60% of America agrees with Republicans that spending cuts must come with raising the debt ceiling.

That would mean we'd probably have to give every politician the chair. So why don't we just back the candidates who propose cutting spending? That's a no brainer.

I'm happy to do that. But so far, cutting spending is just a campaign promise.

Social security and Medicare cuts are off the table....as it has to be. Cut stuff that helps business.

Here is what I'd give the GOP if I was president
1. I'd reduce Military spending back to 2018 levels.
2. I'd end funding for the Ukraine war. It is time for Europe to carry the fucking weight! America has spent enough.
3. I'd end all foreign aid
4. I'd close at least 2 bases oversea's.
5. Back to 2018 on funding for ice/border protections
6. 10% reduction on federal funding for police.
7. 10% across the board pay cut to all members of congress!
8. 10% reduction in funding for FDA. Hell, I'd just legalize all drugs and hand everything to the states. I'd agree with the small government members of congress on this.
9. End all enforcement against pot at the federal level. Wipe out the budget for it.
10. Kill off immigrant busing programs

We don't owe the world a damn thing. We need to make sure we take care of Americans and since cuts are so important then this is on the chopping block. I'd continue to fund ssi, ssd and programs that help our people and that is what we must do. I'd rather default right off then allow this crap to happen to our people.

They won't if the stock market tanks

The market is already tanking, and in the worst way.

If it drops huge amounts in one day, they will take action to stop the catastrophe.
If it is a slow slide downward, no single event is the issue to fix.

Here is what I'd give the GOP if I was president
2. I'd end funding for the Ukraine war. It is time for Europe to carry the fucking weight! America has spent enough.
8. 10% reduction in funding for FDA. Hell, I'd just legalize all drugs and hand everything to the states. I'd agree with the small government members of congress on this.
9. End all enforcement against pot at the federal level. Wipe out the budget for it.

We don't owe the world a damn thing. We need to make sure we take care of Americans and since cuts are so important then this is on the chopping block. I'd continue to fund ssi, ssd and programs that help our people and that is what we must do. I'd rather default right off then allow this crap to happen to our people.

I'd reduce the Dept of Defense budget by 1/3. If we close a couple of bases and quit playing "World Cop", there would be plenty of money for defense.
There is some aid I would maintain. Millions of people depend on parts of it for their survival.
10% pay cut and require them to report every single dime they earn or are given, on penalty of prison.
I wouldn't end the FDA. I would make certain drugs legal, and tax the shit out of them.
I totally agree with this.
That whole thing is such a petty joke.

The market is already tanking, and in the worst way.

No it's not.

If it drops huge amounts in one day, they will take action to stop the catastrophe.
If it is a slow slide downward, no single event is the issue to fix.

Failing to resolve this by the x-date would probably push us into a recession. We'd still try to make sure that the debt gets serviced, but the treasury would have to wait until there's $ in its general account. Very unpredictable situation. Once bonds and equities wake up to this brave new world, it would be bad.

No it's not.

Failing to resolve this by the x-date would probably push us into a recession. We'd still try to make sure that the debt gets serviced, but the treasury would have to wait until there's $ in its general account. Very unpredictable situation. Once bonds and equities wake up to this brave new world, it would be bad.

Every time they have to raise the debt ceiling there is a big show. But they raise it. They have raised it every time, regardless of who is in office.

Every time they have to raise the debt ceiling there is a big show. But they raise it. They have raised it every time, regardless of who is in office.

I'm not sure it happens this time. They'll raise it, but I'm not sure they do it before the damage is done. Although I blame Republitards more, Demotards are not completely blameless either.

For once, the GQP probably does have a point: if you run out of cash in the middle of the fucken year...that might be a spending problem. And I hate the fucken GQP, but facts is facts.

But they should still raise the debt ceiling now, with the proviso that the spending problem gets resolved later in the year when the budget comes up. GQP should also agree to reverse the Trump tax cuts. They won't. Dems know that, and that's why they won't budge either.

Elections have consequences, folks.

But yet the same goddamn poll say that these people want
More funding for education
More funding for SSI
More funding for the poor
More funding for infrastructure
etc

Lets not cut things that help Americans...Lets instead cut shit like the military and aid programs for other countries.

Forum List

Back