🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

I didn't "miss" it, Asclepias...I was addressing the REST of that post...the part where you declared that Bush was stupid. Since you prefaced it with your legacy waiver comment it's only natural to assume that you were using that as proof that Bush WAS stupid...especially since you offered no other proof to back up your claim.

Yes you not only missed it you really missed it. You latched onto the bolded part of my statement and completely ignored the rest highlighted in red. Which set takes up most of post and is line with the entire point of my post?

Not really. Bush for example was not too bright and had to use a legacy clause to get into school. He is wealthy. Socio-econoic status is gained, passed on and held by those that have it. If you never had it as a group how can you hope to take advantage of it?

aids-rates_tcm7-82721.gif

It's amusing, Asklepias to read the Woodson quote that you thought so much of that you include it in all of your posts and then watch you in essence go to that "back door" and try to knock.

Then you do what only the most pathetic posters do when they can't support things they have claimed...you brought race into it.

Thats odd. Where did I bring race into it if I was making a point about success?

"Whats silly about it? Is it because he is white?"

My pointing out that someone using Affirmative Action didn't prove stupidity any more than someone else using a legacy waiver did. So why did you ask me if it was because someone was "white"? What does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Why are you talking about AA and stupidity when my point was heritage and prior success dictate where you start on the road to success? I asked you the question because it baffled me as to why you would get offended because I referred to GW as stupid. I agree what does that have to do with my point?

I didn't "miss" it, Asclepias...I was addressing the REST of that post...the part where you declared that Bush was stupid. Since you prefaced it with your legacy waiver comment it's only natural to assume that you were using that as proof that Bush WAS stupid...especially since you offered no other proof to back up your claim.

Yes you not only missed it you really missed it. You latched onto the bolded part of my statement and completely ignored the rest highlighted in red. Which set takes up most of post and is line with the entire point of my post?

Not really. Bush for example was not too bright and had to use a legacy clause to get into school. He is wealthy. Socio-econoic status is gained, passed on and held by those that have it. If you never had it as a group how can you hope to take advantage of it?

So readers here should disregard some portions of what you say and focus on other portions? LOL Interesting concept. So I can start a paragraph off with a statement that becomes a "throwaway" because the rest of the paragraph deals with something else?

Why did you include the statement about Bush not being too bright if it had nothing to do with the main intent of your post?

It's amusing, Asklepias to read the Woodson quote that you thought so much of that you include it in all of your posts and then watch you in essence go to that "back door" and try to knock.

In what way am I going to the back door? :lol: This should be interesting.

Thats odd. Where did I bring race into it if I was making a point about success?

"Whats silly about it? Is it because he is white?"

My pointing out that someone using Affirmative Action didn't prove stupidity any more than someone else using a legacy waiver did. So why did you ask me if it was because someone was "white"? What does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Why are you talking about AA and stupidity when my point was heritage and prior success dictate where you start on the road to success? I asked you the question because it baffled me as to why you would get offended because I referred to GW as stupid. I agree what does that have to do with my point?

I'm talking about AA and stupidity because you were talking about legacy waivers and stupidity. I simply pointed out how ridiculous a claim that was.

You were standing at the back door knocking as soon as you asked me if it was because Bush was white. Skin pigmentation had nothing to do with our discussion until your knee jerk reaction to try to make it about that.

So readers here should disregard some portions of what you say and focus on other portions? LOL Interesting concept. So I can start a paragraph off with a statement that becomes a "throwaway" because the rest of the paragraph deals with something else?

Why did you include the statement about Bush not being too bright if it had nothing to do with the main intent of your post?

I thought you would be intelligent enough to be able to discern that was not the point of my post based on the direction the thread was going and the remaining majority of the post in question. You literally termed that one small part as "the rest" how did you mix that up so badly?

You were standing at the back door knocking as soon as you asked me if it was because Bush was white. Skin pigmentation had nothing to do with our discussion until your knee jerk reaction to try to make it about that.

Wow! I thought I asked you that because I was trying to find out why you got offended over something I said about someone you dont know personally.

You're amusing. You declare that Bush is stupid then go on to talk about legacy waivers and the advantage that successful people's children have over the children of people not successful and somehow you're dumbstruck that anyone would question the Bush being stupid comment at all.

Here's a bit of advice...if you don't MEAN to say something...then don't type it on your keyboard!

Wow! I thought I asked you that because I was trying to find out why you got offended over something I said about someone you dont know personally.

I'm not "offended". I'm amused. Tank offends me with some of his racist posts. You amuse me because you think you're more intelligent than him yet you make the same sort of stupid comments and then pretend that you haven't.

Why are you afraid that I dont consider another black man like myself to be my enemy? You totally avoided the question.

I am hardly afraid. I do think you are stupid and misguided and the next time one of your "homeboys" shoots your worthless ass I hope this exchange is the last thing you remember.

If you are not afraid why do you insist on telling me over and over again that i should be afriad of another Black man? Historically whites in this country alone have killed more Black people by far. I'm really trying to understand why you feel the need to warn me. Are you trying make sure I dont keep my eye on people like you?
Please post where I said you should be afraid. It is simple fact here we are discussing.

Blacks were able to vote and own a business before Asians were in America

From the outset, they were faced with the racism of settled European population, which since the 1870s culminated in massacres and forced relocations of Chinese migrants into what became known as Chinatowns.[15] Also with regard to the legal situation, the Chinese were by far more badly posed in the US than most other ethnic minorities. They had to pay special taxes (all foreign miners had to pay a tax of $20 a month), were not allowed to marry white European partners and could not acquire U.S. "
Are you stupid?

Did you even read what you posted?

Yeah, but you certainly chopped out my response regarding ASIANS IN AMERICA and your wrong assertion that "The Blacks" were able to own businesses and vote BEFORE ASIANS WERE IN AMERICA. I showed you proof that Asians were in America before Blacks as a group were able to vote and own businesses.

You're amusing. You declare that Bush is stupid then go on to talk about legacy waivers and the advantage that successful people's children have over the children of people not successful and somehow you're dumbstruck that anyone would question the Bush being stupid comment at all.

Here's a bit of advice...if you don't MEAN to say something...then don't type it on your keyboard!

You are equally amusing. How did you possibly forget we were talking about heritage and legacy before i even mentioned Bush? That would be like me taking your opinion that I am amusing and mistaking it for the point of the rest of your post.

I'm not "offended". I'm amused. Tank offends me with some of his racist posts. You amuse me because you think you're more intelligent than him yet you make the same sort of stupid comments and then pretend that you haven't.

You were definitely offended. Now your trying to save face. You made Bush's stupidity the whole point when our conversation prior to and during was about heritage and success determining where you start in life. I keep asking you why you missed that but I guess you wont answer.

But not even close to the high rate that blacks do.

Wow! 5 percentage points! Holy shit!
You're stupid, let me help you learn:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwzfpS0d2c]Race and Crime - YouTube[/ame]

I see that you like to call people "stupid" when you lose a debate on FACTS. Thanks for the laugh, SCHMENDRICK! :lol:

why-don-t-we-talk-about-white-white-crime

Food for thought schmuck:
White Supremacists Use Black-on-White Crime as Propaganda Tool

I am hardly afraid. I do think you are stupid and misguided and the next time one of your "homeboys" shoots your worthless ass I hope this exchange is the last thing you remember.

If you are not afraid why do you insist on telling me over and over again that i should be afriad of another Black man? Historically whites in this country alone have killed more Black people by far. I'm really trying to understand why you feel the need to warn me. Are you trying make sure I dont keep my eye on people like you?
Please post where I said you should be afraid. It is simple fact here we are discussing.

I dont really feel like going back to see if you used the exact term "afraid". I do recall you saying "enemy". People fear and hate their enemies. I dont fear or hate Black people in general. I dont see anyone discussing anything. I see pot shots being taken. I dont call that discussion.

50 years ago Martin Luther King shared his dream of a nation where black and whites would seamlessly interweave in making a larger and better American fabric; where skin color was irrelevant.

That is perfectly in line with the American ideal: come here with an idea, with a talent, with a skill, with a mission and nurture it and tend to it until it blossoms.

Instead we heard yesterday blacks need more government programs and support

Was MLK's vision the path that's been followed, or is that the road not taken?

Frank, most blacks aren't on welfare, and the majority of people on welfare are white.

So why do you make welfare a racial issue?

BEcause welfare disproportionately affects blacks since a disproportionate percentage of the black community is on gov't assistance of some sort.
But nice try at deflection.

What percentage is that?

Forum List

Back