54 percent of Los Angeles Shuns English at Home

Criminal illegal aliens and latinos in California need to keep their spanish skills up, so they can follow directions properly when the La Raza busses come around to take them the polls and check the correct way to vote on their ballots.

If California were truly sympathetic with their plights, they would just mail stacks of ballots to the local La Raza fronts and just let the office there fill them out in their offices; why bother the common people with these inconvenient activities and hassles?
The error is in thinking that it's just spanish speakers. There are more than 200 languages and dialects spoken in Los Angeles alone. Each one trying to hang on to their own and demanding that everyone learn their language. Many Hispanics from Honduras. El Salvadore and Guatemala don't even speak Spanish. They speak a dialect that might not be used outside of their village.

Most of the criminal illegal aliens are illiterate in any language; they just babble some half-assed ethnic version of 'ebonics', regardless of where they're from.

Proof? Link?

The anwer...all government forms and documents should be in English only............

You need to think it through.

I have.....one language is how you can stop a lot of problems......different languages separate people and cause conflict, which is then exploited by politicians.....

My sister in law came here from Poland when she was 12...she didn't speak any English......the first year was rough..now she speaks English.........

Did I say you can't learn a second language?......I stated that all government documents and interactions would be conducted in English....English should also be the primary language in elementary school.....since we can't seem to even teach english to our kids........

And the immigrants coming from foreign countries aren't learning English....in this country...it isn't about how many languages they know....they can't speak English......

The anwer...all government forms and documents should be in English only............

I have.....one language is how you can stop a lot of problems......different languages separate people and cause conflict, which is then exploited by politicians..............

The only accurate part of that statement is that the politically motivated will attempt to exploit anything. America's linguistic diversity is one or our many strengths - always has been.

And the immigrants coming from foreign countries aren't learning English..........

Yes they are. In most cases it is highly likely that they are learning it more completely and successfully than you have ever learned anything.

I have.....one language is how you can stop a lot of problems......different languages separate people and cause conflict, which is then exploited by politicians.....

My sister in law came here from Poland when she was 12...she didn't speak any English......the first year was rough..now she speaks English.........

One language in America? Get real.
As far as I know lots of 2nd & 3rd generation kids like Asians and Hispanics are taking classes so they can speak their native language. Especially Filipinos and Vietnamese.

As far as I know lots of 2nd & 3rd generation kids like Asians and Hispanics are taking classes so they can speak their native language. Especially Filipinos and Vietnamese.

This is true, and not only among Filipino and Vietnamese immigrant families.

all government transactions need to be in English...they can speak whatever languages they want at home....but government documents and interactions should all be in English and English only should be the rule for the education system.....with other languages taught at the highschool level.....

all government transactions need to be in English.......but government documents and interactions should all be in English and English only should be the rule for the education system..........

5th and 14th Amendments

all government transactions need to be in English.......but government documents and interactions should all be in English and English only should be the rule for the education system..........

5th and 14th Amendments

Nope...they don't apply.......

... English only should be the rule for the education system.....with other languages taught at the highschool [sic] level.....

If you're talking about teaching a second language to native English-speaking students, we should start well before high school if we're going to bother at all.

... English only should be the rule for the education system.....with other languages taught at the highschool [sic] level.....

If you're talking about teaching a second language to native English-speaking students, we should start well before high school if we're going to bother at all.

As long as in all other classes English is the only language used......we can't teach english properly, how do you expect them to learn a second language when they aren't taught the first language?

5th and 14th Amendments

The courts disagree with you.

5th and 14th Amendments

The courts disagree with you.

The courts are wrong.

......we can't teach english [sic] properly, how do you expect them to learn a second language when they aren't taught the first language?

You misunderstand. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Forum List

Back