80's Tunes...

I love punk. I promoted a lot of bands but I had the most fun of all repping these guys. Micky always, inevitability got me in shit somewhere we were playing. What great times.

magazine-20051124-hamiltonspectator.jpg

I hope this works for you. I can't see it myself.

Let me know please. It should be surfin on heroine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another band of mine. Long story. These guys were so dedicated to their manager they lost sight of where they could have gone. Don't get me wrong. I loved Bill too, but I watched a band that out of loyalty (a rare commodity in rock) lost big time.

One can argue with me. And please do. But I think the band lost in the end over loyalty.

Hehehe I don't think I've ever seen a bar band ever that could do this to me.

Half way thru one of their sets people were dancing on tables and on the bar and I know I was screaming for a pole as I took my hair out of a pony tail. 80's were wild that way.

You had punk like my Forgotten Rebels, you had mid rock like Van Halen, you had new bands coming up like Helix with asshole high and mighty bastards in R&D like A&M calling them dinosaur rock, and then you had country bands like Showdown * gold platinum and double platinum on those boys*for me and a spectrum of music just right across the board.

Bowie was resurging. One of my faves ever ever ever, Brian Ferry was making a comeback.

What a great time to be alive. The 80's were a most amazing time. And one could have fun.

I went coast to coast with a lot of bands. My day gig in the 80's running my own company, stay at home mom til 8 oclock and the first set.

Joe Hall and the Continental Drift was the most funniest tour. Is that a correct phrase?

None the less, just going coast to coast with these maniacs was a trip unto itself.

Helix+-+White+Lace+%26+Black+Leather+(1981)+(front).jpg

It was a glorious time.

Forum List

Back