7000-1. Guess Who Won

A lot of cites have sign size ordnances. I have been to a lot where the Golden Arches had to be small.

Would you feel the same if a person in the house next to you painted a huge mural on the side of their house honoring Che or Mao or maybe they are wiccans and paint a huge pentagram on the house?
That is advertising. Not applicable in this case.

I suspect that if the house next to mine painted a giant piece of "artwork" depicting this I would be happy for such rules.

View attachment 583044

I've walked by Fuck Trump flags, "Fuck Biden" flags, murals showing Trump being hung in Williamsburg, all sorts of shit. Tacky houses by the hundreds.

The City in this case was wrong, and is now being called for it.

are you kidding or lying??

everyone complains about the government telling them how or what they can do,,

well maybe everyone but useful idiots like you,,

Find a thread on here of people whining because McDonalds was forced to keep their sign to a smaller size.

I will be happy to wait while you look

I've walked by Fuck Trump flags, "Fuck Biden" flags, murals showing Trump being hung in Williamsburg, all sorts of shit. Tacky houses by the hundreds.

The City in this case was wrong, and is now being called for it.

Where the hell do you live?

It isn't involved in advertisement, or identification. It's a work of art.

Again, there is nothing wrong with a PAC reviewing art placed on public property, they have not right to have a say about private property.

The slow increase in regulations like this is nothing new, and is just another example of nanny state bullshit.

Fire codes are one thing, some asshole having the right to deny artwork on private property because of their own views and opinions is something else.
I’d encourage them to take it to court and have the codes declared unconstitutional if that is their tact.

But my guess is that they’ll probably lose.

This isn’t about content, so it’s not really a free speech issue since it applies equally regardless about content.

My personal opinion is that onerous building codes are stupid and I don’t support them. But my personal opinion doesn’t determine what is and isn’t allowed in building codes in communities. Don’t want trouble? Follow the rules. Don’t like the rules? Take them to court or fight to change them. You don’t just get to ignore them and play the victim.

Find a thread on here of people whining because McDonalds was forced to keep their sign to a smaller size.

I will be happy to wait while you look
so you lied then,, got it,,

of course you could be just a useful idiot trying to spin out of your lunatic comment,,

so you lied then,, got it,,

of course you could be just a useful idiot trying to spin out of your lunatic comment,,

Once again, find a thread on here of people whining because McDonalds was forced to keep their sign to a smaller size.

Then you can accuse me of lying. I have never in my life known anyone that whined about the golden arches being too small due to city rules.

I’d encourage them to take it to court and have the codes declared unconstitutional if that is their tact.

But my guess is that they’ll probably lose.

This isn’t about content, so it’s not really a free speech issue since it applies equally regardless about content.

My personal opinion is that onerous building codes are stupid and I don’t support them. But my personal opinion doesn’t determine what is and isn’t allowed in building codes in communities. Don’t want trouble? Follow the rules. Don’t like the rules? Take them to court or fight to change them. You don’t just get to ignore them and play the victim.

Building codes were originally fire codes, which were for the safety of responders, as well as a way of assuring future buyers that the houses were of sound condition.

Now they are used for shit like this, as well as dumb stuff like banning gas connections for cooking in new construction.

Give a progressive an inch, they take a mile, and the insult you for wanting something that makes your life better.

Once again, find a thread on here of people whining because McDonalds was forced to keep their sign to a smaller size.

Then you can accuse me of lying. I have never in my life known anyone that whined about the golden arches being too small due to city rules.
are you trying to tell me there are no threads on government over reach on this forum??

I sure hope not,,

The point is that some of these "rules" most people are fine with.

A McDonald's sign is an advertisement, it's not an expression of private speech which is the case with the mural.

It's amazing how reflexive being anti-american is for people on the left, or Nevertrumpers.

If Banksy had drawn a giant penis on that wall without the permission of the owner ... the city would be declaring it a historic landmark and selling admission to view it.

Only if it were attached to a black tranny holding a BLM flag and a white man on his knees with it in his mouth.

Forum List

Back