‘$8 for a box of cereal?’: This Florida retiree says ‘everyone’s looking for a job’

I buy plastic buckets for parts cleaner when working on my truck and Golf cart....
last year they were $2.50 per bucket... today $7.99.... window washers and painters use them... its like a tax on those small businesses....
Odd...."Homer buckets" have been around $5.00 for years but I've not priced them at a store lately. I pick up a few 7-gal food grade ones every now and again from an eatery in town to store bird feed in.....$2.00 each last year. They are about $13.00.

I know the Gama Lids I put on them have gone way up.....They used to be $4.00 each everywhere, now they are $12.00 in most stores. This place is cheaper.

Odd...."Homer buckets" have been around $5.00 for years but I've not priced them at a store lately. I pick up a few 7-gal food grade ones every now and again from an eatery in town to store bird feed in.....$2.00 each last year. They are about $13.00.

I know the Gama Lids I put on them have gone way up.....They used to be $4.00 each everywhere, now they are $12.00 in most stores. This place is cheaper.

Awesome thank you...

I've never seen eight dollar cereal but I've seen around seven dollars.

Everything is more expensive, to claim it isn't is ridiculous
Unless you buy the smallest size at an average $3 to $4/box for the most plain and tasteless, cereal is running $4 to $8 depending on the ingredients and the brand. We stopped buying boxed cereal except for the kind you cook--malt-o-meal, oatmeal and such--as we can get a lot of meals out of those without spending a lot of money. I don't doubt in some areas prices are higher than here.

Forum List

Back