60 Minutes' expose on voters' manipulation in 2016...and Obama's weak response to the threat.

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Last night, 60 Minutes had a very interesting (and alarming) expose' on how Russia manipulated voters' confidence in our electoral sanctity by easily hacking into our voters' data base.

According to the report, It all started in Illinois and Arizona. IT experts in those states noticed a pronounced slow-down when accessing their respective states' data base.....and the FBI's weak response to such hacking for two main reasons. First, a reluctance by states to yield jurisdiction to a federal entity since elections are the privy of states, and, Second, Obama's fears of appearing "partisan" in announcing that the electoral processes had been compromised by a foreign entity....Russia......that seemed biased toward undermining Clinton and preferring Trump as the presidential choice.......By the somewhat lame response by the Obama administration just days before the election, the damage had already been done.

Although it does not seem that any votes had been manipulated, the hacking DID create havoc in some selected voting stations in stalling the process.

Bottom line is this:

Blame can be rightfully be placed on the Obama administration for its lame response...BUT, even more important, the Trump administration and the republican led congress...............fearing the de-legitimatizing of the 2016 election..... has chosen to do NOTHING to prevent future interference in the upcoming midterms.

How does a slowdown in accessing a state voter database constitute "manipulation by Russia"? It's true that Hussein's response was so limited to the point of possibly supporting Russia's alleged "manipulation" but in reality the electoral process was not impacted. It comes close to the definition of insanity when lefties cling to the idea that the results of the election are invalid.

To tell you the truth, even before Mueller gets around to it...there really was no manipulation, each person can make up their minds by what a candidate says during the campaign season to make a choice...As far as Trump and co. screwing around with the wrong folks to make shady deals, that's probable....

Bottom line is this: Blame can be rightfully be placed on the Obama administration for its lame response...BUT, even more important, the Trump administration and the republican led congress...............fearing the de-legitimatizing of the 2016 election..... has chosen to do NOTHING to prevent future interference in the upcoming midterms.

Bottom line is this: I STILL haven't seen ONE PERSON whose vote was actually changed by Russia! And just what should Trump do to prevent Russia from a repeat when the best ITs in the world can't keep hackers out of anything from the Pentagon to Walmart, Amazon and everywhere else? And how do you persuade a Senate to act when you can't even get them together on Healthcare? I haven't exactly heard Pelosi or Schumer screaming about not being able to get a consensus with the GOP on stopping Russia's snooping. Or has my news stopping working?

And still, Putin has never admitted to doing a thing . . . .

Last night, 60 Minutes had a very interesting (and alarming) expose' on how Russia manipulated voters' confidence in our electoral sanctity by easily hacking into our voters' data base.

According to the report, It all started in Illinois and Arizona. IT experts in those states noticed a pronounced slow-down when accessing their respective states' data base.....and the FBI's weak response to such hacking for two main reasons. First, a reluctance by states to yield jurisdiction to a federal entity since elections are the privy of states, and, Second, Obama's fears of appearing "partisan" in announcing that the electoral processes had been compromised by a foreign entity....Russia......that seemed biased toward undermining Clinton and preferring Trump as the presidential choice.......By the somewhat lame response by the Obama administration just days before the election, the damage had already been done.

Although it does not seem that any votes had been manipulated, the hacking DID create havoc in some selected voting stations in stalling the process.

Bottom line is this:

Blame can be rightfully be placed on the Obama administration for its lame response...BUT, even more important, the Trump administration and the republican led congress...............fearing the de-legitimatizing of the 2016 election..... has chosen to do NOTHING to prevent future interference in the upcoming midterms.

Jake, show us on the doll where Putin touched you to make you flip your vote.

Bottom line is this: I STILL haven't seen ONE PERSON whose vote was actually changed by Russia!

To aid in your fucked up, 3rd grade reading comprehension, let me RE-POST what I stated at the beginning of the thread:

I decided to vote third party because a Russian space ship orbited over my house and hacked my computer and entered fake data into my computer and every time I opened my laptop, the start up screen subliminally told me not to vote for two really bad candidates, vote third party. Those damn Russians!

How many people must be impeached before Hillary is restored to her rightful place in the White House?

Bottom line is this:

Tell the class exactly what Trump and congress should do when they have no authority over State election data bases. They've already offered IT expertise, what else can they do?

How does a slowdown in accessing a state voter database constitute "manipulation by Russia"? It's true that Hussein's response was so limited to the point of possibly supporting Russia's alleged "manipulation" but in reality the electoral process was not impacted. It comes close to the definition of insanity when lefties cling to the idea that the results of the election are invalid.
How does a slowdown in accessing a state voter database constitute "manipulation by Russia"?

Because,

TRUMP!!!

Bottom line is this: I STILL haven't seen ONE PERSON whose vote was actually changed by Russia!

To aid in your fucked up, 3rd grade reading comprehension, let me RE-POST what I stated at the beginning of the thread:

They are very slow seeing as how we've explained this about eleventy-berzillion times.

Yep, and if Putin had wanted to mess with voter rolls - his hackers could have done so in several states. And nobody can tell me that tens of millions of views of fake news stories generated by Poot's troll farm, or the hacked and strategically leaked emails didn't have an influence.

200 million bucks funded to stop future election hacking - ZERO dollars spent - NO cabinet meetings - NO instructions given to Intel and law enforcement hearts - NOTHING

Sad :(

This line of reasoning assumes the average voter is so fucking dim-witted that he or she is vulnerable to even minor forms of propaganda and/or manipulation.

This line of reasoning is the foundation for a Statist crackdown on free speech. You watch.

The funny part of this whole diatribe, is Hillary got the most votes.

Trump won on a technicality

Tell the class exactly what Trump and congress should do when they have no authority over State election data bases. They've already offered IT expertise, what else can they do?

What else can they do??

First, the Trump administration and republican congress OPENLY acknowledge that states' voter data bases are susceptible to foreign hacking....

Second, OPENLY report states who refuse help in curtailing the hacking

Third, severely warn Russia that such hacking is an open ATTACK on our sovereignty and that such attacks will precipitate the expulsion of Russian diplomats, the permanent banning of visas to Russian oligarchs, and that we will impose further sanctions on Russian interests (such as money laundering by purchasing real estate) within U.S. soil.

Fourth, that any American participating in such foreign hacking will be treated as a treasonous act against the U.S.

The funny part of this whole diatribe, is Hillary got the most votes.

Trump won on a technicality

Tap into whatever brain cells you may have left and openly conclude that we are not debating the EFFICACY of the hacking, but the ATTEMPTS to manipulate our voters' data bases.....for example, the FBI reported that a couple of numbers in voters' addresses were altered, causing delays at the polling stations.

First, the Trump administration and republican congress OPENLY acknowledge that states' voter data bases are susceptible to foreign hacking....
I thought they already did that. And, their attempts to look into the data was met with resistance from States.

See above.

Third, severely warn Russia that such hacking is an open ATTACK on our sovereignty and that such attacks will precipitate the expulsion of Russian diplomats, the permanent banning of visas to Russian oligarchs, and that we will impose further sanctions on Russian interests (such as money laundering by purchasing real estate) within U.S. soil.
Severely warning is what Obama did, and what Trump did to NK. It is not effective.

Fourth, that any American participating in such foreign hacking will be treated as a treasonous act against the U.S.
I have no problem with that. Any American participating in hacking or helping a foreign power hack our elections, or otherwise assist foreigners to effect our elections should be tried for treason. That includes people who help illegals vote. Laws like the one in California that automatically registers to vote illegals who are granted a DL should be struck down as unconstitutional.

All states that fail to check identification at the polls should also be held accountable. This is not just a Russia problem.

Lol. They even admitted there was no manipulation. Funny stuff. O tried to overthrow and harass the outcome of several elections.

What else can they do??

Beside the point...

for months, lightweight lefties have claimed Trump won because Russia hacked the election...

conveniently forgetting Hillary had the majority of votes

Forum List

Back