‘$8 for a box of cereal?’: This Florida retiree says ‘everyone’s looking for a job’

Unless you buy the smallest size at an average $3 to $4/box for the most plain and tasteless, cereal is running $4 to $8 depending on the ingredients and the brand. We stopped buying boxed cereal except for the kind you cook--malt-o-meal, oatmeal and such--as we can get a lot of meals out of those without spending a lot of money. I don't doubt in some areas prices are higher than here.
Thanks Obama

More and more people are purchasing store brands. Many are of quality. And made from companies who produce the name brands.
I knew that 40 years ago when I worked at a Kroger in college. Kroger introduced their Cost Cutter brands that were the same name brand products at a lower cost. If you bought name brand, you were wasting money.

If you can’t buy cereal then the problem ain’t the economy. Was $3.50 today.

IMG_0863.jpeg

You said you've "seen" $7 cereal. You never said you bought it. Do you buy $7 boxes of cereal?
A 10 oz box of cheerios is $7..... so what are you talking about?...

A 10 oz box of cheerios is $7..... so what are you talking about?...

Perhaps buying breakfast from a liquor store isn't the best idea. You can get a 10.8 oz box of Honey Nut Cheerios for $3 from my local Star Market right now.

Forum List

Back