5yo shoots, kills 2yo = NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE

They said on the radio that the child was given the rifle LAST YEAR too. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter when or from whom the child got the gun,the parents left it in a corner where the child could get it. That gun should have been in a gun safe with such small children around or at least hidden,out of reach with a trigger lock on it. This sounds like negligence on the part of the parents.

Kentucky Shooting: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-Year-Old Sister, Police Say

Authorities in southern Kentucky say a 2-year-old girl has been accidentally shot and killed by her 5-year-old brother, who was playing with a .22-caliber rifle he received as a gift.

IMO, his parents should be charged with negligent homicide. Maybe if these idiot gun nuts had to actually pay for their stupidity, they just might consider that MORE FUCKING GUNS is not the answer.

Brain dead gun nutters here will say the parents will pay for their negligence and irresponsibility by the very fact that they caused this baby's death. Tell that to the 5yo and the dead 2yo.

Anyone wanna guess how many "accidental" shootings occur every year in Australia? Oh wait, their not stupid enough to worship at the alter of GUNS.

If the boy pushed his little sister into a pool and she drowned would you be all hard for charging the parents with homicide?

Not uless it could be shown that the parents were negligent in guarding the kids at the pool.

So there's a LOGIC behind why those two events are treated differently

Those children would rightly be playing near the pool. that is the point of having pools

But when is it EVER right for a 5 year old to have access to a gun, lad?

NOW, do you understand the difference?

So you want the federal government to ban all guns?

So you believe guns are appropriate Toys For Tots?

Given your avatar, I suspect you think this was a dandy gift for a 5yo.

You didn't answer my question?

I'll ask it another way.

Other than banning all guns is there some other law that would have prevented this incident and others like it?

Probably not.

Just not seeing why you guys need guns to start with.

Were they expecting that tot to take on the government?

IMO, his parents should be charged with negligent homicide. Maybe if these idiot gun nuts had to actually pay for their stupidity, they just might consider that MORE FUCKING GUNS is not the answer.

Brain dead gun nutters here will say the parents will pay for their negligence and irresponsibility by the very fact that they caused this baby's death. Tell that to the 5yo and the dead 2yo.

Anyone wanna guess how many "accidental" shootings occur every year in Australia? Oh wait, their not stupid enough to worship at the alter of GUNS.

If the boy pushed his little sister into a pool and she drowned would you be all hard for charging the parents with homicide?

Not uless it could be shown that the parents were negligent in guarding the kids at the pool.

it's not homicide no matter how you slice it. It's negligence period. This accident is the direct cause of the parent's failure.
So there's a LOGIC behind why those two events are treated differently

Negligence is negligence.

Those children would rightly be playing near the pool. that is the point of having pools

Not unsupervised. When is it ever right to leave a toddler alone by a pool?

But when is it EVER right for a 5 year old to have access to a gun, lad?

NOW, do you understand the difference?

It's perfectly fine to let a child use a gun under supervision.

As I have been trying to tell you people, the gun is not the issue here the poor parenting is.

It's perfectly fine to let a child use a gun under supervision.

Which clearly did not happen in this case

As I have been trying to tell you people, the gun is not the issue here the poor parenting is.

Who said otherwise? Certainly not me.

NEGLEGENCEis the issue at hand as noted by the thread's title

5yo shoots, kills 2yo = NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE

Authorities in southern Kentucky say a 2-year-old girl has been accidentally shot and killed by her 5-year-old brother, who was playing with a .22-caliber rifle he received as a gift.

What about when you arm a violent Mexican drug gang and they murder a US Border patrol officer?

Yo Frank.....picked me up one of these sweeties on Monday!!!!

1433291_02_taurus_circuit_judge_tactical__640.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Has "Circuit Judge" inscribed on the side of the barrel. Shoots 410 shotgun loads AND .45 LC's......light as a feather. Quite a good zombie in close quarters destroyer......especially with PDX-1 Defender 410 00 buck. Hoping to get to the range this Sunday.....although the ammo is more than $1.00/round so it can be an expensive day.

Gun nuts FTMFW!!!

I still hear the jackass arguments from the clueless left on arms like the AR-15 and magazines yada.....yada...........how the fuck does one grow up and obtain such a pronounced inability to connect the dots??!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back