🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

As for the point that you made that being born into success heightens your chances to also be successful...it's quite obvious that IS the case. How you take THAT and make it somehow prove that Bush is stupid eludes me however. Or was that something you said that we were supposed to ignore? It's hard to tell with your posts which is which...

Wow! Are you sure you are not offended? I think Bush was as dumb as a chicken. Just my opinion. This is not about how stupid he is or not. He got into a school he never could have dreamed of if he did not have help by virtue of the fact his father graduated from Yale. Because of that he had more opportunity. His environment was conducive to success. If you have that type of head start do you agree that your chances of success are exponentially larger than someone that grew up in a broken home and was never exposed to an environment that taught them how to succeed?

There you go again. You state a contention that you don't even attempt to support and then ask me a question which I've already answered. So it's quite obvious that you're not listening to what I've posted...while at the same time accusing me of avoiding the question. People that say "That's just my opinion" are really admitting that they talk a lot of shit that they can't back up. That's what you're doing here...

One Black person in the white house and now everything is great!? Not to be ungrateful but you have to be kidding me. You guys definitely should not be bitching about anything then. Every other president has been white. There should be no whites whatsoever getting any sort of aid at all. Is this your logic?

we had a presentation at our school the other day concerning state testing.

the state had 3 areas of concern.

1. special ed , ELL and low income students

2. hispanic students

3. black students

state testing scores went just in that order

Every demographic group is doing better than blacks in school. That is why there are socio-economic problems in the so called black community. It's not racism.

Why isn't whitey keeping asians down?

Asians weren't victims of slavery, voter suppression, mob violence, Jim Crow, segregation.

1000 years from now will slavery still be used as an excuse?

As I said before...if you don't want to defend comments that you make...don't make them in the first place. You don't seem to have a filter between what's bouncing around in your brain and what gets typed on the page.

Now you come here and accuse me of making " a big deal out of a few words" that you posted? LOL Let's be honest here, my liberal friend. You make comments like that not because it's germane to the discussion that was taking place but because you KNEW it would get a rise out of the people who supported Bush.

All I did was point out that doing so was just one more example of your habit of making over the top claims that you can't back up.

So you want me to be able to predict what is going to offend you and whats not? How can I possibly know you would get offended by that? You did in fact make a big deal of it. You continue to. I already said lets move on.

Did you just repeat your earlier claim that Bush is stupid...and then say "lets move on"? Really?

As for the point that you made that being born into success heightens your chances to also be successful...it's quite obvious that IS the case. How you take THAT and make it somehow prove that Bush is stupid eludes me however. Or was that something you said that we were supposed to ignore? It's hard to tell with your posts which is which...

Wow! Are you sure you are not offended? I think Bush was as dumb as a chicken. Just my opinion. This is not about how stupid he is or not. He got into a school he never could have dreamed of if he did not have help by virtue of the fact his father graduated from Yale. Because of that he had more opportunity. His environment was conducive to success. If you have that type of head start do you agree that your chances of success are exponentially larger than someone that grew up in a broken home and was never exposed to an environment that taught them how to succeed?

There you go again. You state a contention that you don't even attempt to support and then ask me a question which I've already answered. So it's quite obvious that you're not listening to what I've posted...while at the same time accusing me of avoiding the question. People that say "That's just my opinion" are really admitting that they talk a lot of shit that they can't back up. That's what you're doing here...

Where did I state a contention without support? Can you be specific?

Your "opinion" that Bush is stupid? Duh? You've done it twice now...while at the same time saying that you'd like to "move on".

What do you base that "opinion" on? Did you grow up with W? Were you one of his teachers along the way? Did you have business dealings with him? Have you ever had a conversation with the man about anything? What do you REALLY know about George W. Bush?

If I came on here and declared that Barack Obama is the dumbest guy I've ever met! I would expect some "heat" for that comment. Yet you come here and declare similar things about Bush and seem bewildered that anyone would question what it is that you've said.

Last edited:

Your "opinion" that Bush is stupid? Duh? You've done it twice now...while at the same time saying that you'd like to "move on".

Wouldnt my opinion be my opinion instead of a contention? My opinion that I think he is dumb is not a fact. if you agree that we should move on why did you address my opinion again?

If I came on here and declared that Barack Obama is the dumbest guy I've ever met! I would expect some "heat" for that comment. Yet you come here and declare similar things about Bush and seem bewildered that anyone would question what it is that you've said.

You wouldn't get "heat" from me. Maybe thats where the confusion lies. If you said all Black people are dumb you would get some "heat".

Do you know what a slave mentality is?

Doing just enough to get by.
Pretending to be dumb or uninterested in education.
Afraid to take advantage of freedom.
Passing those habits on to their children to repeat the cycle.
That's what their masters taught them. Interest in freedom and education wasn't really desirable on the plantation. Pretending to be dumb was a lot smarter that showing any sign of intelligence. After slavery ended ambitious and intelligent blacks were considered to be arrogant troublemakers. There simply wan't a place for them in society so they assumed the role as dumb ******* who would hard for low pay and wouldn't make trouble.

That's why there are black universities filled with black PhDs, right? And have been since the mid 19th century.

Geezus you are one racist dumb fuck.
In the 1920's, there were approximately 10,000 blacks with college degrees in the US. That's 1 in 1000. Today there's 4.5 million, 1 in 10. Almost all blacks granted degrees before 1950, went to work in the black community in such fields as education, the ministry, and medicine. Graduates in other fields such as science, engineering, or accounting were a rarity because black professionals were not in demand in the white community. Most people felt blacks were best suited for manual labor or menial jobs and that's where most of them ended up.

More Than 4.5 Million African Americans Now Hold a Four-Year College Degree

What do you base that "opinion" on? Did you grow up with W? Were you one of his teachers along the way? Did you have business dealings with him? Have you ever had a conversation with the man about anything? What do you REALLY know about George W. Bush?

I base that on my observations of what he says, how he says it and when he says it. Maybe he is really smart. I just have not got that impression from him. Thats why its my opinion and not a fact to me. IMO his father was brilliant so its not that he is white or a republican.

Last edited:

You wouldn't get "heat" from me. Maybe thats where the confusion lies. If you said all Black people are dumb you would get some "heat".

So if I made the contention that Barack Obama is in fact an incredibly stupid man who only got to where he is today because Affirmative Action promotes those less qualified...you'd say..."Well, that's your opinion..." and move on? Really? Pardon me while I go turn off the "bullshit detector" on my computer, Asclepias...it's going off like a fire alarm!

As I said before...if you don't want to defend comments that you make...don't make them in the first place. You don't seem to have a filter between what's bouncing around in your brain and what gets typed on the page.

Now you come here and accuse me of making " a big deal out of a few words" that you posted? LOL Let's be honest here, my liberal friend. You make comments like that not because it's germane to the discussion that was taking place but because you KNEW it would get a rise out of the people who supported Bush.

All I did was point out that doing so was just one more example of your habit of making over the top claims that you can't back up.

So you want me to be able to predict what is going to offend you and whats not? How can I possibly know you would get offended by that? You did in fact make a big deal of it. You continue to. I already said lets move on.

Did you just repeat your earlier claim that Bush is stupid...and then say "lets move on"? Really?

It wasnt a claim it was my opinion.

So if I made the contention that Barack Obama is in fact an incredibly stupid man who only got to where he is today because Affirmative Action promotes those less qualified...you'd say..."Well, that's your opinion..." and move on? Really? Pardon me while I go turn off the "bullshit detector" on my computer, Asclepias...it's going off like a fire alarm!

He is incredibly stupid. But a talented phony :D

I base that on my observations of what he says, how he says it and when he says it. Maybe he is really smart. I just have not got that impression from him. Thats why its my opinion and not a fact to me. IMO his father was brilliant so its not that he is white or a republican.

So someone's speaking ability determines their intelligence level? With that logic TV anchorpersons should be running the world...right, Asclepias? :cuckoo:

Let me guess...you're one of those naive people who thought Barack Obama was competent because he gave some great speeches?

"Maybe he is really smart. I just have not got that impression from him. Thats why its my opinion and not a fact to me."

Intelligent people base their opinions on more than "impressions".

He is incredibly stupid. But a talented phony :D

I wouldn't say he's stupid. I certainly don't think he is as "brilliant" as some fawning acolytes and wannabes would have their fellow sheep believe, but not stupid. He is just remarkably unqualified and unsuited to the job he currently holds.

Forum List

Back