7th Day Adventism

Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians?

Question: "Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians?"

Answer:
In Colossians 2:16-17, the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” Similarly, Romans 14:5 states, “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.” These Scriptures make it clear that, for the Christian, Sabbath-keeping is a matter of spiritual freedom, not a command from God. Sabbath-keeping is an issue on which God’s Word instructs us not to judge each other. Sabbath-keeping is a matter about which each Christian needs to be fully convinced in his/her own mind.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Read more: Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians

Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians?

Question: "Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians?"

Answer:
In Colossians 2:16-17, the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” Similarly, Romans 14:5 states, “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.” These Scriptures make it clear that, for the Christian, Sabbath-keeping is a matter of spiritual freedom, not a command from God. Sabbath-keeping is an issue on which God’s Word instructs us not to judge each other. Sabbath-keeping is a matter about which each Christian needs to be fully convinced in his/her own mind.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Read more: Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians

Would argue the Sabbath was established by God during Creation, long before giving of the Torah and thus Judaism proper existing at Mt. Sinai. As such, the Sabbath came before any religion and was made to be sacred binding everyone, not just Jews.

Understanding the Sabbath

John MacArthur explains that Jesus is our Sabbath. I'll be adding more info, Lord willing tom. on this cult.

Years ago, we had some 7th day adventist friends. They were good, decent people, never preached their religion at us, made some really good, down-home-type vegetarian meals. I remember they did alot of very compassionate work for the poor, elderly, homeless so I can see why some would dislike the religion.

I suppose they were kinda boring but still, its a shame we all moved on and lost track of each other.

Their religion is no more a "cult" than yours is.

You're not a very nice person, are you.

Does observance of the "sabbath" constitute a good work in itself or simply an expression of faith?

Forum List

Back