Okay, but nevertheless the question still remains. The kids aren't interested in education and basically don't get it. Who is 'guilty' of that? Teachers, parents, society as a whole? And what first steps should be to improve this situation?
It isn't the teachers. My personal opinion it is society as a whole.

When they were nominating the court for homecoming king and queen for my high school in the early 2000s, they broadcast it for everyone to see on our CCTV. Being a very large school, there were about 40 couples nominated. They introduced the young ladies, followed by her parents names, and then followed the same way for the young men. Of the 40 couple, I would estimate that 35 or so both had two sets of parents for each student.

It would be like "Couple #3, Jane Doe, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Will Smith, and Mr. and Mrs. Dill Doe. Jack Horner, son of Ms. Sugar Brown and Mr. and Mrs. Meso Horner."

Divorce and single parents are ruining our children.

You realize your reply has nothing to do with what I posted. If you are not going to address the points I raised, please don't quote me.

You realize your reply has nothing to do with what I posted. If you are not going to address the points I raised, please don't quote me.

If you don't see how my post ANSWERS yours. Then you have no business teaching anyone, anything.

41% of Baltimore high schoolers have a GPA below 1.0​

There is the problem. At lease one more generation of poverty, gangs, and government handouts.

If you don't see how my post ANSWERS yours. Then you have no business teaching anyone, anything.
Did I mention homeschooling? Of course not! How is your post relative to mine if I never mentioned what you said in your response?

With the democrat party drumming home the theme that blacks are just too stupid to procur an i.d., why would any black person bite the hand that feeds them by actually getting an education?

Did I mention homeschooling? Of course not! How is your post relative to mine if I never mentioned what you said in your response?

Like I said, if you can't understand the answer I gave, then you have no business teaching anything, to anyone.

Forum List

Back