76% of GOP now 'conservative,' pick Cruz for 2016 nomination

I know you guys believe this. But I am asking you to prove it. Can you cite any academic study that supports your claim?

None that you would accept because you wouldn't accept any to start with.

I am very open to proof. Try me.

8 seconds with google.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

These are just a few of the surprising findings from a UCLA-led study, which is believed to be the first successful attempt at objectively quantifying bias in a range of media outlets and ranking them accordingly.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

Not for Daveman and Tinydancer.

They've already hitched their wagon to this guy. :lol:

The teaparty is so desperate for a candidate, they're ready to accept just about anything at this point.

Ted Cruz.......Rand Paul
Rand Paul.......Ted Cruz

TeaTards.....the gift that keeps on giving

They have to have at least one viable TeaTard out there somewhere. Are you sure they searched under each and every rock for one?

None that you would accept because you wouldn't accept any to start with.

8 seconds with google.

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

These are just a few of the surprising findings from a UCLA-led study, which is believed to be the first successful attempt at objectively quantifying bias in a range of media outlets and ranking them accordingly.

Did ou read that report?

I found the measurements to be interesting and some of the sources he called biased to the left....to be odd. Drudge? Liberal?

The guy also wrote a book.

Here is a critique ofbthenoriginal study:

http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/2005/12/the_problems_wi.html

And a critique of his book:

http://themonkeycage.org/2011/07/29/thoughts-on-groseclose-book-on-media-bias/

Last edited:
How much stock should one put in their adversaries opinion of their strategy?

If they are smart, none at all.

If they are brilliant, they would read between the lines.

Go with that...

Listen to FoxNews....they never steered you wrong

Well then, let's do it. The Republicans need a true blue, all conservative ticket. No more RINO's, no more moderates. Go full bore right and let's get on with it. Cruz & Paul, Cruz/Paul/Santorum & Palin/Bachmann, whatever. Let's go.

This would be a good time to answer the Republican vs. Conservative debate once and for all. It would also make for a wild campaign.

I agree, I guess it's time to see how a very conservative ticket would do.
In 2012, the GOP got killed within the largest voting bloc in the US, the moderates, when they ran a candidate who at one time was identified as one of them. How will that voting bloc react to a candidate quite a bit more to the right than the candidate they voted against in 2012?
The more America has become polarized by the "true" conservatives and "true"liberals , the more voters have declared themselves to be moderate.
Yup, 2016 could be very interesting.

Last edited:

8 seconds with google.

Did ou read that report?

I found the measurements to be interesting and some of the sources he called biased to the left....to be odd. Drudge? Liberal?

I agree with that.

Think about it.

Drudge doesn't write anything, they link to existing stories and attach a headline.

If the media is generally biased to the left, by extension Drudge would also tend to skew left.

Last edited:

8 seconds with google.

The problems with the Groseclose/Milyo study of media bias - Brendan Nyhan

Thoughts on Groseclose book on media bias ? The Monkey Cage

Are these critiques scientific peer reviewed papers?

Then shouldn't we dismiss them as they do not fit your criteria?

8 seconds with google.

Did ou read that report?

I agree with that.

Think about it.

Drudge doesn't write anything, they link to existing stories and attach a headline.

If the media is generally biased to the left, by extension Drudge would also tend to skew left.

Existing wingnutty extremist bullshit stories, yes.

8 seconds with google.

Did ou read that report?

I agree with that.

Think about it.

If Drudge doesn't write anything, why are they included in the study.

8 seconds with google.

Yours was not peer reviewed either.

I gave it a look. I found some of it too convenient. I found some info about the guy and some criticism of his methodology.

This upsets you.

Based on the study, CNN is centrist and even the most liberal of media outlests is about as liberl as Joe Lieberman. Do you agree with that?

Did ou read that report?

I agree with that.

Think about it.

Existing wingnutty extremist bullshit stories, yes.

You've never been to Drudge, have you.

You can't believe everything the leftwingers tell you Sarah.

They lie.

I took the top five story headlines on Drudge just now and sourced them just for you...so you can believe what you see, and not what I tell you.

9611f292-daf2-4209-8c16-bb37e0feed10_zps5a6b2e1e.jpg

The last one from Politico was the main headline on Drudge, but including the headline in the image made it too big.

Last edited:
Did ou read that report?

I agree with that.

Think about it.

If Drudge doesn't write anything, why are they included in the study.

They classified the content that Drudge linked to.

I gave it a look. I found some of it too convenient. I found some info about the guy and some criticism of his methodology.

This upsets you.

What is there to be upset about?

You asked for a study, you claimed you were open minded.

I gave you a study...you weren't pleased with the result, so you went looking for a reason to dismiss it.

And the cycle continues.

You will never be convinced by any amount of evidence...your mind is made up.

So why should I waste my time looking up studies that prove what is common knowledge to try to convince someone who will find a way to dismiss any evidence.

How about this?

You read the studies, find a method of dismissing them and post that.

This upsets you.

I gave you a study...you weren't pleased with the result, so you went looking for a reason to dismiss it.

And the cycle continues.

So why should I waste my time looking up studies that prove what is common knowledge to try to convince someone who will find a way to dismiss any evidence.

How about this?

Your study fell short. Sorry. I was open to it.

Question......did you know about that study before you googled it tonight?

This upsets you.

And the cycle continues.

How about this?

Your study fell short. Sorry. I was open to it.

Question......did you know about that study before you googled it tonight?

The study didn't fall short...that is your unchecked bias.

One guy disputing methodology does not invalidate a study.

No, I didn't know about the study before I googled it.

I don't need a study to prove the liberal bias.

I see the liberal bias in the media every day...you don't see it because you agree with it, so it is glossed right over.

Forum List

Back