7000-1. Guess Who Won

Everyone has some hypocrisy. It’s hypocrisy to call out someone else’s hypocrisy when you too have your own hypocrisy.

It’s hypocrisy all the way down.

Im not being hypocritical here. I’ve already stated I’m very against these limiting building codes. But I’m also kind of for following the rules. Are you guys for following rules or do you think we should pick and choose which ones we care about?
you do when BLM and antifa are burning shit down, pretty sure against the rules.

Here is a more acccurate story on the Salem mural story.

Based on that link the City has not levied any fines or orders of removal.

The problem is Valley Roofing, the company that owns the building, is not the only violator of the law:

"At this time, we are working with several other property owners and businesses who also have unpermitted wall signs on their buildings," they said. "In each case, we are helping the property owners navigate the best route forward through the sign code or public mural process, based on the size of other signage which is currently in violation of Salem Revised Code.”

Despite the hyper partisan nature of the OP, the City of Salem is working with these businesses to rectify non-compliance.

Obviously Salem is in a jam here regarding equal application of the law. If they allow the Iwo Jima mural but disallow the others they will be sued for selective enforcement.

This is a typical municipal type dispute. It will be resolved.

Needs a permit.
CNN-Mostly-Peaceful.jpg

That wasn't responding to my question.

You were trying to show there wasn't a partisan aspect to all this nanny state code bullshit. That is obviously false.

Another good example is places like California and NY banning ICE vehicles from being sold after 2035. Any Red State doing that?
I have no idea what the answer to your question is and you know it. I also have no idea what the relevance is.

You’re picking out things from blue states that I don’t deny they’re doing. The thing you’re overlooking is that I’m not making this a partisan issue. I’ve already stated it’s done by both sides.

you do when BLM and antifa are burning shit down, pretty sure against the rules.
Yes. Against the rules. Also arrest and charged for violating such rules.

You guys are very knee jerk. Like, every five minutes you have to bring up riots from 2020.

Here's the woman who wrote the story ... KAY SMYTHE
You are free to contact her at the link provided if you would like to call her a liar.

I'll ik

You guys are very knee jerk. Like, every five minutes you have to bring up riots from 2020.

Like the left brings up Jan 6 every five mins

I have no idea what the answer to your question is and you know it. I also have no idea what the relevance is.

You’re picking out things from blue states that I don’t deny they’re doing. The thing you’re overlooking is that I’m not making this a partisan issue. I’ve already stated it’s done by both sides.

It is a partisan issue whether you like it or not.

Here is a more acccurate story on the Salem mural story.

Based on that link the City has not levied any fines or orders of removal.

The problem is Valley Roofing, the company that owns the building, is not the only violator of the law:

"At this time, we are working with several other property owners and businesses who also have unpermitted wall signs on their buildings," they said. "In each case, we are helping the property owners navigate the best route forward through the sign code or public mural process, based on the size of other signage which is currently in violation of Salem Revised Code.”

Despite the hyper partisan nature of the OP, the City of Salem is working with these businesses to rectify non-compliance.

Obviously Salem is in a jam here regarding equal application of the law. If they allow the Iwo Jima mural but disallow the others they will be sued for selective enforcement.

This is a typical municipal type dispute. It will be resolved.

There is nothing hyper-partisan about the OP, unless you want to be hyper-partisan.
The only information the alternative source added to the context of the discussion was the canned response from the authorities.

They left out the part where murals have to be permitted before they can be painted on buildings. Or that no one insisted it be taken down.

City officials contested this claim.

“This mural is a beautiful way to honor and recognize this significant moment in our history, and the sacrifices made by our veterans and their families," officials said in a statement.

"The reason for the code compliance contact is due to the fact that the mural was produced without an application to the Salem Public Arts Commission," Salem Public Works spokesman Trevor Smith said. "Since it hasn’t been established as public art through that process, it is considered a large wall sign per the city’s code. Our sign code is concerned with the size, location, and construction of signage, not what the sign says or how it is portrayed."
We need your cities removed from existence. Then we all will move on.

Oh, yeah. Those pesky little riots that you leftist monsters just want everyone to forget about. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: Not fucking happening.

RUSSIA

eat it.
This is another one of those instances where you think you’re “counter trolling” despite the fact that I’m not trolling in this thread.

You’re not counter trolling. You’re just trolling.

Only in your fantasy world where you and other conservatives are always victims.

Again, show me where Red States are banning ICE engines, banning new gas connections for cooking, and banning gas leaf bowers/lawn mowers.

It's all part of the same Nanny State bullshit.

Again, show me where Red States are banning ICE engines, banning new gas connections for cooking, and banning gas leaf bowers/lawn mowers.

It's all part of the same Nanny State bullshit.
I don’t think I can. But I don’t see why that matters.

As I stated before, red states have no problems enforcing rules on property owners regarding signage.

This is another one of those instances where you think you’re “counter trolling” despite the fact that I’m not trolling in this thread.

You’re not counter trolling. You’re just trolling.
it answered your statement just fine.

you are whining and attacking "the other side" and I'm simply not taking the bait and letting you drive in circles.

you are a 1 sided bitch with zero desire to discuss issues.

I don’t think I can. But I don’t see why that matters.

As I stated before, red states have no problems enforcing rules on property owners regarding signage.

This wasn't signage, this was a patriotic mural that somehow needed a PUBLIC Arts commission approval even though it was on PRIVATE property.

It's all the same shit.

it answered your statement just fine.

you are whining and attacking "the other side" and I'm simply not taking the bait and letting you drive in circles.

you are a 1 sided bitch with zero desire to discuss issues.
I’m not baiting you. You replied to me by trolling.

I’m the one discussing the issue. Not you.

Forum List

Back