Rustic

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2015
The progressive spineless "read my lips" one term loser has completely lost his mind, blaming others for his cowardly behavior...

POLITICO Playbook, presented by Chevron – JON MEACHAM on Bush 41: No ‘empty deck of cards,’ he dictated real-time notes into mini-cassette recorder; Barbara kept voluminous diary back to ’48 – WP: ‘Jeb Bush’s comeback tour sounds like a therapy session’

Read more: POLITICO Playbook, presented by Chevron – JON MEACHAM on Bush 41: No ‘empty deck of cards,’ he dictated real-time notes into mini-cassette recorder; Barbara kept voluminous diary back to ’48 – WP: ‘Jeb Bush’s comeback tour sounds like a therapy session’

Somebody is trying to sell a book about him. That's all.

• Banned
41 was an incredibly rotten president... "Read my lips" defines everything about him and his stupid one term...

41 might have been a good President if he had a GOP Congress. Instead he was a patsy for the Democrats, and lost reelection because of that. Ironically, the best way to elect a Republican Congress is to put the Dems in charge of everything (1992 and 2008).

The progressive spineless "read my lips" one term loser has completely lost his mind, blaming others for his cowardly behavior...

POLITICO Playbook, presented by Chevron – JON MEACHAM on Bush 41: No ‘empty deck of cards,’ he dictated real-time notes into mini-cassette recorder; Barbara kept voluminous diary back to ’48 – WP: ‘Jeb Bush’s comeback tour sounds like a therapy session’

Read more: POLITICO Playbook, presented by Chevron – JON MEACHAM on Bush 41: No ‘empty deck of cards,’ he dictated real-time notes into mini-cassette recorder; Barbara kept voluminous diary back to ’48 – WP: ‘Jeb Bush’s comeback tour sounds like a therapy session’
41 is the only RESPECTABLE & HUMBLE president we've had in my adult life

• Banned
41 was an incredibly rotten president... "Read my lips" defines everything about him and his stupid one term...
Well he had to deal with the Reagan aftermath. What did you expect?
Not to raise taxes like he said, the coward should have known raising taxes helps no one.
His Legacy is sealed with "read my lips, no new taxes"...

• Banned

Anyway, going back on his word should never be forgiven...

I don't like it when somebody goes back on his word either. Still, it seems to me that if we dismissed every single president as a total failure because he made a campaign promise that he didn't keep then there would be very very few presidents to admire.

This is really about his scolding Rumsfeld and Cheney, isn't it?

I don't like it when somebody goes back on his word either. Still, it seems to me that if we dismissed every single president as a total failure because he made a campaign promise that he didn't keep then there would be very very few presidents to admire.
Sometimes reality trumps everything else. I don't know if that's the case here or not because I didn't follow politics back then. Having said that I admire the man for his service to our nation & will not be a part of the hate bandwagon

This is really about his scolding Rumsfeld and Cheney, isn't it?
Na, not at all. He is not in the position to do any scolding.
He knows his whole legacy is solely summed up by the only words he will be remembered for, "read my lips, no new taxes"...

Lefties usually support higher taxes. Why were they shocked and outraged that the genuine WW2 hero went back on his word and raised taxes? If you are outraged at "read my lips" how did you feel about "it depends what the definition of is is". George Bush Sr. may have been a sub-standard president in a lot of ways compared to his former boss but he looked like freaking George Washington compared to the pervert-in-chief who defeated him.

Forum List

Back