$6.00 a gallon for gas in Florida

once again, you have shown your impeccable debating skills. that education system in NC musts be fantastic.

if you dont want to get HC, then just provide the government with a waiver, but also recognize that if you show up to the hospital and can not pay, then they should be able to refuse you services.

I will not provide them with nothing, nor money.
so youve put it in writing, if you agree not to purchase health care, and you have a heart attack you wont call 911 and go to the hospital unless you pre pay them for that services? or if you fall and break your leg you wont get services? or if you have a stroke, no services either?

AWESOME!!!! i wont have to subsidize your health insurance anymore.

No I will not. You haven't subsidized anything for me.

FWIW, I'd be surprised if there isn't an AG investigation into price-gouging based upon these reports. Happens all the time down here. Part of living in Florida, I've realized.

You realize you're talking about Eric Holder, right?!

:lol:

No, dear. I was talking about Pam Bondi...OUR AG in Florida. Price gouging is within her purview to prosecute, and Florida AG's have historically done so.

Florida Attorney General - Home Page

Ok....sorry
:cool:

Pam is HAWT!!
:eusa_drool:

I'm not so sure it's "gouging" though.
They're not taking advantage of of an emergency, i.e hurricane, etc...

They're simply pricing their product at a level that particular market can support.
Just like you'd pay $2.25 for a vending machine soda in that area.

No - Why isn't Exxon pumping enough Iraqi oil to keep the gas down around $2?

I think we are still providing gas to the Iraqi at around $2 or less.
That must be what they decided the Iraqi economy could support. That's not fair trade, and the U.S. taxpayer is subsidizing Iraqis getting their own gas! I do not believe the Iraqis refine their own crude. I am not positive, though. So it has to leave the country as oil and come back to them as gas, on our dime.

We were hauling it from Kuait and paying more for it than we sold it to the Iraqi's. Not sure if that is still going on or not. I expect it is though.

so youve put it in writing, if you agree not to purchase health care, and you have a heart attack you wont call 911 and go to the hospital unless you pre pay them for that services? or if you fall and break your leg you wont get services? or if you have a stroke, no services either?

so no federal dollars were spent on the highways you drive on?
And btw I paid tax in NC for about a decade.

also all veterans benefits are taxpayer paid for.

He hasn't subsidized anything for me. So don't start using strawman talking points.

I'm not so sure it's "gouging" though.
They're not taking advantage of of an emergency, i.e hurricane, etc...

They're simply pricing their product at a level that particular market can support.
Just like you'd pay $2.25 for a vending machine soda in that area.

It may be argued that they are taking advantage of the Iran rumors, etc.

i wonder if, since the economy is showing slight signs of life, if the republican candidates will forget about attacking the democrats on the economy and just go after gas prices.

explain to the world how health insurance works mr genuis......... and then tell me your health care costs arent subsidized by the other people who pay for their policies..

explain to the world how health insurance works mr genuis......... and then tell me your health care costs arent subsidized by the other people who pay for their policies..

Years ago my second wife had a miscarriage, I didn't have coverage I paid for the hospital stay out of my own pocket. Shot's your argument is the foot.

Years ago my second wife had a miscarriage, I didn't have coverage I paid for the hospital stay out of my own pocket. Shot's your argument is the foot.
this didnt shoot my argument in the foot, you paid for the cost out of pocket. so good for you, now what about all those other people who do not and skate on the bills? do you get to be the one who overrides The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor (EMTALA) Act mandates (that everybody must be seen and STABILIZED, without regard for ability to pay.) and says if you cant pay you dont get services?

and again explain how insurance works, and how you are not subsidized by the other subscribers.....
health, life, car, home owners, they are all built on the same principle.

this didnt shoot my argument in the foot, you paid for the cost out of pocket. so good for you, now what about all those other people who do not and skate on the bills? do you get to be the one who overrides The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor (EMTALA) Act mandates (that everybody must be seen and STABILIZED, without regard for ability to pay.) and says if you cant pay you dont get services?

and again explain how insurance works, and how you are not subsidized by the other subscribers.....
health, life, car, home owners, they are all built on the same principle.

It's called personal responsibility maybe you should try it.

He hasn't subsidized anything for me. So don't start using strawman talking points.

he does not pay federal taxes?
You have not benefited at all from federal taxes?

You got no vaccinations in school?
Polio vaccine?
Education, School lunches? Did you think you could buy all that food for what they charged you?

Last edited:

Polio vaccine?
Education, School lunches? Did you think you could buy all that food for what they charged you?
Does he?

You act as if I don't pay taxes and he does. Well I do maybe he does.

I'm surprised no one has said this already, but it takes someone who lives in Orlando, which is only a few miles from Lake Buena Vista to bring this to light.

Lake Buena Vista is a town that grew up around Walt Disney World. The one station in question is selling gas a $5.98/gal. It is a station on Disney property and has always had exorbitant prices to bilk the tourists.

Here, only a 10 minute drive from there, I pay about $3.65/gal.

Polio vaccine?
Does he?

You act as if I don't pay taxes and he does. Well I do maybe he does.

Most red states get more back from federal taxes than they pay in.

You cannot deny benefiting from federal taxes.

why would gas be more expensive in Tampa verses Ocala? looks like price GOUGING to me....

I'm surprised no one has said this already, but it takes someone who lives in Orlando, which is only a few miles from Lake Buena Vista to bring this to light.

Lake Buena Vista is a town that grew up around Walt Disney World. The one station in question is selling gas a $5.98/gal. It is a station on Disney property and has always had exorbitant prices to bilk the tourists.

Here, only a 10 minute drive from there, I pay about $3.65/gal.

Context is such an important thing.

Forum List

Back