5 ways smart phones are dumbing people down

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016

5 Ways Smart Phones Are Dumbing People Down

And you can't figure out why we have a dumbed down society. This is only a small part of it.
Next time you go out in public esp. to eat look at how many people have their faces in that phone.

Didn't watch the video but don't need to, I already agree. Etched into my memory is sitting on some light rail train in --- I dunno, Boston, Chicago, doesn't matter --- looking at five people standing across from me. All different people, some older, some younger, some male, some female, some black, some white --- all five of them in the exact same pose, staring straight down into the little box in their hands, punching buttons. All I could think was, "if I had just taken that pickpocket course I could clean up right now". People are fucking lost in space.

Seems we should have learned about zombifying technology when they foisted TV on us. But noooooooooo.....

It still irritates me that I can do a search for, for example, "alex jones". That shouldn't work. Only "Alex Jones" should work. People post like that here too.

How about at a restaurant when you have a group doing the same thing? That just looks ridiculous to me. When my family goes out to eat, the cell phones are put away.

Agreed. Any time anybody's got their nose in a piece of electronics in lieu of interacting with the people sitting right there next to them it's frickin' rude. People in the checkout line who can't be bothered to cut the cord long enough to acknowledge the cashier for example. People who walk in the door while they're on the phone.

My Dad used to have the TV running at the dinner table, that's the same thing. Hated it.

5 Ways Smart Phones Are Dumbing People Down

And you can't figure out why we have a dumbed down society. This is only a small part of it.
Next time you go out in public esp. to eat look at how many people have their faces in that phone.

Yup, went out the other night, and sure enough Mom, Dad, Son and Daughter at the table next to us all had their phones, so engrossed and silent that the waitress had a time getting an order out of them. Electronic heroin.

How about at a restaurant when you have a group doing the same thing? That just looks ridiculous to me. When my family goes out to eat, the cell phones are put away.

Agreed. Any time anybody's got their nose in a piece of electronics in lieu of interacting with the people sitting right there next to them it's frickin' rude. People in the checkout line who can't be bothered to cut the cord long enough to acknowledge the cashier for example. People who walk in the door while they're on the phone.

My Dad used to have the TV running at the dinner table, that's the same thing. Hated it.
I really believe cell phones have degraded human communication and interaction. It's ironic because there has never been sooooooo much information exchange ever. But do you really need to know every friggin thing that is happening to your friends and family in real time?

• Banned
Didn't watch the video but don't need to, I already agree. Etched into my memory is sitting on some light rail train in --- I dunno, Boston, Chicago, doesn't matter --- looking at five people standing across from me. All different people, some older, some younger, some male, some female, some black, some white --- all five of them in the exact same pose, staring straight down into the little box in their hands, punching buttons. All I could think was, "if I had just taken that pickpocket course I could clean up right now". People are fucking lost in space.

Seems we should have learned about zombifying technology when they foisted TV on us. But noooooooooo.....

It still irritates me that I can do a search for, for example, "alex jones". That shouldn't work. Only "Alex Jones" should work. People post like that here too.

Well I can promise you it is not from infowars LOL............ the ironic part is the lady speaking use to be an infowars host though. bhahah she hasn't worked there for a few years.

What'e even funnier is how the schools are pushing kids into the IPAD/Lap tops now.
There are flicker rates within tvs, computers that have like a hypnotic trance affect. Google it .
Flicker rates . by using Ipads it will destroy these kids even further.

I really believe cell phones have degraded human communication and interaction. It's ironic because there has never been sooooooo much information exchange ever. But do you really need to know every friggin thing that is happening to your friends and family in real time?

I am constantly reminded that the reason the Amish don't use telephones is that it cuts off face-to-face communication. That strikes me as wisdom.

The term idiot box is more relevant than ever.
Too many folks spend far too much time logged in and checked out.
Biggest peeve is the loud talker who thinks everyone else should hear their conversation, and the moron not even looking at the road as they are so engrossed in their device.

Forum List

Back