🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

I've said in another post I think the key is education.

That's a bumper-sticker. "Education" is not a new concept, and endless mountains of money have been pumped into failing schools to little or no avail. Every pedagogical approach under the sun has been tired (including some that cross the border into the ridiculous). I know you want to think you have a 'special' concept for education that will make everything all better, but that is facile and unlikely to change much in the aggregate.

I am reading your posts. Forgive me if the tone of your posts sounds to me a bit like some of the other posters doing exactly what I said regarding asking permission before criticizing. I disagree that with your assertion that blacks have been victimized by those professing to care. Thats a blanket statement and to me does not look at the fact that a majority of the actions have helped tremendously to improve the Black situation here in the US. Despite what has been broadcast by the media there are probably very few Black people that would like to turn the clock back. To me the biggest thing that has been lost is the sense of unity in the Black community. It is not as strong as it was before but I cannot say with certainty that this has been caused by people outside attempting to help.

asking permission before criticizing?

:cuckoo:

If you cant really grasp that concept then you may need to evolve, pick up a book, or take psych 101 so you can understand how the human mind works.

Yeah, it would be in the chapter about 'Being a Petulant Little Child.'

I've said in another post I think the key is education.

That's a bumper-sticker. "Education" is not a new concept, and endless mountains of money have been pumped into failing schools to little or no avail. Every pedagogical approach under the sun has been tired (including some that cross the border into the ridiculous). I know you want to think you have a 'special' concept for education that will make everything all better, but that is facile and unlikely to change much in the aggregate.

Thats twice now you have provided the word of the day (pedagogical) for me. Where did I say education was a new concept? Where did I say it was a special concept I made up? I already told you that it was taught to me by others and it works. You dont have to believe me. Now if you can prove it doesnt work then thats a different conversation. If you cant do that then maybe you should rethink your criticism of the idea.

I already told you that it was taught to me by others and it works. .

If it "works," then why hasn't the problem (whatever exactly that is) been solved by now? Have you and "others" been keeping it a secret, only sharing it with a select few like some hidden family kungfu style?

I already told you that it was taught to me by others and it works. .

If it "works," then why hasn't the problem (whatever exactly that is) been solved by now? Have you and "others" been keeping it a secret, only sharing it with a select few like some hidden family kungfu style?

Did you see the part in my post where I said it takes time to undo the damage 400 years of racial oppression can inflict? It is being taught. Thats why you are seeing more and more successful Black people.

You really are a tool.

Probably the funniest thing I've seen on here in months is YOU declaring yourself a Mensa member!

That was, of course, him lying AGAIN.

Jesus Christ are you still on this? :eusa_boohoo:

Its actually funny and a compliment to be honest. Typical of those that have no argument, no solution, and desperately trying their best to discredit me ......on a message board for gods sake where no one even knows who I am!!:lol: Let them have their fun.

Yes it is. Why do you ask?

Your lexicon seems quite limited for a native speaker.

I try and use words that people use in everyday conversation. I have no need to impress anyone by pulling out words people dont normally use. Its counter productive to establishing rapport.

Well then, a simple recourse is to look up the word in the dictionary. It isn't that hard. Pedagogy is the science and art of education.

Your lexicon seems quite limited for a native speaker.

I try and use words that people use in everyday conversation. I have no need to impress anyone by pulling out words people dont normally use. Its counter productive to establishing rapport.

Well then, a simple recourse is to look up the word in the dictionary. It isn't that hard. Pedagogy is the science and art of education.

Who said i didnt know what it meant?

Forum List

Back