🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 years later: has government dependency helped or hurt blacks?

Thats not what i asked you. Do you have the courage to answer the following?

How is the last 40 years relevant but not the last 400 years?

You didn't ask me that, you asked the other guy. Are you asking me now?

I did ask you that. Go look at the post you just quoted on the last page. You can play games if you like or you can answer the question. Your choice.

I took that quote from you asking the other guy. Really. As for the question itself, I have now addressed it.

Your answer is that the Great Depression nullifies the last 400 years and Jim Crow was not universal? Really? :lol: That was so stupid I thought it was a joke. Can you give an intelligent answer? You do realize that whatever setbacks the whites incurred during the Great Depression were also experienced in the Black community? You do realize that Jim Crow gave an additional advantage to whites regardless of whether it was universal or not? I do have to give you points for at least answering the question.

how has slavery hurt you and jim crow helped me?

this should be good

Slavery created a condition where whites were indoctrinated with the concept that they were superior to Blacks. in essence more confidence. In slaves that would be the reverse therefore hurtful. It also created a condition where whites had ample opportunity to take advantage of being free to make something of themselves. Blacks had no such opportunity. Slavery created a mindset in the slave of dependency on the slave master for everything. Again hurtful. That slave mentality has been passed down through the generations to present primarily out of an attempt to just survive the racially oppressive climate.

Jim Crow gave whites legal rights to further keep Blacks down by creating a condition where financially and educationally Black opportunities for success were substandard. This would again promote a racial superior feeling for whites and an inferior and hopeless feeling for Blacks. In essence another form of slavery and more damage to the Black psyche. This would be to the benefit of whites not blacks. So we have the tangible effects of substandard education and financial opportunities combined with the psychological affects of racism and slavery passed down to present day.

you are stating that you are alive today because of the slave mentality but the price paid is that you are lazy, stupid and dependent on white people for your existence.

I agree with your assessment :lol:

I did ask you that. Go look at the post you just quoted on the last page.

No, you asked the other guy. If you are now asking me, it is a false question since I have never taken that position.

Ok, your turn: How is the last 400 years relevant but not the last 40 years? Or is that not your position? (see what I did there?)

Ok good job. i got an answer. I never said the last 40 years were not relevant. Yes I did see what you did. You have learned not to assume.

You have nothing to teach anyone as far as I can tell. You asked someone else a question over and over. When finally you asked me the same question, I told you that it was a false one. You, in line with your established pattern of dishonesty, premised your question on a false assumption. I taught you by example not to do that. You're welcome.

You had your chance to answer. Dont try to jump in on the discussion now.

LOL...unlike you I answer every question put to me. I don't hide from them like you do.

I also don't make patently false claims...like people asked that I speak for the black race...and then when called on to provide proof where that took place refuse to provide a post.

To be quite blunt...your reputation here is taking a savage beating today. You've shown yourself to be someone who is willing to play fast and loose with the truth in an attempt to salvage a losing argument.

Thats insightful. Now you have the perfect out to no longer converse with me. Smart move.

= Retreat

how has slavery hurt you and jim crow helped me?

this should be good

Slavery created a condition where whites were indoctrinated with the concept that they were superior to Blacks. in essence more confidence. In slaves that would be the reverse therefore hurtful. It also created a condition where whites had ample opportunity to take advantage of being free to make something of themselves. Blacks had no such opportunity. Slavery created a mindset in the slave of dependency on the slave master for everything. Again hurtful. That slave mentality has been passed down through the generations to present primarily out of an attempt to just survive the racially oppressive climate.

Jim Crow gave whites legal rights to further keep Blacks down by creating a condition where financially and educationally Black opportunities for success were substandard. This would again promote a racial superior feeling for whites and an inferior and hopeless feeling for Blacks. In essence another form of slavery and more damage to the Black psyche. This would be to the benefit of whites not blacks. So we have the tangible effects of substandard education and financial opportunities combined with the psychological affects of racism and slavery passed down to present day.

you are stating that you are alive today because of the slave mentality but the price paid is that you are lazy, stupid and dependent on white people for your existence.

I guess 35% comprehension is about the most I could expect out of you but it will have to do.

No, you asked the other guy. If you are now asking me, it is a false question since I have never taken that position.

Ok, your turn: How is the last 400 years relevant but not the last 40 years? Or is that not your position? (see what I did there?)

Ok good job. i got an answer. I never said the last 40 years were not relevant. Yes I did see what you did. You have learned not to assume.

You have nothing to teach anyone as far as I can tell. You asked someone else a question over and over. When finally you asked me the same question, I told you that it was a false one. You, in line with your established pattern of dishonesty, premised your question on a false assumption. I taught you by example not to do that. You're welcome.

:lol: Youre pretty paranoid there. Where did I claim to teach you anything? I gave all credit to you for learning on your own.

So we have the tangible effects of substandard education and financial opportunities combined with the psychological affects of racism and slavery passed down to present day.

And do these represent a permanent and unalterable condition?

I guess 35% comprehension is about the most I could expect out of you but it will have to do.

I just edited for brevity

:lol: Youre pretty paranoid there. Where did I claim to teach you anything? I gave all credit to you for learning on your own.

Here again we see more of your personal pattern of dishonesty. I never assumed anything to start with.

So we have the tangible effects of substandard education and financial opportunities combined with the psychological affects of racism and slavery passed down to present day.

Of course not. A large portion of Black people have shaken off the slave mentality. The ones in the ghetto that continue to shoot themselves in the foot are the ones still affected.

Of course not. A large portion of Black people have shaken off the slave mentality. The ones in the ghetto that continue to shoot themselves in the foot are the ones still affected.

Leaving the validity of your premise of a "slave mentality" aside, how would you go about changing that?

Actually, I think I can go along with Asclepias' point: This is more about the black psyche, not about modern day reality.

This is an issue that the black "community" must address within itself. No need to "emulate" whites, more have to follow the example of many blacks who have chosen not to allow the horrors of slavery long ago to impede their progress as modern day Americans.

This would also require blacks and their "caring" white enablers to stop pointing the finger at anyone who dares to challenge blacks to do the above and scream "racist", and to look within themselves for strength it will require to heal their psyche and end their isolation.

Last edited:

Actually, I think I can go along with Asclepias' point: This is more about the black psyche, not about modern day reality.

This is an issue that the black "community" must address within itself. No need to "emulate" whites, more have to follow the example of many blacks who have chosen not to allow the horrors of slavery long ago to impede their progress as modern day Americans.

This would also require blacks and their "caring" white enablers to stop pointing the finger at anyone who dares to challenge blacks to do the above and scream "racist", and to look within themselves for strength it will require to heal their psyche and end their isolation.

What exactly does it mean to "emulate whites"? Which 'whites'? :confused:

Leaving the validity of your premise of a "slave mentality" aside, how would you go about changing that?

Education. Not just formal education but the kind of education that clearly outlines the steps necessary to succeed. Stuff they don't really teach in school. Stuff most Americans dont know about. When you realize the enemy within is the way mightier than the enemy without the world opens up and the shackles fall off.

What exactly does it mean to "emulate whites"? Which 'whites'? :confused:

Just a reference back to post #774 by another poster.

That's why I use the quotation marks.

all this talk of dependency, laziness etc is RACIST. blacks are just as smart, ambitious, competent- they are also fecked.

OP- GREAT PROPAGANDA, FOR RACIST HATER DUPES ONLY- THE ONLY THING THAT'S HURT BLACKS IS CRAPPE SUPPORT FOR INNER CITY EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND JOBS oops, Pub/Reaganist policies that hurt all nonrich and blacks especially, and of course racist a-holes who make it twice as hard for them to be employed...

I think the death of good manners is an issue. What happens when someone challenges you? You get defensive. A good example would be the previous pages of us going back and forth and achieving no real discussion but hurling insults. You cant assume you have the right to challenge anyone. You have to earn that right. If you want to display bad manners and assume you have that right then be prepared to be called a racist.

Education. Not just formal education but the kind of education that clearly outlines the steps necessary to succeed. Stuff they don't really teach in school. Stuff most Americans dont know about. When you realize the enemy within is the way mightier than the enemy without the world opens up and the shackles fall off.

And if this 'solution' exists, why hasn't been applied to "the ones in the ghetto that [sic] continue to shoot themselves in the foot" by now? Do you think that "education" is something that no one has ever thought of before? Your own brilliant original idea?

Forum List

Back