50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

Leaving the validity of your premise of a "slave mentality" aside, how would you go about changing that?

Education. Not just formal education but the kind of education that clearly outlines the steps necessary to succeed. Stuff they don't really teach in school. Stuff most Americans dont know about. When you realize the enemy within is the way mightier than the enemy without the world opens up and the shackles fall off.

And if this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now? Do you think that "education" is something that no one has ever thought of before? Your own brilliant original idea?

Hell no this is not an original idea. People I would consider to be geniuses taught me this stuff. Read my post closely. Not just formal education. I'll give you an example. How do you measure wealth?

Last edited:

Actually, I think I can go along with Asclepias' point: This is more about the black psyche, not about modern day reality.

This is an issue that the black "community" must address within itself. No need to "emulate" whites, more have to follow the example of many blacks who have chosen not to allow the horrors of slavery long ago to impede their progress as modern day Americans.

This would also require blacks and their "caring" white enablers to stop pointing the finger at anyone who dares to challenge blacks to do the above and scream "racist", and to look within themselves for strength it will require to heal their psyche and end their isolation.

What exactly does it mean to "emulate whites"? Which 'whites'? :confused:

Just a reference back to post #774 by another poster.

That's why I use the quotation marks.

I understand. I was just wondering.

Actually, I think I can go along with Asclepias' point: This is more about the black psyche, not about modern day reality.

This is an issue that the black "community" must address within itself. No need to "emulate" whites, more have to follow the example of many blacks who have chosen not to allow the horrors of slavery long ago to impede their progress as modern day Americans.

This would also require blacks and their "caring" white enablers to stop pointing the finger at anyone who dares to challenge blacks to do the above and scream "racist", and to look within themselves for strength it will require to heal their psyche and end their isolation.

I think the death of good manners is an issue. What happens when someone challenges you? You get defensive. A good example would be the previous pages of us going back and forth and achieving no real discussion but hurling insults. You cant assume you have the right to challenge anyone. You have to earn that right. If you want to display bad manners and assume you have that right then be prepared to be called a racist.

"Good manners"? And who gets to judge that, precisely?

Wait, let me guess.

Either way, the term "racist" has been so badly overused by the Left that it has become diluted, damn near a punchline. A tragedy, of course, because obviously real racism does exist. Too late now, though. That hand has been overplayed.

Screaming "racist" at every opportunity isn't going to heal the black psyche to which you have referred. In fact, it will continue to make things worse and slow blacks' progress.

Why this isn't abundantly clear is a mystery.

Education. Not just formal education but the kind of education that clearly outlines the steps necessary to succeed. Stuff they don't really teach in school. Stuff most Americans dont know about. When you realize the enemy within is the way mightier than the enemy without the world opens up and the shackles fall off.

And if this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] ...continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now? Do you think that "education" is something that no one has ever thought of before? Your own brilliant original idea?

Hell no this is not an original idea. People I would consider to be geniuses taught me this stuff. Read my post closely. Not just formal education.

I read it carefully, now answer my question. If this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] ...continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now?

You had your chance to answer. Dont try to jump in on the discussion now.

LOL...unlike you I answer every question put to me. I don't hide from them like you do.

I also don't make patently false claims...like people asked that I speak for the black race...and then when called on to provide proof where that took place refuse to provide a post.

To be quite blunt...your reputation here is taking a savage beating today. You've shown yourself to be someone who is willing to play fast and loose with the truth in an attempt to salvage a losing argument.

Thats insightful. Now you have the perfect out to no longer converse with me. Smart move.

Why would I need an "out" when I've taken you to the woodshed? You only wish...

You'll continue to post nonsense you can't support and I'll happily point that out. :eusa_angel:

Screaming "racist" at every opportunity isn't going to heal the black psyche to which you have referred. In fact, it will continue to make things worse and slow blacks' progress.

I wonder why screaming youre lazy and its your own fault isnt working out so swell? Hows that working out for you?

And if this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] ...continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now? Do you think that "education" is something that no one has ever thought of before? Your own brilliant original idea?

Hell no this is not an original idea. People I would consider to be geniuses taught me this stuff. Read my post closely. Not just formal education.

I read it carefully, now answer my question. If this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] ...continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now?

From my post

Stuff most Americans dont know about.

I think the death of good manners is an issue. What happens when someone challenges you? You get defensive. A good example would be the previous pages of us going back and forth and achieving no real discussion but hurling insults. You cant assume you have the right to challenge anyone. You have to earn that right. If you want to display bad manners and assume you have that right then be prepared to be called a racist.

I missed this little gem. The person you wish to challenge.

From my post

Stuff most Americans dont [sic] know about.

So you DO think this is some brilliant NEW insight that only a chosen few such as yourself are aware of? Is that it?

No its freely available in most libraries. Some people actually go looking for it. Some people get lucky and find a mentor. Most have no clue any of it exists. Some luck up and discover these principles on their own.

I wonder why screaming youre lazy and its your own fault isnt working out so swell? Hows that working out for you?

are all blacks so feeble minded that something that never happened to them, or their great-grandparents for that matter, can't function in the world and need pity?

are all blacks so feeble minded that something that never happened to them, or their great-grandparents for that matter, can't function in the world and need pity?

Who asked for pity? I just say step off if you have nothing good to say. If a person wanted to get bold and say something to my face then I would just lay them out. Actions have consequences.

So, if a person decides to take any questioning - or even raising an issue he or she has arbitrarily decided to place off-limits - as "a challenge," then that person can dismiss anyone as a "racist" on a whim? Is that how you see the world?

From my post

So you DO think this is some brilliant NEW insight that only a chosen few such as yourself are aware of? Is that it?

No its freely available in most libraries. Some people actually go looking for it. Some people get lucky and find a mentor. Most have no clue any of it exists. Some luck up and discover these principles on their own.

SO, If this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] ...continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now?

Who asked for pity? I just say step off if you have nothing good to say. If a person wanted to get bold and say something to my face then I would just lay them out. Actions have consequences.

Traythug discovered just that

So, if a person decides to take any questioning - or even raising an issue he or she has arbitrarily decided to place off-limits - as "a challenge," then that person can dismiss anyone as a "racist" on a whim? Is that how you see the world?

Not only can they do it but its very likely they will. If you want to argue its a great way to get into an argument but if you are really trying to help then you are going about it in an ass backward way by challenging them without their consent. Its not just how I see the world its how it is.

Last edited:

Not only can they do it but its very likely they will.

Once again you demonstrate why you are not a legitimate interlocutor.

Traythug discovered just that

Who is traythug and what does he have to do with this?

Not only can they do it but its very likely they will.

Once again you demonstrate why you are not a legitimate interlocutor.

Why dont you give it a try with someone face to face and see what happens? They wont hear anything you have to say if they have not given you permission to challenge or critique them. Thanks for the new word of the day. (interlocutor)

Forum List

Back