75 Year Old Substitute Teacher Punched By Student

Very common in the schools. Kids don't get charged when they assault teachers and/or other kids, when in anywhere outside of school, police would be called and charges brought.

We are picking needles out of haystacks when we obsess about gender/DEI stuff in school and do not fixate on student behavior. It's such a crisis that teachers cite it as the biggest reason for leaving the profession--so much so that it beats all other reasons COMBINED--pay, workload, etc.

It's not right. No teacher should go to work worrying about a student assaulting them.

Expell the thug and prosecute

"Mainstreaming special ed (needs) kids back into the classroom" didn't work when I was in school in the 1950's. All they did was disrupt the whole class until they were finally removed. Have they learned nothing?
ALL students deserve an education.

Not all special needs kids are disruptive, but even kids that aren't disruptive can drag a class down as they suck up attention needed by others.

That's why I was in special education classes so I didn't slow the others down and everybody in my class was at about the same speed I was mentally or slower.

That's why I was in special education classes so I didn't slow the others down and everybody in my class was at about the same speed I was mentally or slower.
I should have been in special ed as I was never sure what my teachers wanted me to learn, except for math of course. I often felt like a dog that didn't know what hoops to jump through. I was always led to believe that one must 'study hard' to get good grades. I often got B's in classes that were supposed to be difficult. I not only wondered why I got a good grade but I wondered what in the hell did I actually learn.

Last edited:
I should have been in special ed as I was never sure what my teachers wanted me to learn, except for math of course. I often felt like a dog that didn't know what hoops to jump through.

You mean,.. you're sort of like me?

Does anybody else find it strange that we don't know the race of the student? Hmmm,... I wonder if there's a reason for that. 🤔

What differance does the race of student or teacher make?
Students have been hitting teachers since time began.

What differance does the race of student or teacher make?
Students have been hitting teachers since time began.

The difference is if he was white, they probably would have said something about it or show his picture.

Not all special needs kids are disruptive, but even kids that aren't disruptive can drag a class down as they suck up attention needed by others.
ALL students deserve an education. When you were a kid some other students were smarter than you. Were YOU just "sucking up attention" needed by others?

Why hasn't the punk been charged is my question
(1) I read about this elsewhere.

(2) The victim reportedly asked the police to arrest the young gentleman for beating the blank out of him.

(3) Supposedly the cops replied that they had been ordered NOT to arrest the dear sweet little child.

(4) PLEASE: if you know a young person who is thinking about becoming a teacher in an urban public school, strongly advise him/her NOT to. (Senator Biden once correctly described such schools.)

Forum List

Back