500 scientists say there is no climate emergency

What evidence ... you only have weak correlation and consensus of opinions ... or so you claim ...
Let's see a calculation of that weak correlation. It doesn't have to be by you (in fact, I'd prefer it done by someone who actually knows what correlation is). Show us an expert that can demonstrate that the correlation between CO2 and temperature is "weak"
You count "no opinion" as a positive ... that's lying, not a consensus ...
It is completely valid for a a study explicitly looking for authors rejecting manmade global warming to count instances of that specific behavior. In just this piece of Wikipedia text NINE different studies/polls/surveys are discussed but deniers love to bring up single studies and pick nits which generally demonstrate nothing but the nitpickers igorance of basic polling and statistics.

A 2013 paper in Environmental Research Letters reviewed 11,944 abstracts of scientific papers matching "global warming" or "global climate change". They found 4,014 which discussed the cause of recent global warming, and of these "97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming".[146] This study was criticised in 2016 by Richard Tol,[147] but strongly defended by a companion paper in the same volume.[148]

A 2012 analysis of published research on global warming and climate change between 1991 and 2012 found that of the 13,950 articles in peer-reviewed journals, only 24 rejected anthropogenic global warming.[149] A follow-up analysis looking at 2,258 peer-reviewed climate articles with 9,136 authors published between November 2012 and December 2013 revealed that only one of the 9,136 authors rejected anthropogenic global warming.[150] His 2015 paper on the topic, covering 24,210 articles published by 69,406 authors during 2013 and 2014 found only five articles by four authors rejecting anthropogenic global warming. Over 99.99% of climate scientists did not reject AGW in their peer-reviewed research.[151]

James Lawrence Powell reported in 2017 that using rejection as the criterion of consensus, five surveys of the peer-reviewed literature from 1991 to 2015, including several of those above, combine to 54,195 articles with an average consensus of 99.94%.[152] In November 2019, his survey of over 11,600 peer-reviewed articles published in the first seven months of 2019 showed that the consensus had reached 100%.[2]

A survey conducted in 2021 found that of a random selection of 3,000 papers examined from 88,125 peer-reviewed studies related to climate that were published since 2012, only 4 were sceptical about man-made climate change.[153]

Depending on expertise, a 2021 survey of 2780 Earth scientist showed that between 91% and 100% agreed human activity is causing climate change. Among climate scientists, 98.7% agreed, a number that grows to 100% when only the climate scientists with high level of expertise are counted (20+ papers published).[4]

you [Fort Fun Indiana] do not have an overwhelming consensus, or show me the election results ... the paper you refer to shows over 60% of scientific papers do not include statement about man-kind causing climate change in their abstracts ... counting these as positives is lying ... your 1st Amendment right ...

Show us a poll of published climate scientists (people, not papers) that agree with YOUR position on manmade global warming.

I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. I don't keep up on the latest right wing paranoia.
You are a scumbag liar. You exchange your slim and hate filled insults for thousands of posts on this board.

Calling everyone right wing paranoia you don't keep up with is your way of deflecting the comment.

Of all the big lies crick makes this is a whopper, don't keep up on yet responding thousands of times

Let's see a calculation of that weak correlation. It doesn't have to be by you (in fact, I'd prefer it done by someone who actually knows what correlation is). Show us an expert that can demonstrate that the correlation between CO2 and temperature is "weak"

It is completely valid for a a study explicitly looking for authors rejecting manmade global warming to count instances of that specific behavior. In just this piece of Wikipedia text NINE different studies/polls/surveys are discussed but deniers love to bring up single studies and pick nits which generally demonstrate nothing but the nitpickers igorance of basic polling and statistics.

A 2013 paper in Environmental Research Letters reviewed 11,944 abstracts of scientific papers matching "global warming" or "global climate change". They found 4,014 which discussed the cause of recent global warming, and of these "97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming".[146] This study was criticised in 2016 by Richard Tol,[147] but strongly defended by a companion paper in the same volume.[148]

A 2012 analysis of published research on global warming and climate change between 1991 and 2012 found that of the 13,950 articles in peer-reviewed journals, only 24 rejected anthropogenic global warming.[149] A follow-up analysis looking at 2,258 peer-reviewed climate articles with 9,136 authors published between November 2012 and December 2013 revealed that only one of the 9,136 authors rejected anthropogenic global warming.[150] His 2015 paper on the topic, covering 24,210 articles published by 69,406 authors during 2013 and 2014 found only five articles by four authors rejecting anthropogenic global warming. Over 99.99% of climate scientists did not reject AGW in their peer-reviewed research.[151]

James Lawrence Powell reported in 2017 that using rejection as the criterion of consensus, five surveys of the peer-reviewed literature from 1991 to 2015, including several of those above, combine to 54,195 articles with an average consensus of 99.94%.[152] In November 2019, his survey of over 11,600 peer-reviewed articles published in the first seven months of 2019 showed that the consensus had reached 100%.[2]

A survey conducted in 2021 found that of a random selection of 3,000 papers examined from 88,125 peer-reviewed studies related to climate that were published since 2012, only 4 were sceptical about man-made climate change.[153]

Depending on expertise, a 2021 survey of 2780 Earth scientist showed that between 91% and 100% agreed human activity is causing climate change. Among climate scientists, 98.7% agreed, a number that grows to 100% when only the climate scientists with high level of expertise are counted (20+ papers published).[4]

Show us a poll of published climate scientists (people, not papers) that agree with YOUR position on manmade global warming.

The consensus was created by the results of thousands of peer reviewed studies.
All peer reviewed studies are is a conglomerate of particular people who agree to presented data.
Anyone who disputes that or provides their own supported data that contradicts the 'peer reviewed' consensus are incorrect according to the 'peer reviewed' group.

Deal with it.
They can't make good science support their contentions BECAUSE THEY AREN'T TRUE.
The problem for you is they have and your 'peer reviewed' group doesn't want to hear any counter debate.

Naw, he thinks if everyone agrees on it that’s somehow evidence. I laugh
by the way, if my memory serves me correct, the theory of relativity was found by one man. One man, no peered work

by the way, if my memory serves me correct, the theory of relativity was found by one man. One man, no peered work

The other 1.8 billion people in the world believed Newton whole-heartedly ... the only better consensus known to man is that the Soviets had nothing to do with JFK's assassination ...

What do you mean? How would CO2 "repair" the Earth?
Plants want more CO2 and they snatch the gas and it creates a food for plants. A greener Earth is very desirable. But we lack enough CO2 to completely solve the problem.

Actually many believe Einstein worked that out by his creative thinking. For many years scientists then had not accepted it.

Actually many believe Einstein worked that out by his creative thinking. For many years scientists then had not accepted it.
Can you give us an example of someone who thought Einstein worked out special relativity by "creative thinking"?

The other 1.8 billion people in the world believed Newton whole-heartedly ... the only better consensus known to man is that the Soviets had nothing to do with JFK's assassination ...
Personally, IMO, the CIA killed jfk

Plants want more CO2 and they snatch the gas and it creates a food for plants. A greener Earth is very desirable. But we lack enough CO2 to completely solve the problem.

Really? We're doing dumb science now? You're telling me that we pump more CO2 into the air and plants will suddenly just pick up the slack?

BULLSHIT.

Forum List

Back