54 percent of Los Angeles Shuns English at Home

On the topic:

- Maintaining one's first language does not hinder the acquisition of a second (quite the contrary), or the process of assimilation in general.

- Latino immigrants today are assimilating just as generations of immigrants before them did.

Considering a population of 3,928,864, the damage is done

-Geaux
-------------------------

More than 350 languages are spoken at home in the U.S., the Census Bureau reported Tuesday, and residents in the country’s biggest cities are drifting away from speaking English at home.

A staggering 54 percent of residents in the Los Angeles metropolitan region speak a language other than English at home, as does 38 percent of the New York City area, 37 percent of Houston, 51 percent of Miami, 40 percent of San Francisco, and 36 percent of Washington, D.C.

More than 350 languages spoken in U.S.; 54 percent of Los Angeles shuns English at home - Washington Times

What's your point? Send the police around to knock down doors and arrest people if they hear non English words being spoken?

Is what people speak in their homes REALLY YOUR business?
Not every problem needs to be solved by the police. Nor does every problem need a law.

All we would need to do is stop encouraging people to cling to their own language. Stop teaching it in schools. Stop accommodating foreign languages in public life.

You, of course, have no idea what you are talking about.
You are such a fucking fool. No wonder I ignore you. Is it the pot, or were you born shit for brains?

Criminal illegal aliens and latinos in California need to keep their spanish skills up, so they can follow directions properly when the La Raza busses come around to take them the polls and check the correct way to vote on their ballots.

If California were truly sympathetic with their plights, they would just mail stacks of ballots to the local La Raza fronts and just let the office there fill them out in their offices; why bother the common people with these inconvenient activities and hassles?
The error is in thinking that it's just spanish speakers. There are more than 200 languages and dialects spoken in Los Angeles alone. Each one trying to hang on to their own and demanding that everyone learn their language. Many Hispanics from Honduras. El Salvadore and Guatemala don't even speak Spanish. They speak a dialect that might not be used outside of their village.

-Geaux

More than 350 languages are spoken at home in the U.S., the Census Bureau reported Tuesday, and residents in the country’s biggest cities are drifting away from speaking English at home.

A staggering 54 percent of residents in the Los Angeles metropolitan region speak a language other than English at home, as does 38 percent of the New York City area, 37 percent of Houston, 51 percent of Miami, 40 percent of San Francisco, and 36 percent of Washington, D.C.

More than 350 languages spoken in U.S.; 54 percent of Los Angeles shuns English at home - Washington Times

What's your point? Send the police around to knock down doors and arrest people if they hear non English words being spoken?

Not every problem needs to be solved by the police. Nor does every problem need a law.

All we would need to do is stop encouraging people to cling to their own language. Stop teaching it in schools. Stop accommodating foreign languages in public life.

You are such a fucking fool. ......

Do you enjoy being ruled by your own fear and ignorance?

-Geaux

I have nothing to do with these cockaroaches. Why should I be afraid of them? They are like you, just crawling along in the swill. At least I know enough to recognize that you have six legs.

I have nothing to do with these cockaroaches. .....

You have nothing to do with facts or reality, you cowardly clown.

I have nothing to do with these cockaroaches. .....

You have nothing to do with facts or reality, you cowardly clown.
You are leaking shit again. Put on a diaper.

On the topic:

- Maintaining one's first language does not hinder the acquisition of a second (quite the contrary), or the process of assimilation in general.

- Latino immigrants today are assimilating just as generations of immigrants before them did.

Criminal illegal aliens and latinos in California need to keep their spanish skills up, so they can follow directions properly when the La Raza busses come around to take them the polls and check the correct way to vote on their ballots.

If California were truly sympathetic with their plights, they would just mail stacks of ballots to the local La Raza fronts and just let the office there fill them out in their offices; why bother the common people with these inconvenient activities and hassles?
Each one trying to hang on to their own and demanding that everyone learn their language. Many Hispanics from Honduras. El Salvadore and Guatemala don't even speak Spanish. They speak a dialect that might not be used outside of their village.

Are you aware that a lot of these 2nd or 3rd generations don't even speak their dialect anymore? If they want to advance they know that they need to assimilate. If they don't they remain flipping burgers and cooking tacos. They have a dream to advance. That's a fact.

Each one trying to hang on to their own and demanding that everyone learn their language. Many Hispanics from Honduras. El Salvadore and Guatemala don't even speak Spanish. They speak a dialect that might not be used outside of their village.

Are you aware that a lot of these 2nd or 3rd generations don't even speak their dialect anymore? If they want to advance they know that they need to assimilate. If they don't they remain flipping burgers and cooking tacos. They have a dream to advance. That's a fact.
Ohhh that's where the difficulty is. No. They don't want to advance. They just want to be paid more.

I dont believe in that assimilate bullshit. i speak standard english in the business world but away from that I'm speaking Ebonics. I dont need to assimilate with a fucked up culture to get ahead. I just have to outwork the nearest white competitor by a factor of 10.

..... No. They don't want to advance. ......

Wrong again, ignorant shit.
Shit is what you got leaking out of your ass. That's what you are named for.

Are you one of the slugs? That's why you lick up their slime.

Pathetic coward. You are certainly not American.
I am absolutely no countryman of yours. I'd have you hanged on general principle. Hanged and left for the buzzards.

I am absolutely no countryman of yours. ....

Like I said, you're not American.

.... I'd have you hanged on general principle. Hanged and left for the buzzards.

Good thing for me that you're an absolute nobody.

-Geaux

The lives of 100% of LA families would be much better today if English and Spanish had been taught in public schools from 1st grade on starting from the end of WWII.

Those who know only one language.

Know none.

That's overdoing it.
Agreed.
I'm responding in a somewhat emotional manner because I remember my conservative white parents making the same argument to me fifty years ago.

IMHO, if English and Spanish were taught to every public school student in LA (California would be better), the enhanced communication levels between the races would lead to lower levels of violence, and, perhaps, a greater likelihood of building progressive political movements.
Stop teaching spanish at all. Revoke the licenses for Spanish television and radio. Tie everyone caught speaking Spanish between two poles and give them 20 lashes with a cat o nine tails. Watch the communication levels rise.

You need a prefrontal.

Forum List

Back