‘$8 for a box of cereal?’: This Florida retiree says ‘everyone’s looking for a job’

Grandkids maybe and older folks don't want to shop every week so they buy the larger sizes... inflation is real are you arguing its not?....

I'm saying the shock value of a $7 box of cereal wears off once you get to the part where it's a bulk size feeding the guy for a month.

Unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii or some foreign country, you're lying.

John Doe, you have absolutely NO CREDIBILITY. Receiving likes from your kind only sends you deeper into the pit. Price it, you full-time idiot.
51S3TNhq8SL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

I buy plastic buckets for parts cleaner when working on my truck and Golf cart....
last year they were $2.50 per bucket... today $7.99.... window washers and painters use them... its like a tax on those small businesses....

Several products I buy have seen small (but noticible) price increases.....after seeing rather large one.

But Paul Krugman says we are doing great !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It must suck living on a low fixed income. If only you hadn't been lazy during your working years.....

What does that have to do with the subject at hand ?

This is about a man who says he needs a job because inflation is now eating into his non-discetionary requirements.

Can you please stick to the point of the thread ?

You are free to start your own thread where you project your own situation onto others.....

Well we know you dont buy the $7 cereal. So how does this affect you again?

Get off the thread.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

That, or attempt to say something meaningful and stop revealing what a lousy job someone did in raising you.

If you can’t buy cereal then the problem ain’t the economy.

How can you continue to reveal what an idiot you are all the while claiming to be some high level number cruncher ?

Go back and read the OP. Then try to think of how things might be connected.

The problem is the economy and the inflationary pressures it is creating.

Inflation ALWAYS hits people on fixed incomes the hardest. Their buying power is slipping.

I am not defending anyone or their financial planning.

But his reality is reality for some.

And much of it rests on Joe "Build Bullcrap" Biden.

Isn't the bigger picture here that somehow this man is being pushed back into the workforce by inflation ?
True, but why use exaggerated examples?

My Walmart pumpkin mini pies used to be 50 cents each, forever. They are now $0.84 thanks to Bidenflation. For $2.00 you used to be able to get 4. Now for the same $2.00 you now get 2 and $0.32 change!

Amazing how these “compassionate” liberals have complete disdain for the working class while defending the rights of illegals to free food and housing.

And the working class knows it. That’s why Trump will win.

What you have here is an example of someone (someone who sounds like they don't have a lot of money), but who was retired and is now being hit by inflation (as is anyone on a fixed income).

You can't run from that.

The jobs report can be great, but so what.......and what it means is that people who were not working and didn't want to work can now easily find a job doing something they didn't want to do so they can buy the things they used to buy when they were not working without issue.

This thread raises an interesting question...has Biden pissed off seniors with his inflation?? Because if there's one thing presidential candidates fear, it's pissed off seniors.

True, but why use exaggerated examples?

My Walmart pumpkin mini pies used to be 50 cents each, forever. They are now $0.84 thanks to Bidenflation. For $2.00 you used to be able to get 4. Now for the same $2.00 you now get 2 and $0.32 change!

How is this exaggerated ?

It's simply the case for this man.....

Likely true for those who don't have a lot of income but were getting by.

Forum List

Back