5 Founding Fathers' Skepticism About Christianity Would Make Them Unelectable Today

And get over the idea that someone who contests a retarded comment of yours has to prove the negative, which implies that anything you say is true until proven otherwise. Go back to school.

Last edited:
And get over the idea that someone who contests a retarded comment of you has to prove the negative, which implies that anything you say is true until proven otherwise. Go back to school.

The people who need to go back to school are those who elect to believe 2000 year old fairy tales and ignore science and proven theories.

Please, Cammmmpft, have mercy. You are in no position to take any stance at all on a discussion regarding ignorance and lack of education.

Wrong.
They had a problem with GOVERNMENTS forcing citizens to adhere to any particular religion, or recant any particular religion.

Their problem was never with religion. They stated over and over that people should be free to worship as they please. Hence their governmental hands-off policy.

I think it's sad and scary that today's loons believe just the opposite. That our founding fathers were afraid of religion, and wanted the government to protect us from RELIGION. Absolutely not what they intended or said they envisioned.

The Constitution clearly states: "There shall be no religous test as a qualification for any office OR PUBLIC TRUST UNDER THE UNITED STATES."

No religous test means ALL RELIGION.
Where did anyone state they had a problem with religion per se?
They had a problem with RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT.
So they wrote it in THE CONSTITUTION.
NO RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT.
I know you are deaf and dumb but you are not blind. Go read it yourself.

And get over the idea that someone who contests a retarded comment of you has to prove the negative, which implies that anything you say is true until proven otherwise. Go back to school.

You have made the negative affirmation without evidence. I have countered with evidence. You will fail on this point as you have every time in the past.

Let them fly out

The G.H.W. Bush family made the arrangements. You didn't think George was going to interfere with something his daddy and mama was doing did you. Like I said before....Big Oil Makes For Strange Bedfellows.

You still haven't explained why George W. Bush went back on his pledge to get Bin Laden. When the spec ops had him pinned down in Toro Boro Bush suddenly changed his mind. After that every time the press asked him about Bin Laden he had mysteriously lost interest.

I see lots of moonbat horseshit, but I don't see any corroboration.

Of course, that's because there isn't any.
Hey, dumbshit Cammie:

I see you punked out. What a little weasel you are.

Let them fly out

The G.H.W. Bush family made the arrangements. You didn't think George was going to interfere with something his daddy and mama was doing did you. Like I said before....Big Oil Makes For Strange Bedfellows.

You still haven't explained why George W. Bush went back on his pledge to get Bin Laden. When the spec ops had him pinned down in Toro Boro Bush suddenly changed his mind. After that every time the press asked him about Bin Laden he had mysteriously lost interest.

I see lots of moonbat horseshit, but I don't see any corroboration.

Of course, that's because there isn't any.
Hey, dumbshit Cammie:

I see you punked out. What a little weasel you are.

Bush didn't even try to get Bin Laden................Obama nailed his ass then dumped his Al Queda remains in the sea. As we speak Osama is phucking around with his 72 virgins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ama-watching-Al-Qaeda-leader-die-live-TV.html

Last edited:
koshergirl has disappeared on this argument.

Not at all. I'm still waiting for you to prove that the founding fathers were concerned about religion and thought it needed to be controlled.
Please post the quotes and links.

You can't, because every single one of them was adamantly AGAINST government interference in religion, of any sort.

Not at all. I'm still waiting for you to prove that the founding fathers were concerned about religion and thought it needed to be controlled.

You can't, because every single one of them was adamantly AGAINST government interference in religion, of any sort.

My personal favorite:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" ~Thomas Jefferson~ Excerpt from a letter to then president John Adams, April 11, 1823

Wrong.
They had a problem with GOVERNMENTS forcing citizens to adhere to any particular religion, or recant any particular religion.

Their problem was never with religion. They stated over and over that people should be free to worship as they please. Hence their governmental hands-off policy.

I think it's sad and scary that today's loons believe just the opposite. That our founding fathers were afraid of religion, and wanted the government to protect us from RELIGION. Absolutely not what they intended or said they envisioned.

The Constitution clearly states: "There shall be no religous test as a qualification for any office OR PUBLIC TRUST UNDER THE UNITED STATES."

No religous test means ALL RELIGION.
Where did anyone state they had a problem with religion per se?
They had a problem with RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT.
So they wrote it in THE CONSTITUTION.
NO RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT.
I know you are deaf and dumb but you are not blind. Go read it yourself.

NO! Not - NO RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT
NO GOVERNMENT IN RELIGION
If the founders had not wanted no religion in government, they would not have appointed chaplains for opening prayer each day, before conducting the people's business.

Last edited:

My personal favorite:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" ~Thomas Jefferson~ Excerpt from a letter to then president John Adams, April 11, 1823

No, you have not, and you have been refuted by solid evidence.

Now, some, John Jay and Patrick Henry, for instance, wanted national and state-established churches.

The great majority, however while many not all were church going and all everyone had spiritual and or religious values, did not want organized religion and government corrupting one another.

The founders rejected a national religion with the leader being the spiritual head so that failure to worship the ruler was treason as well as heresy.

Sort of like the way democrats view the messiah.

And that proves they were afraid of religion exactly..how?

The founders were afraid of organized religion and the government's corruption of one another.

They were not afraid of spiritual or religious values.

Go ahead and source that, sparky. Specifically, source the founding fathers stating they were afraid of organized religion.

The Founding Fathers went to great lengths to make sure that organized religion had no rights in the Constitution other than the right to exist. The Founding Fathers defeated numerous attempts in the Continental Congress to label Christianity as the national religion and use taxes to support religous schools. There is NO mention of God or Christianity in the Bill of Rights and the Constitutionand it was NOT until the 1950s, 200 YEARS LATER, that we hear any mention of "In God We Trust" as the Founders strictly objected to such nonsense legislation being passed for the dumb masses lasting until the 1950s.
Those of us with a very strong faith in our religous beliefs are so comfortable with our faith that we know that there is never any proof needed to validate those beliefs. However, the fools with the small brains believe it is possible to prove or disprove one's religous beliefs and whether there is a God or there isn't a God.
The most accurate interpretation of our Founding documents, to those that have taken the time to even read all of them, shows that the Founders intent was to allow ALL IDEAS to circulate freely. AKA the freedom to practice religion AND the freedom NOT to practice religion. The Founders in their wisdom respected ALL religous beliefs and knew that inserting Christian beliefs into the government would rub the noses of those that did not believe in Christianity. The Constitution shows no religous belief system favoring Christianity for that reason. The Founders believed that religous beliefs should be kept tight with the individual and not inserted into government in any way.
Just because an idea was written about in the Federalist Papers, as there were many different religous and other ideas written there, does not mean that was inserted into the Constitution and The Bill of Rights as they are both void of ALL RELIGION.
If you folks can not accept the United States Constitution FOR WHAT IT IS and keep on tricking with this "I do not believe it even if it is true" mentality then go for it.
But do not get upset when you are correctly labeled a dumb ass when you do

Last edited:

Forum List

Back