67 Years young-RIP Mr. Newman RIP...

Thanks for the memories. I loved Roger Kaputnik in the Lighter Side Of. The innocence of youth when I tried to laugh. MAD magazine was a staple on allowance day.

RIP
Remember the famous Volkswagen ad? At the time, only MAD had the chutzpah!

I don't remember, I was probably too busy folding the back page for the cryptic picture. :)

Thanks for the memories. I loved Roger Kaputnik in the Lighter Side Of. The innocence of youth when I tried to laugh. MAD magazine was a staple on allowance day.

RIP

I don't remember, I was probably too busy folding the back page for the cryptic picture. :)
The ad showed a 70s style VW floating in a canal (emphasizing that it floats), and the blurb said "If Ted Kennedy had driven a one of these, he'd be President today!"

RIP

The ad showed a 70s style VW floating in a canal (emphasizing that it floats), and the blurb said "If Ted Kennedy had driven a one of these, he'd be President today!"

6a00d834515db069e20115714e8332970b-800wi

This may be unusual, but I’ve never once read or even looked in to a Mad Magazine

I loved Mad Magazine. My grandmother had years' worth stored in a spare room. My siblings and I would stay up late reading them when we visited her - it was so much fun. Sad to see its demise.

When I was in high school there was a kid who looked just like A. E. Newman.

A sad casualty of todays politically correct bullcrap.

Mad magazine may very well have been a super fertilizer for my latent political interests... 1963 through 1968 Mad Magazine was my drug of choice...

I loved MAD as a kid. I loved the movie satires. Later in life, I could see part of a movie I'd never seen before and recognize it from the satirization.

Thanks for the laughs to the Usual Gang of Idiots.

Forum List

Back