‘$8 for a box of cereal?’: This Florida retiree says ‘everyone’s looking for a job’

How can you continue to reveal what an idiot you are all the while claiming to be some high level number cruncher ?

Go back and read the OP. Then try to think of how things might be connected.

The problem is the economy and the inflationary pressures it is creating.

Inflation ALWAYS hits people on fixed incomes the hardest. Their buying power is slipping.

I am not defending anyone or their financial planning.

But his reality is reality for some.

And much of it rests on Joe "Build Bullcrap" Biden.
The other thing is that the majority of retirees had no more than high school diplomas, and had working class jobs all their lives. They contributed to society for 40 years, paid taxes, raised children, and put a little something away for old age - to the extent they could.

And now they are hit with Bideninflation with gas up 40%, and many basic food items are up 30%, 40%, and more. And the same Dems who stick up for welfare leeches and illegal aliens show outright contempt for people who paid their own way through life.

Amazing how these “compassionate” liberals have complete disdain for the working class while defending the rights of illegals to free food and housing.

And the working class knows it. That’s why Trump will win.
Elite selfish know it all's who look down on people... when they are the less informed... its very frustrating...

Elite selfish know it all's who look down on people... when they are the less informed... its very frustrating...
And they’re so full of themselves that they think tradespeople and other blue-collar workers don’t realize they are being looked down upon.

I get into very interesting political discussions with the tradespeople who do work on or in my house. They are very aware of what’s going on and are far more intelligent than today’s college-educated 20-something.

This thread raises an interesting question...has Biden pissed off seniors with his inflation?? Because if there's one thing presidential candidates fear, it's pissed off seniors.

Boomers can't really afford this kind of garbage and Biden has done little to help them.

They are going to be pissed.

Young people are dumping him too.

His only hope is with disaffected republicans like that moron Adam Kinzinger.

A 38 oz box of cereal? This is getting absurd.
It's real good. At least I can say the price has remained throughout this mess. $13.59 at Costco actually, bought a box today. I get a box of raisin nut bran when I feel like saving some bucks. A large one is under $5 at Walmart. I just add crushed almonds to that, which are actually better for you, especially for those choppers. I add a bunch of dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, and strawberries to whichever one, every morning, and never tire of it. Exception being when my gal and I eat out, for BACON.............BACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON:yes_text12: . Sometimes that's home though, nothing like homemade bacon done right, half the time pros leave me scratching my head, "hey man, think you could put it on the fryer for the next 15 seconds?" Yeah no kidding, popular $80 for breakfast for two, California style.
She's a Vegan, :no_text11:. Sometimes I add fresh blackberries or boysenberries to the cereal as well. My gal grows a bunch of em, it's the only nice thing about California:p Go figure the SOB State carries the highest grocery bill of all the States anyway. Only a leftist could screw that up.

Last edited:
The wealthiest demographic in the country is retired White people. Most have no debt, money in savings (401k's etc.), and a reasonable income. And Medicare is great.

Those who are struggling financially are a small minority, which is not to say that they don't deserve compassion, but let's not overstate the problem.

Seems reasonable for two and a half pounds of designer cereal.

Spinning doesn't fit you well.

The real question is...what did the 2.5 lbs of "designer cerial cost 2 years ago vs now.

Your deflection is noted. And your transformation into a really crappy hack appears complete.

Answer that question. That is data. I have no clue.

The guy in the OP says whatever he buys cost more now. Maybe they paid him to say it.

The wealthiest demographic in the country is retired White people. Most have no debt, money in savings (401k's etc.), and a reasonable income. And Medicare is great.

Those who are struggling financially are a small minority, which is not to say that they don't deserve compassion, but let's not overstate the problem.

Each unmatched increase in inflation cuts more people out of their discretionary cash. If you have data on who is and isn't being hurt (and how you got to a "small minority" or what that means), please feel free to share.

Each unmatched increase in inflation cuts more people out of their discretionary cash. If you have data on who is and isn't being hurt (and how you got to a "small minority" or what that means), please feel free to share.

Tell us how you are hurting, what have you had to cut out of your life to make ends meet?

Tell us how you are hurting, what have you had to cut out of your life to make ends meet?
I don't recall saying I was hurting.

Did I say that ?

If so, I would be wrong.

Please show me so I can get that post deleted.

Thank you.

I don't recall saying I was hurting.

Did I say that ?

If so, I would be wrong.

Please show me so I can get that post deleted.

Thank you.

So, you are not hurting. Neither is anyone else on this forum, or at least nobody will admit to it.

Do you not find that even a little odd given how bad you all say things are in the country?

How can you continue to reveal what an idiot you are all the while claiming to be some high level number cruncher ?

Go back and read the OP. Then try to think of how things might be connected.

The problem is the economy and the inflationary pressures it is creating.

Inflation ALWAYS hits people on fixed incomes the hardest. Their buying power is slipping.

I am not defending anyone or their financial planning.

But his reality is reality for some.

And much of it rests on Joe "Build Bullcrap" Biden.
I listed cereal I can buy, today, for $3.50. That is not setting anyone back. I buy cereal for my kids and if you use 2% of your brain you can get at a reasonable price.

Amazing how these “compassionate” liberals have complete disdain for the working class while defending the rights of illegals to free food and housing.

And the working class knows it. That’s why Trump will win.
How much will they need contribute to him?

For him to notice.

Last edited:
I just searched the web site for 4 stores in our area, could not find a box of cereal more than 6 bucks and that was for the "family size", a huge box.

Forum List

Back