6 Proofs That God Exists

I'm still not an atheist.
No one is an ‘atheist.’

It’s a pejorative term contrived by believers intended to relegate those free from religion to be the ‘aberration,’ that they reject the ‘fact’ that ‘god’ exists, and that religious is the ‘norm.’

The fact is that religion and ‘god’ are recent contrivances of man, the actual aberration.

By the word of the Lord
It is a firm Jewish belief that words have power. The verse could have very easily been translated as, "By the power of the Lord..." Word's have power...and God spoke, "Light" and there was light. Amazing to contemplate.

Well let me assure you that all the words in the bible are supported by nothing but ignorance. Myths a and lies.
Contemplating that is not so amazing.

I'm still not an atheist.
No one is an ‘atheist.’

It’s a pejorative term contrived by believers intended to relegate those free from religion to be the ‘aberration,’ that they reject the ‘fact’ that ‘god’ exists, and that religious is the ‘norm.’

The fact is that religion and ‘god’ are recent contrivances of man, the actual aberration.

Well, an atheist is someone who BELIEVES there is no God. So, there are atheists.

The simple fact of "believing" something, is the important part here.

Red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, the First Law of Thermodynamics, the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Inflation Theory say otherwise.
they've gone delusional over the most remote possibility of all - sortof fits their profile, to make real what is obviously false.

View attachment 495697
nothing new there -
This extremely dense point exploded with unimaginable force ...
only proves there has never been a time matter or energy have not existed ... also they left out - the cyclical nature of the bb.
That's the stupidest logic ever.

The "you" wasn't the "Meriweather" you it was the "one" you.
I am not sure of what you mean or how you see this.

What I mean that it wasn't me, is that I did not have the inward ability to do something. I couldn't get all the pieces to come together. There was knowledge I did not have. Or perhaps a better analogy might be I wanted to grow something, but the soil not only wasn't prepared, it wasn't right. The "plant" I wanted to bloom wasn't in my "Plant Hardiness Zone".

What you may be calling 'one', is might be something I identify as "Spirit to spirit." Outside--or other--assistance was needed.

What is there to understanding about myths and lies?
The first thing to understand is that Biblical accounts are about teaching a principled value in a story form. In the beginning, people didn't read or write these stories, they told them in memorable ways. People listened.

By the word of the Lord
It is a firm Jewish belief that words have power. The verse could have very easily been translated as, "By the power of the Lord..." Word's have power...and God spoke, "Light" and there was light. Amazing to contemplate.
There is no reason to unquestioningly accept “the gods spoke…”

It was authors unknown who wrote, “the gods spoke… “

Then you chime in with pathetic delusional justifications to destroy young lives with threatened torture and eternal fire.
Is that what is not understood?
It's you who don't understand. Go away.
I think I do. It is pure guess, but I can't help but picture you being taught, perhaps even forced to believe, that every word in the Bible is literally true. Only a minority of Christians have that view, and some cannot even seem to envision anyone having that non-literal understanding of the Bible the majority of Christians and Jews have.

To me you seem horribly afraid of being dragged back into the Bible and religion. In the extremely unlikely event you are dragged back, it won't be by me. We weren't raised the same way or, for all practical purposes, with the same Biblical books.

Psst! There have always been atheists in my family. Haven't converted one yet. But then, as they are wonderful just as they are, I haven't put any effort into it either. Jesus taught that those who are not sick do not need a physician. With that in mind, you may not wish to take my physician away from me. ;)

Yes. From the original writers' and original audiences' perspectives, words have great power.

Yes. From the original writers' and original audiences' perspectives, words have great power.
So, when you wrote, “The first thing to understand is that Biblical accounts are about teaching a principled value in a story form”, we are to understand that those accounts are not necessarily true, accurate, reliable or connected with the thoughts, directions, commandments of any gods. They’re stories written by “original authors” who are largely unknown, without any authority from any gods.

Is that about right?

So, when you wrote, “The first thing to understand is that Biblical accounts are about teaching a principled value in a story form”, we are to understand that those accounts are not necessarily true, accurate, reliable or connected with the thoughts, directions, commandments of any gods. They’re stories written by “original authors” who are largely unknown, without any authority from any gods.

Is that about right?
No. But it was a great "Gotcha" attempt. :)

Is that about right?
No. But it was a great "Gotcha" attempt. :)
Thanks. That was a great “but… but… but… but…what’s for lunch”

That was a great
Yes, it was. ;)

I enjoyed your broad brush. You can argue that I said that in the Bible, the word 'sun' doesn't really mean sun and the word 'light' really doesn't mean light. We both know that was not the author's (in this case my) intent. Now, if you wish, we can take an entire Biblical story and break it down we can dissect my point. But I have a feeling doing that isn't on your mind.

Hollie's only desire and intention is to subordinate religion and faith in God. She has no desire for honest debate. She's on a mission.

That was a great
Yes, it was. ;)

I enjoyed your broad brush. You can argue that I said that in the Bible, the word 'sun' doesn't really mean sun and the word 'light' really doesn't mean light. We both know that was not the author's (in this case my) intent. Now, if you wish, we can take an entire Biblical story and break it down we can dissect my point. But I have a feeling doing that isn't on your mind.
Mine was not a broad brush. I quoted your comments and addressed them in specific terms.

Within these threads, there are various believers who, within incremental steps, will insist they know with 100% certainty and possessing 0% facts that their individual understanding of Gods and the Bible leads them to know that Gods and the Bible range everywhere from being literally true, to kinda, sorta’ true, to mostly true but you have to know the real parts from the not so real parts, to the “The first thing to understand is that Biblical accounts are about teaching a principled value in a story form”, meaning none of it is true.

Hollie's only desire and intention is to subordinate religion and faith in God. She has no desire for honest debate. She's on a mission.
Hollie's fine. In this case, she was taking a poke at me, not at religion. It tickled!

Hollie's fine. In this case, she was taking a poke at me, not at religion. It tickled!
Not true. Not poking at you. Questioning the ideology is not personal. A legitimate question is ask is, “with such a variance of believers, believing such a variance of interpretations of Biblical tales, why should the non-believer accept any of it”?

Why should anyone accept your interpretation vs, that of a literalist?

Forum List

Back